Reconciliation

Section2

Reaction score
I keep asking about the bill, and you keep redirecting to the polls.

John Galt

Reaction score
Yes, Democrats worked with a Republican President to pass $3T in stimulus, and now Democrats want to pass $1.9T more and Republicans won't go along. Great point. What could have changed?
What’s changed? We just passed $900 billion a month ago. Maybe try negotiating? Unity Joe looks pretty hollow.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
I'd like to read more about those proposals. Can you provide a link to the details?

That said, vaccinations for everyone simply makes sense. The more people who can't catch and transmit COVID, the safer we all are
Read the language.

Vaccinate illegals. Nope, ship illegals home. Illegal.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Vaccinating illegals. Sending $$ to foreign countries. Need more?
Illegal immigrants infected with covid19 aren't capable of infecting legal citizens?

Poor foreign countries that can't afford a bunch of vaccines for their people, will voluntarily prevent their people from traveling to the US for any reason and possibly infected our citizens?

John Galt

Reaction score
Yes, Democrats worked with a Republican President to pass $3T in stimulus, and now Democrats want to pass $1.9T more and Republicans won't go along. Great point. What could have changed?
Ten GOP Senators Push Biden for Smaller Relief Package (msn.com)

WASHINGTON—A group of Republican senators asked President Biden to work with them on a $600 billion bipartisan coronavirus relief effort as Democrats prepared to move forward on a $1.9 trillion package without GOP support.

In a letter Sunday, the 10 centrist Republican senators asked to meet with Mr. Biden to present details of their proposal and said they were coming forward in response to his appeal for bipartisanship.

The letter didn’t specify the cost of the proposal. Sen. Bill Cassidy (R., La.), one of the Republicans who signed the letter, said on “Fox News Sunday” that the proposal amounts to roughly $600 billion in spending. He also said it would match President Biden’s $160 billion allocation for increasing vaccinations and other efforts to control the spread of the coronavirus.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Ten GOP Senators Push Biden for Smaller Relief Package (msn.com)

WASHINGTON—A group of Republican senators asked President Biden to work with them on a $600 billion bipartisan coronavirus relief effort as Democrats prepared to move forward on a $1.9 trillion package without GOP support.

In a letter Sunday, the 10 centrist Republican senators asked to meet with Mr. Biden to present details of their proposal and said they were coming forward in response to his appeal for bipartisanship.

The letter didn’t specify the cost of the proposal. Sen. Bill Cassidy (R., La.), one of the Republicans who signed the letter, said on “Fox News Sunday” that the proposal amounts to roughly $600 billion in spending. He also said it would match President Biden’s $160 billion allocation for increasing vaccinations and other efforts to control the spread of the coronavirus.
That's all well and good but I'm sure one of the sticking points is not nearly enough money for transgender issues in northern Africa, and not enough money for the Smithsonian

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Illegal immigrants infected with covid19 aren't capable of infecting legal citizens?
The right people know how to spot “them”, and they can stay away. If they couldn’t, this would be really stupid, so they must be able to.

Angry

Reaction score
That's all well and good but I'm sure one of the sticking points is not nearly enough money for transgender issues in northern Africa, and not enough money for the Smithsonian
All the Dems care about is bailing out states that were in debt pre COVID. They can talk about whatever but that’s their redline.

jamiche

Reaction score
What’s changed? We just passed $900 billion a month ago. Maybe try negotiating? Unity Joe looks pretty hollow.
That's been tried, salty galty. The result was $400B in tax incentives and no seditionist votes. Elections have consequences. You remember that.

jamiche

Reaction score
All the Dems care about is bailing out states that were in debt pre COVID. They can talk about whatever but that’s their redline.
About half of the states that were in debt pre covid were seditionist, hangry. Secondly, almost all of the seditionist states take back more from the feds than they pay in. Of course.

As always, nice try.

Angry

Reaction score
About half of the states that were in debt pre covid were seditionist, hangry. Secondly, almost all of the seditionist states take back more from the feds than they pay in. Of course.

As always, nice try.
Interesting all I see is blue and purple states. I tried to do 2019 but 18 came up. Even if you want to count Texas as red the top two dwarf everyone else. 2DCF80A1-78D4-41F5-A60B-A0E11440D977.png

Angry

Reaction score
And another one that looks at assets vs liabilities. The usual suspects all at the top.

stocker08

Reaction score
All this talk about blue states needing to get bailed out by the federal government! So why is it that it's actually the red states that are the most reliant on the federal government.

12 of the top 16. Pretty sad. Meanwhile....those states like California ($0.75/dollar), New York ($0.70/dollar), and Illinois ($0.65/dollar) that the dotards are ragging on.....pay more in federal taxes than they receive back. I guess somebody has to pay for the seditionist states filled with lots of low IQ Trumpers.

Last edited:

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Poobah beeotch slapped by the angry dude with facts

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jamiche

Reaction score
Interesting all I see is blue and purple states. I tried to do 2019 but 18 came up. Even if you want to count Texas as red the top two dwarf everyone else. View attachment 11526
Of the 38 states running pre-covid deficits, 18 were red and 20 were blue. Secondly, almost all of the sedi states get back more than they pay in to the fed. Whiny welfare frauds. Of course.

Nice try, hangry.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Kinda hard to move from 600B to 1.9T. Glad Biden is entertaining them and took the meeting. I think he will ask for quite a bit more and see if they can get to a lower number than 1.9, but probably well north of 1 at least or maybe north of 1.5.

Would be great to have 60 votes on it, but I don't see that unless it's way closer to 600 and I don't think they want to do that.

We'll see.

Granted, of course, folks like Manchin and Sinema have lots of power. Need every last one of the 50. Senators aren't binary D/R, there's a spectrum. If Manchin says he wants to go much closer to the 600 package, then I'll take that over nothing.

Angry

Reaction score
Of the 38 states running pre-covid deficits, 18 were red and 20 were blue. Secondly, almost all of the sedi states get back more than they pay in to the fed. Whiny welfare frauds. Of course.

Nice try, hangry.
When blue states just get bailed out every 5 to 10 years they are not getting back less than what they paid in. There’s a big difference between 500 billion and 40-60.

Section2

Reaction score

Nice try, hangry.
degree of deficit is quite a bit more lopsided.
I’m gonna put you in the “yes” column for secession. You don’t want to share a country with the seds. Who could blame you?

stocker08

Reaction score
When blue states just get bailed out every 5 to 10 years they are not getting back less than what they paid in. There’s a big difference between 500 billion and 40-60.
Return on tax dollars. Red states are MUCH bigger net takers. Got to stop bailing out the dotard Trumpers.

Top Bottom