Review: Michael Moore exposes wind and solar energy in new documentary

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
We just bought a new much larger farm. Going heavily solar with generator back up. We have a really good electric coop. We will keep them for the yard lights. BTW using intensive rotational grazing with silvopasture our cattle are significantly carbon negative.
Nice! Raising anything new on the farm or just expanding your current lines of operation?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Note: nuclear is more expensive in large part because of massive regulation, including the banning of reprocessing by....our federal government. (I'm looking for a pat on the back by S2, here!)
Sure, but that's not going to change.

Certain we've been down this road before in another thread, a while ago. You are entitled to your opinion, but I'm a no vote on any expediting for Nuclear fission.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
We just bought a new much larger farm. Going heavily solar with generator back up. We have a really good electric coop. We will keep them for the yard lights. BTW using intensive rotational grazing with silvopasture our cattle are significantly carbon negative.
Glad you're using silvopasture, from the little I've read it seems like a smart decision.

That said, it would of course be impossible to feed the world at the current consumption rates of beef, if every grower did it the "right way" like this.

But that's ok, because beef from cows is going to become much more of a novelty/luxury going forward. A "once in a while" at home and/or at a restaurant.

Plant-based "beef" substitute products are already here, and quite good. You can already buy Beyond Beef patties at Costco, which I do, and they're amazingly similar and good.

diehard

Reaction score
Glad you're using silvopasture, from the little I've read it seems like a smart decision.

That said, it would of course be impossible to feed the world at the current consumption rates of beef, if every grower did it the "right way" like this.

But that's ok, because beef from cows is going to become much more of a novelty/luxury going forward. A "once in a while" at home and/or at a restaurant.

Plant-based "beef" substitute products are already here, and quite good. You can already buy Beyond Beef patties at Costco, which I do, and they're amazingly similar and good.
Quite different than conventional agricultural thought. The stocking rate goes through the roof with intensive rotational grazing. The cattle are moved from paddock to paddock at least once a day. The nutrients and grass stumble is stamped into the ground. It rebuilds lost top soil and holds water better increasing the grass yeilds. In fact it is proven to reverse desertification. It is a major carbon sequestration methods and the cattle are carbon negative. I like silvopasture for other reasons than carbon (not a concern of mine anyway). The trees provide shade, relief from the heat in the summer and shelter in the winter. With the added cow comfort the daily rates of gan also radically increase.

I have been studying human nutrition fairly intensively especially in the last year. Grassfed beef is essential to optimal human health. Lpok at the ingredients and nutritipn panel of the Beyond Beef, Impossible Burgers and what not. They are literal death bombs. If you dewire to be truly health and live chronic disease free the plant based route (vegetarian/vegan etc) is absolutey the wrong dietary path to take. The corn, soy bean, canola oils are unhealthy. We have a lot of people lookng healthy on the outside and dying on the inside. Cancer cures, heart disease prevention, and virus immunity all start at the cellular level. My physician is incredible. I seriously worry about what Big Pharma could do to him. Our health care system sucks big time. I saw him this mornng when he came to buy grassfed butter.

diehard

Reaction score
Nice! Raising anything new on the farm or just expanding your current lines of operation?
Expanding current and adding Keto friendly produce. Putting in a certified kitchen, butcher shop and full blown creamery. Lots of cooler and freezer space. Isn't going to be built in a day. Phase I Grand Opening is August 29.

Top Bottom