Reggie Lynch Undergoes Successful Surgery

GopherLady

Reaction score
Per U of MN press release:

University of Minnesota head men’s basketball coach Richard Pitino announced Friday that redshirt junior center Reggie Lynch (Edina, Minn./Edina HS/Illinois State) underwent a surgical procedure on his left knee.

Lynch is expected to be sidelined for a month while recovering from the operation.

DeathClutch

Reaction score
Could have been worse. There are 49 days left until opening day. So if it truly is a one month deal, he'll still have 2 1/2 weeks to get into game shape. Not too worried.

MennoSota

Reaction score
How long has it been since he played a competitive game or truly practiced? I have to think he's going to be quite rusty.

Winasota Gopher

Deep Insider
Reaction score
Thank god Pitino got that cup cake schedule for him to get acclimated to amirite SS? ;)

WindyCityGopher

Reaction score
Reggie's year so far reminds me of this.

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/ixzOQHthaB2/embed/simple?audio=1" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
at least it was successful surgery. Has any team in the history of sports ever announced that a player had unsuccessful surgery?

Serious question - is this something that just happened? If it was a on-going problem, it would have been nice to clean it up while he was suspended - unless Lynch was waiting to see if he would be cleared or not.

BarnBoy

Reaction score
Doctor, "I opened him up, I went in there with the sharp knife thingy and I had know idea what I was doing. It was a routine, unsuccessful surgery."

Tim1406

Reaction score
at least it was successful surgery. Has any team in the history of sports ever announced that a player had unsuccessful surgery?

Serious question - is this something that just happened? If it was a on-going problem, it would have been nice to clean it up while he was suspended - unless Lynch was waiting to see if he would be cleared or not.
When suspended do players have access to the basketball medical staff/etc...?

alchemy2u

Reaction score
In general, the doctor knows what he is going to encounter before they begin surgery. There is a reason why some surgeries last 1 hr and same surgery last 3 hours. The doctor keeps working until it is a success. Pretty rare for these common repairs to be unsuccessful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom