Rough video of black man killed in Minneapolis police custody last night

oak_street1981

Reaction score
Sad dose of reality that many won’t want to read and accept.
Developers will be not spend their own resources to fix this burned out shell. This makes the Kmart site redevelopment much harder.

Even with more resources, they let the fully looted east lake Walgreens burn up last night.

The last big building left at 26th and lake looks damaged beyond repair
How did this happen with all the new supprt.

jamiche

Reaction score
Simple brilliant piece. Thank you.
Wow, deuce! Where is the evidence of the outsiders in the funny costumes with expensive cameras and backpacks with portable antennas and fancy earbuds organizing and riling people up? There have to be hundreds if not thousands of them here to pull off a sophisticated operation of this size. Lara "No Agenda" Logan talking to Laura Ingraham on Fox doesn't quite get it done. Can't you guys at least show me a secret handshake?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I'm off Lexington, a couple blocks North of Summit, close to the CVS on Grand. All the gas stations & supermarkets are closed. I also normally use Target, Cub & Aldi. I stopped by that Lund's in Highland Village earlier in the day on Saturday, but it was too sad. Line down the block of people socially distancing, with masks, all terrified. I couldn't join them. I hit CostCo in Woodbury instead. Stocked up & gassed up.
Woodbury is perfect for you and people like you! Byyyeeeee!

jamiche

Reaction score
If Kaepernick stuck to that message of calling attention to issues with excessive policing people would listen more but he has the baggage of repeatedly trashing the country, the flag, the entire police community. Most people don’t support that. It was a critical, strategic mistake for a movement to hitch their wagon to a hothead like Kaepernick. It may be hard for you to believe but despite all the problems the majority still support law enforcement over criminals because most of us have run ins with the latter people at some point in our lives.
Kap was quite consistent in his purpose for kneeling. Then trump went crazy.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Yeah, it’s all about Trump. Crafty dems inventing Covid and convincing a cop to snuff out a citizen. He’s really had to bear a lot.

jamiche

Reaction score
There's no way Jammer doesn't know who & what Antifa are. They were covered ad nauseum during the 2015 campaign season as they attacked innocent attendees at Trump rallies, started riots all over the West Coast & we covered their attacks on law enforcement here including the various fire bombings & gun attacks they've committed, as well as at least one mass shooting, over the past 3+ years.

They're Communists. That's not hyperbole, they are self avowed Communists. They want to overthrow the United States & replace it with a Communist dictatorship. How can anyone who's being honest, not know that by now? It's not a right wing fantasy, just google them up. Look at their websites. Look at their logo. Look at the signs they carry. Read their manifesto. Look at their actions. How hard is this?
FFS, craig. Yes, I've heard of antifa. I've heard of ACORN too. I'm as worried about antifa as I was about ACORN, one of your old boogeymen. I even spent a few minutes online that I won't get back on your behalf today and here's what I learned. Yes antifa is anti gubmint, but so is deuce. Deuce doesn't scare me a bit. He's pathetic. I went to four websites, including antifa's own site and couldn't find the "C" word on any of them. The closest was "comrade"--scary!! Yes, there was a sick man who murdered three people in Dayton a couple of years ago who belonged to antifa. A terrible tragedy. Should we compare that to all of the white supremacy killings, including lynchings, in this country over the last two hundred years? I found one vid of some antifa folks fighting with magas at a trump rally in 2019. It looked pretty even. A gang get together.

I'm far more concerned about right wing violence in this country and trump's inclination to incite violence, than antifa.

In terms of the mayhem in Minneapolis over the last five days, why don't you produce some actual evidence that this was an organized campaign led by antifa. Just saying it was, doesn't make it so.

Yes, I know you'll call me a liar again. Give us some facts that prove antifa took over this situation. No more long winded narratives.

LongLiveMilesTarver

Reaction score
I dont know what the answer is. But I do know they need to stop hiring such giant dickheads as city cops

Some are likely dickheads from the beginning and some likely become dickheads over time because they probably become jaded after watching and dealing with all of the bull shit they have to put up with on a daily basis.

And then there are the high majority which are perfectly fine.

LongLiveMilesTarver

Reaction score
I agree. I just think that’s the only kind of person who would want that job? And dealing with crap all day probably turns some people into dickheads. Culture needs to change though for sure.
I didn't even read your post before responding but this is exactly what I said.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Hill-dawg! She set the fires!!

hahahahahaha

Loves every second of her mini-docu on Hulu. Concerted effort over decades to villainize her by gross white conservatives. Recommend it to anyone on here, we’ll except those who are trying desperately to tell anyone who will listen that it was “antifa”.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Random thoughts;

This all started with a $20 bill. A man went into a store and tried to buy cigarettes, and the clerk thought the $20 bill he used was counterfeit. Clerk called the cops, and you know the rest.

So, some questions:

Did anyone ever determine whether the $20 bill was, in fact, counterfeit?

(I know there are ways to test a bill to see if it is genuine. Did the clerk use one of those tests?)

Where is the $20 bill now? did it get saved for evidence?

Was George Floyd positively identified as the man who passed the $20 bill?

And the big one - which can never be answered -
if Floyd was the man who passed the $20 bill, did he know it was counterfeit?

If he knew it was phony, then he entered that store with criminal intent. But - if he did not know it was phony, and thought it was just another $20 bill, then he did not have criminal intent.

(I use to work as a cashier in a restaurant. I've handled a lot of money. I cannot claim that I can tell a good bill from a bad bill by sight, unless it's a really cheap bad bill with obvious errors.)

