Rough video of black man killed in Minneapolis police custody last night

Go4Broke

Reaction score
Is there any doubt the Minneapolis Police Union is going to back their boy until the bitter end?

theczar

Reaction score
the guy would have been better off not resisting people need to be educated the virtues of not resisting seems simple enough or the dude had issues ...drugs/booze/ mental illness....who knows...no proof that this cop killed him....wait for medical examiner report

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the same video I saw or if there is a longer one that shows the beginning but why does that officer just sit there calmly and let him die? This is seriously one of the worst ones I've ever seen if not the worst. Shooting scenarios take split second decisions, this officer consciously made the decision over and over for minutes while he died a slow sh!tty death.

Section2

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the same video I saw or if there is a longer one that shows the beginning but why does that officer just sit there calmly and let him die? This is seriously one of the worst ones I've ever seen if not the worst. Shooting scenarios take split second decisions, this officer consciously made the decision over and over for minutes while he died a slow sh!tty death.
I agree. It reminds me a lot of the guy in NY who was arrested for selling cigarettes. This guy was being arrested for forgery? Seems like this kind of arrest tactic should be reserved for violent criminals. I will say, the people shouting at the cops probably had the opposite effect than intended, and put the cops on the defensive to where they probably didn't want to stop and be seen as encouraging the onlookers, not that it's a defense.
Gonna be some riots over this for sure.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
I agree. It reminds me a lot of the guy in NY who was arrested for selling cigarettes. This guy was being arrested for forgery? Seems like this kind of arrest tactic should be reserved for violent criminals. I will say, the people shouting at the cops probably had the opposite effect than intended, and put the cops on the defensive to where they probably didn't want to stop and be seen as encouraging the onlookers, not that it's a defense.
But even in that one he was continually resisting, the cop put him in a choke hold and it was faster IIRC. This one literally happened over minutes and the cop was just kneeling there calm and collected letting it happen. Like at some point woulnd't you think "oh he stopped moving and his eyes are closed maybe he's not faking it?".

GopherNuts

Reaction score
whats the correct way to react when someone’s being killed?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Agree with this. He should’ve gotten up when the guy starting going unconscious. I don’t think the tactics to subdue him were wrong, just held it too long. The guy could breathe though. You can’t talk if you can’t breathe. He may very well have cut his circulation off, which would cause him to pass out. An autopsy will be required to determine the cause of death. I’d be a little nervous if I were that cop though.

Section2

Reaction score
Agree with this. He should’ve gotten up when the guy starting going unconscious. I don’t think the tactics to subdue him were wrong, just held it too long. The guy could breathe though. You can’t talk if you can’t breathe. He may very well have cut his circulation off, which would cause him to pass out. An autopsy will be required to determine the cause of death. I’d be a little nervous if I were that cop though.
Yes. He's cuffed. Let off a bit, and see if he continues to struggle and resist. What took so long? Obviously this is just a ridiculous situation. But MPLS is gonna MPLS.

Section2

Reaction score
I find it funny when leftists feel this way. And I like you Minnesota, but cops are the enforcement arm of the state. Maybe stop giving the state so much power? Maybe stop arguing to give cops a monopoly on the use force? Maybe stop passing so many laws?

Minnesota

Reaction score
I find it funny when leftists feel this way. And I like you Minnesota, but cops are the enforcement arm of the state. Maybe stop giving the state so much power? Maybe stop arguing to give cops a monopoly on the use force? Maybe stop passing so many laws?
I agree across the board, but I’m not a typical Democrat. We have different ideas of what giving the state too much power is, but I won’t muddy this thread up with it. I think militarization of the police in this country is a huge issue.

jamiche

Reaction score
Looking forward to CRG giving us a full criminal dossier on the deceased.
I'm looking forward to craig and deuce trayvoning this. That poor cop was just defending himself.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
I see a protest is planned, but hopefully no riots. Frey, Walz, and the FBI have responded, so hopefully that quells some of the anger.

Section2

Reaction score
I see a protest is planned, but hopefully no riots. Frey, Walz, and the FBI have responded, so hopefully that quells some of the anger.
There is just a gigantic public disconnect between police procedure and public understanding. That's really the main reason for all the public anger on these topics. And probably because the public has simultaneous competing goals. And also the patriot act and 9/11 changes to law enforcement. "Safety" is really the problem behind lots of this stuff.

howeda7

Reaction score
Awful stuff. Even while the legal process plays out, they should be terminated ASAP.

Section2

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to craig and deuce trayvoning this. That poor cop was just defending himself.
Did you not read my post to see that you were wrong? You're like Krusty the Clown betting on the Generals. I thought they were due!

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I agree across the board, but I’m not a typical Democrat. We have different ideas of what giving the state too much power is, but I won’t muddy this thread up with it. I think militarization of the police in this country is a huge issue.
Of course it is.

But, the guy killed him with his knee. He didn't even have a military knee pad.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
There's not a lot to destroy on that corner. There's a minority owned grocery store, a minority owned restaurant, a national chain gas station, and an African-American church.

Now if they start marching down Chicago towards downtown, that would be something.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Awful stuff. Even while the legal process plays out, they should be terminated ASAP.
I can't see how they won't be placed on leave. I don't think more can legally done beyond that, with the union labor deal in place. But maybe I'm wrong.

Top Bottom