Rough video of black man killed in Minneapolis police custody last night

howeda7

Reaction score
Cooped-up Covid Release Syndrome.

I kind of hate to say this, but I called it a couple weeks ago already. With everybody cooped up so long, their destructive impulses have accumulated and are eating at them. I told myself, I bet the first "Black Lives Matter" type of protest for some random black man being killed by some random murderous cop, is going to ignite widespread nation-wide looting and terrorism. Partly from true terrorists, and partly from bored local hoodlums who haven't been able to steal hubcaps for a while.

When I predicted that, I had no idea it would happen in my own stomping grounds. Sorry that my prediction proved right.
This would have had more credence two weeks ago. Pretty much everyone and their grandma was out blowing off smoke over Memorial Day in one manner or another.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
I saw the police Chief press conference. He said tactics used often include “protesters” running up onto someone’s property (e.g., a porch) and claiming they live there. I believe that happens for sure. Not sure I approve handling it with a bullet (rubber or otherwise). Too big a possibility for mistakes. Send 3 cops up there, ask for ID? Not quite as easy as it seems in a chaotic situation. Still, agree- terrible look.

Edit: Didn’t see video. How bad did it look? Is the Chief’s explanation BS?
Never their fault.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
For comic relief, check this out.

I found this hilarious guy streaming video from LA (Melrose) on the looters there. He's giving the dynamic voice-over of his running commentary on the situation. His live picture is in a thumbnail in the corner, and in another corner are pictures of all his police scanners. Pretty sure his video is coming from a drone that he is operating.

His running commentary includes verbal wishes that some looters might get run over by a car, and speculating when LA might adopt a shoot-looters-on-sight rule, etc. Addicting just watching this funny dude. He's a bit whack I guess, yet you can't help cheering him on either.

Oops, he lost his video feed. Maybe his drone crashed.

Last edited:

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Too funny, craig. Your claim that this is an antifa operation is absolutely shameless.
I don't doubt that Antifa is here in some way. This is probably a stew of all kinds of outside agitators and agents. We've seen people in Antifa getup as well as people in Hawaiian shirts, which is Boogaloo garb. All that could be genuine or a put-on or subterfuge. But too many strange and funky goings on to ignore. People who reject these things out of hand have their heads in the sand. They don't want it to be true, so it's not!

diehard

Reaction score
It’s a legitimate control. The only thing wrong with Chauvin was the ridiculously excessive duration. GO HOME.
When used properly. Contol the head, control the body. I still believe he died of a heart attack. That happens when they did not stop resisting. Staying on him that long, especially after becoming non-responsive is more than troubling. After a few seconds you know they are not playng possum. BTW, been in Chauvin's position many times. That happens in out of control prisons daily..

diehard

Reaction score
I don't doubt that Antifa is here in some way. This is probably a stew of all kinds of outside agitators and agents. We've seen people in Antifa getup as well as people in Hawaiian shirts, which is Boogaloo garb. All that could be genuine or a put-on or subterfuge. But too many strange and funky goings on to ignore. People who reject these things out of hand have their heads in the sand. They don't want it to be true, so it's not!
Who needs Antifa when this is becoming DFL SOP? The party isn't what it used to be. Neither are you, bad.

Angry

Reaction score
All right. So how do we feed these locals? The grocery might be an issue for a while. Let’s get after it!

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Here’s the thing about that article I fully agree the police went way to far in some instances last night. With that said their was basically a volunteer curfew the night before and no one listened. What did people expect to happen last night. Everyone had ample time to be home by 8:00pm last night and not get involved with the police. To regain control in a riderless situation is never going to be pretty, but think of all the police interactions around the US last night and you see 20-30 examples of the over reaction. I will keep saying, but if I was asked to shelter at home for the last 9 weeks because of COVID why should it be any different for the criminals last night.

jamiche

Reaction score
My point all along has been that all kinds of people are involved in this. It’s been mostly white for several days, largely chaotic and mostly homegrown (we have all of the crazies). No evidence one group is controlling it.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Good. This is why we have a 2nd amendment. We've seen many Black & Hispanic business owners defend their property at a time when the police could not defend them. This is why I support the 2nd amendment and this is why people own "assault rifles", despite the left saying there's no valid reason.
I was told the guns were to fight back against an oppressive government

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Here’s the thing about that article I fully agree the police went way to far in some instances last night. With that said their was basically a volunteer curfew the night before and no one listened. What did people expect to happen last night. Everyone had ample time to be home by 8:00pm last night and not get involved with the police. To regain control in a riderless situation is never going to be pretty, but think of all the police interactions around the US last night and you see 20-30 examples of the over reaction. I will keep saying, but if I was asked to shelter at home for the last 9 weeks because of COVID why should it be any different for the criminals last night.
The article is mainly about business as usual. Obviously the need to regain the peace right now is a different deal altogether, which is why the Guard is involved.

Some people might like a militarized police force, but most people find it oppressive and dangerous. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and you give them that kind of firepower, and there's no wonder why we're at where we're at.

I'd much rather we have a larger force doing traditional policing than an understaffed and overequipped paramilitary occupational force doing things like murdering citizens and small-time criminals. The former sounds like civil society to me.

diehard

Reaction score
Control it? You have no connection with reality. They organize it, initiate it and step back and enjoy it. It rolls on its own because of idiots like you.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Seems beyond obvious:

- the organized rioters who came into Mpls to wreck havoc Thurs and Friday nights, left Sat morning.
- they're gone, they weren't here last night, they had either went back to their homes, or had moved on to other cities.

We need to get the best computer scientists and super computers to brute force crack their dark web messaging systems, if need be.

It's nothing short of guerilla civil war.

Top Bottom