Ron Paul baffled at being censored by Facebook: I am a non-interventionist and preach non-violence

stocker08

Reaction score
I'm not advocating that they shouldn't have the right. My comment was that noting the hypocrisy of all the libs now in the "free market" camp.

Of course, if I was running one of these, I'd let everything be fair game. It's the internet- it was born as a wild west, just let it be. The second it becomes censored and curated is the second it becomes not very interesting.
Huh? It's the libs that are the hypocrites? Not the virtue signaling righties who argue that bakers should be able to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation....just to turn around are scream like babies about king Trump and allies being booted for inciting violence?

Sure....thanks for playing.

stocker08

Reaction score
Just nuke Facebook. It’s a net negative on society.
The only positive of facebook is sharing photos. I could see how it made more sense back in the mid to late 00s as well. I've really never understood Twitter however. Some people use it for news....most use it as a place out of conceit....as though anyone cares about their day to day goings on or what they think about random topics. Maybe it's just me....but I don't find celebrities posting about themselves as something that is interesting. Shocks me how many friends I have that are glued to it, as well as snapchat.

forever a gopher

Reaction score
Even if you could be held personally liable?
Somehow I doubt that.
Of course not. Why should Twitter be held liable for dumbasses going on and promoting violence, posting nip picks, etc.? If Twitter itself (CEO/leaders/employees) are on there doing that, ok they should be held liable. But regular old users? Nah, that isn't Twitter's problem.

If I post something that says "meet me here at this time to watch me kick this dudes ass". How is that any different than if I had a personal webpage and posted it, or texting it/emailing a bunch of people? Should Comcast and Verizon stop me from doing that? Twitter is merely a conveyance. The second they start putting their grubby little fingers in things is when their motives should be questioned by it's users.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Still amazes me that some posters held that we have an unbiased press. At least that assertion has been laid to rest. Looks like we are now to the point where conservatives need to build their own when they are denied. Sad that we have gotten to this place and hopefully conservatives are willing to do the work necessary to maintain a presence in the marketplace.
There were plenty of people here (and everywhere really) that wholeheartedly believed as recently as a year or so into the last administration that places like CNN are "straight down the middle". Today, not even the most hardcore progressive would argue that most of the major media outlets are unbiased

John Galt

Reaction score
There were plenty of people here (and everywhere really) that wholeheartedly believed as recently as a year or so into the last administration that places like CNN are "straight down the middle". Today, not even the most hardcore progressive would argue that most of the major media outlets are unbiased
Howie would. Howie believes in CNN.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Nobody needs CNN to tell them that what we witnessed on January 6 was a horror show. We see it for exactly what it was.

The "liberal media" didn't fool us; we witnessed it. And according to some in law enforcement, we haven't yet seen the half of it.

Now, let's examine for a moment the other side of the equation: were the rioters fooled by liars? If so, the lies didn't originate in the "liberal media".

Wally

Reaction score
Still amazes me that some posters held that we have an unbiased press. At least that assertion has been laid to rest. Looks like we are now to the point where conservatives need to build their own when they are denied. Sad that we have gotten to this place and hopefully conservatives are willing to do the work necessary to maintain a presence in the marketplace.
Most of the hard news is pretty unbiased. The right thinks if they get a black persons viewpoint its liberal bias. Thats about where we are at.

Wally

Reaction score
Of course not. Why should Twitter be held liable for dumbasses going on and promoting violence, posting nip picks, etc.? If Twitter itself (CEO/leaders/employees) are on there doing that, ok they should be held liable. But regular old users? Nah, that isn't Twitter's problem.

If I post something that says "meet me here at this time to watch me kick this dudes ass". How is that any different than if I had a personal webpage and posted it, or texting it/emailing a bunch of people? Should Comcast and Verizon stop me from doing that? Twitter is merely a conveyance. The second they start putting their grubby little fingers in things is when their motives should be questioned by it's users.
They provide the forum.

So if I hand out gas cans to rioters I am not liable either, right? Gas is legal.

Same thing.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
So why do people feel Ron Paul was rightfully banned from Facebook?

Wally

Reaction score
So why do people feel Ron Paul was rightfully banned from Facebook?
Does it matter? Republicans say you can refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple, so Facebook can ban him for whatever reason they want. Thats Republican orthodoxy.

Its a bitch when your own policies come back to bite you ain't it.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Does it matter? Republicans say you can refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple, so Facebook can ban him for whatever reason they want. Thats Republican orthodoxy.

You didn't answer the question.

Plus Ron Paul isn't a republican and neither am I. Really dumb response like always.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I’ve seen that argued in here in the past week.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
And now, back to the original topic of the thread:

Why are libertarians whining and crying about private businesses making decisions about their own businesses?

RememberMurray

Reaction score

PRECISELY!!!

There is no right or wrong in libertarianism; by libertarian rules: every corporation gets to decide what is best for their own business. That's the entire libertarian mantra.

Ron, you got banned by the guys and gals at corporate HQ... so deal with it, cupcake. They don't owe you an explanation. Certainly not by libertarian rules, they don't.

Last edited:

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Yet no one can answer my question...
Why would anyone who doesn't work at corporate HQ and has no authority and/or decision-making responsibility in the matter have to answer for what a private business did to Ron Paul?

John Galt

Reaction score
Serious question for those on the left- do you want Facebook and Twitter to ban conservatives and for it to become a platform just for liberals?

I’m not on either one so I’m not missing out on anything, but am genuinely curious.

Wally

Reaction score
You didn't answer the question.

Plus Ron Paul isn't a republican and neither am I. Really dumb response like always.
He was elected as a Republican if I remember right. Are you telling me libertarian Ron Paul doesn't think businesses can refuse service to whoever they please? Really?

Wally

Reaction score
Serious question for those on the left- do you want Facebook and Twitter to ban conservatives and for it to become a platform just for liberals?

I’m not on either one so I’m not missing out on anything, but am genuinely curious.
I don't care, I think its funny and the more terrorist tears I see the better.

If you incite violence then I am not going to fight for you to destroy my country, sorry.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Why do you expect people who don't work at corporate HQ and therefore have no authority and/or responsibility in the matter to answer for what a private business did to Ron Paul?
You and others on here seem to accept it as ok. So if a business banned you for no reason, you’re good with that right?

RememberMurray

Reaction score
You and others on here seem to accept it as ok. So if a business banned you for no reason, you’re good with that right?
No! But then... I'm NOT A LIBERTARIAN, AM I?!?!?

Ron Paul, on the other hand, is the God of libertarianism.

You just can't quite wrap your head around this, can you?

John Galt

Reaction score
I don't care, I think its funny and the more terrorist tears I see the better.

If you incite violence then I am not going to fight for you to destroy my country, sorry.
Ron Paul incited violence?

Wally

Reaction score
The Republicans and the Right have been fighting to allow businesses to do this for years and years. The left has been fighting for the oppressed and now when it comes back to bite them its, woe is me. Fucking pathetic...

John Galt

Reaction score
The c
I don't know and don't care, I know he believes a business can refuse service for any reason. So he can't bitch.
You do know and are just refusing to admit it.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Ron Paul incited violence?
That is irrelevant to the guys and gals at corporate HQ. They don't have to answer your questions as to why Ron Paul was banned... at least, they don't have to according to libertarian dogma.

A private bakery can refuse to bake Ron Paul's wedding cake, and they don't owe him any explanations as to why they won't do it.

It's the same exact thing, Galty.

John Galt

Reaction score
The message was that Trump was banned for inciting violence. I don’t believe that a single person in America would claim Ron Paul was inciting violence. He was banned for being a conservative voice. Period.

Top Bottom