Everything that happened may be due to a simple mistake. that is irony on a Rod Serling level.

diehard

Reaction score
Kicked out all his teeth when he was already unconscious, for trying to help the man they were trying to kill for having an American flag. This is the face of the modern Democrat party.
Spot on, as usual. Many of the DFLers (the ususal suspects) are part and parcel to these travesties. They are indeed dangerous, not just distasteful. You can safely bet your life savings that Mpls was out there participating and thinking it was neccessary and justified. Huge mental problems for many DFLers on the board. IDNK how any of the good ones remain DFLers other than the Rs are bad. A different kind of bad, but bad. Not the best choice. Minnesota politics suck.

diehard

Reaction score
Random thoughts;

This all started with a $20 bill. A man went into a store and tried to buy cigarettes, and the clerk thought the $20 bill he used was counterfeit. Clerk called the cops, and you know the rest.

So, some questions:

(I know there are ways to test a bill to see if it is genuine. Did the clerk use one of those tests?)

If he knew it was phony, then he entered that store with criminal intent. But - if he did not know it was phony, and thought it was just another $20 bill, then he did not have criminal intent.

(I use to work as a cashier in a restaurant. I've handled a lot of money. I cannot claim that I can tell a good bill from a bad bill by sight, unless it's a really cheap bad bill with obvious errors.)

Everything that happened may be due to a simple mistake. that is irony on a Rod Serling level.
Most of these questions have been answered for those who are ambitious enough to get informed. The charge should be involuntary manslaughter. And yes, he should be charged, but this was at least partially suicide by cop. We will find out that the participants were not foreign to each other before this horrible incident. Preliminary autopsy results support what I have been saying. Haven't heard toxicology yet.

diehard

Reaction score
I fully expect we have GH posters that have provided material support to the terrorist group known as antifa. It is who they are.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
Random thoughts;

So, some questions:

Thanks for mentioning all that. I had the same questions too.

It could be that (perhaps while drunk or under the influence of drugs, which I think I heard mention that maybe he was drugged up when arrested) somebody on the street offered him a $20 bill for a $10 and a $5, and in diminished capacity he didn't spot that as an obvious fraud. Then he went to spend his $20 bill.

It's possible that the whole thing was triggered by some other criminal. I'm betting the police never had the suspicious $20 in hand, but I don't know - haven't heard. Add that the cop knew the accused perp, and that you'd think the first thing the cop would do is ask him if he knew that was counterfit, but instead he proceeds directly to trying to drag him out of the car and subdue him. I think there's plenty of evidence of really-bad-copping-leading-to-death even if the major cause of death was not the foot in the throat.

Add the whole destruction of America via riots part, and Rod Serling would have a hey-day.

Section2

Reaction score
Wow, deuce! Where is the evidence of the outsiders in the funny costumes with expensive cameras and backpacks with portable antennas and fancy earbuds organizing and riling people up? There have to be hundreds if not thousands of them here to pull off a sophisticated operation of this size. Lara "No Agenda" Logan talking to Laura Ingraham on Fox doesn't quite get it done. Can't you guys at least show me a secret handshake?
You are gonna have to decide soon if you’re with them or against them. Make your choice.

Section2

Reaction score
FFS, craig. Yes, I've heard of antifa. I've heard of ACORN too. I'm as worried about antifa as I was about ACORN, one of your old boogeymen. I even spent a few minutes online that I won't get back on your behalf today and here's what I learned. Yes antifa is anti gubmint, but so is deuce. Deuce doesn't scare me a bit. He's pathetic. I went to four websites, including antifa's own site and couldn't find the "C" word on any of them. The closest was "comrade"--scary!! Yes, there was a sick man who murdered three people in Dayton a couple of years ago who belonged to antifa. A terrible tragedy. Should we compare that to all of the white supremacy killings, including lynchings, in this country over the last two hundred years? I found one vid of some antifa folks fighting with magas at a trump rally in 2019. It looked pretty even. A gang get together.

I'm far more concerned about right wing violence in this country and trump's inclination to incite violence, than antifa.

In terms of the mayhem in Minneapolis over the last five days, why don't you produce some actual evidence that this was an organized campaign led by antifa. Just saying it was, doesn't make it so.

Yes, I know you'll call me a liar again. Give us some facts that prove antifa took over this situation. No more long winded narratives.
You and Howie are still trying to pretend that the KKk is some huge threat in this country. Spare us your need for “evidence”. Turn on the tv, right in front of your face.

Section2

Reaction score
Random thoughts;

So, some questions:

To me, it doesn’t matter. He could have been completely innocent, or he could have pulled a gun on the cops. He was under control, and not resisting for the 8 minutes he was pleading for his life and saying he couldn’t breathe. That’s the problem.

Section2

Reaction score
Lot of likes for this completely idiotic tweet

Is the KKK not designated as a terrorist organization? Where is this requirement that it be foreign coming from? Not saying you’re wrong, just doesn’t make sense to me. I guess I don’t really like the idea of a president getting to decide who a terrorist is. That can be abused. But regardless, let’s investigate and infiltrate and bring down these folks. No more dangerous bunch in the country.

diehard

Reaction score
To me, it doesn’t matter. He could have been completely innocent, or he could have pulled a gun on the cops. He was under control, and not resisting for the 8 minutes he was pleading for his life and saying he couldn’t breathe. That’s the problem.
Saying you can't breathe is a sign that breathing is fine. There was a serious problem, that wasn't it. Prelimary autopsy shows no sign of asphyxia.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Correct. Honestly, if are pro life this should bother you.

Top Bottom