Reconciliation

justthefacts

Reaction score
I'd bet a month's salary that I know more transgender people than you do. Would you care to explain how it is "transphobia" to not think we should send 10's of millions of dollars to other countries for various things like this? Are you that dense? You can't see that plain fact through your hyper-partisan goggles?

Perhaps you should tell some of the thousands of businesses that have closed (many permanently) and hundreds of thousands of employees sent home because the left would rather ship money that could help THEM to other continents for whatever it is that catches their fancy.
Which page of the plan contains the language about transgender issues in North Africa?

And you're presenting a false choice. There's no part of stimulus for which the GOP plan provides more money.

John Galt

Reaction score
How can you say simultaneously that CPI inflation hasn't happened, but complaints about the minimum wage are because of inflation. The minimum wage went to $3.35 in 1981 and is $7.25 now, a CAGR of 1.95%. What level of inflation do you think is too high?

Housing costs are a result of a lack of supply, caused largely by zoning restrictions. How can you say that they're a result of loose monetary policy?

I'd also like to hear how rising health care costs are a result of Fed policies.
Inflation is happening, but isn’t showing up in the antiquated way the government reports it. It’s showing up in asset prices- housing, stocks and bonds. All of these are in or close to bubble territory.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Which page of the plan contains the language about transgender issues in North Africa?

And you're presenting a false choice. There's no part of stimulus for which the GOP plan provides more money.
Good grief, so keeping score today, so far we are electing to go with being obtuse, moving the goalposts, and citing/leaning heavily on the WAsh Post. Strong.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Good grief, so keeping score today, so far we are electing to go with being obtuse, moving the goalposts, and citing/leaning heavily on the WAsh Post. Strong.
That neither answers my question nor refutes the point that the GOP plan provides less stimulus/funding in every category. Which figure in the WaPo chart do you dispute?

jamiche

Reaction score
CPI inflation hasn’t come to pass. Zero risk? A fools words. Asset price inflation has happened. Every time you hear the left complain about housing costs, minimum wages, health care costs, yep, inflation.

we are on a train heading for a bridge with no tracks. It is a mathematical impossibility that we can ever pay back our debt or meet our long term obligations. The only question is when.
It's not that hard to pay back a loan when you owe the money to yourself, austrian. You've been bleary, teary on this since 2008, except 1/17-1/21.

jamiche

Reaction score
How seemlessly we move on to the next outrage of the day. Transphobia!! Sure, we can’t use the word “woman”, we have to call them bleeders. This is progress! Don’t think, just obey.
I think we should create a new gender category for our donalds. Let's call them "whiners."

howeda7

Reaction score
You've been flaming for inflation and runaway interest rates since 2008, melvin.
Like Sid predicting the Gophers are going to the Rose Bowl, he'll eventually be right or dead.

howeda7

Reaction score
It's not that hard to pay back a loan when you owe the money to yourself, austrian. You've been bleary, teary on this since 2008, except 1/17-1/21.
Strange how his deep and principled concern for the debt and deficits dissipated during that time...I wonder why?

Section2

Reaction score
How can you say simultaneously that CPI inflation hasn't happened, but complaints about the minimum wage are because of inflation. The minimum wage went to $3.35 in 1981 and is $7.25 now, a CAGR of 1.95%. What level of inflation do you think is too high?

Housing costs are a result of a lack of supply, caused largely by zoning restrictions. How can you say that they're a result of loose monetary policy?

I'd also like to hear how rising health care costs are a result of Fed policies.
I personally do not put much stock in CPI. But that’s what people refer to when they say no inflation. I’m trying to point out that there has been inflation in all kinds of things. Some directly caused by the Fed, others indirectly. And it seems to me that the average American feels it, and is unhappy about it, even if they might not identify the cause.

housing costs are all about zoning? Interesting theory.

Section2

Reaction score
Strange how his deep and principled concern for the debt and deficits dissipated during that time...I wonder why?
It didn’t. I said Trump would be judged by his spending and he failed. I wonder why yours dissipated with Biden’s win?

Spoofin

Reaction score
That you say its an insult says more about you than me.
Such a fraud. You are now going to pretend that you didn’t mean it as an insult when you called him transgender? Just making idle conversation? Okey Dokey.

Wally

Reaction score
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Own it Mitch!!!

McConnell slams Democrats for using the same mechanism to force through COVID-19 stimulus that he used to pass the 2017 tax cut

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Senate Democrats took a first step on Tuesday toward passing a coronavirus relief bill — with or without GOP support.

The Senate voted 50-49 to proceed to a budget resolution that greenlights passing a separate coronavirus relief bill through reconciliation, avoiding a 60-vote legislative filibuster.

The biggest question heading into Tuesday was if Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) would vote to support the budget resolution. He said in a statement that he would, but warned that he wants a targeted relief bill.

"Let me be clear — and these are words I shared with President Biden — our focus must be targeted on the COVID-19 crisis and Americans who have been most impacted by this pandemic. The President remains hopeful that we can have bipartisan support moving forward. I will only support proposals that will get us through and end the pain of this pandemic," Manchin said.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Who didn't vote?

I assume some Republican did not, on purpose, because they knew Dems had the 50 and didn't want to let Harris break the tie?

Section2

Reaction score
Nope. We are adding a third for our donalds. You folks are neither male nor female. Just whiners.
Ok, Thats fine. And I guess you’re right, I really didn’t notice much whining by the progs the last 4 years. It’s really just Trump supporters.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Ok, Thats fine. And I guess you’re right, I really didn’t notice much whining by the progs the last 4 years. It’s really just Trump supporters.
You know what was more alarming than "whining by the progs the last 4 years?" It was the lack of whining from the Trump sycophants like you as he tore the country apart the past 4 years.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Percent that have read the billl? Zero.
percent aware of every major piece of the Bill? Zero.
poll relevance? Zero.
Again I ask, which particular issue do you think is unpopular? I've presented polls on specific issues and a poll on the overall bill. You've made assertions.

Top Bottom