Qualified Immunity

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
That's always been my confusion on the issue as well. Suing the government in general seems like a bizarre concept. The people responsible aren't paying, you are.

Whiff, par usual!

It's about accountability for the organizations who are responsible for the actions of their employees.

WTF are you an anarchist??

There also needs to be serious tort reform.

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
Yep. I was about to post the same thing. I can’t pretend I know what the outcomes of QI elimination will be, but if this is the pro argument, it’s not very compelling. My issue generally is that we are a ridiculously litigious society, and anything that gives lawyers more means to file frivolous lawsuits gives me pause. On the other hand

Wally

Reaction score
The problem is the public (me) has to pay all the liability costs. I did not commit the tort, why should I have to pay? Taxation without representation.

That doesn't have to be the case, make cops self insure, give them a stipend for it and let the insurance companies get rid of the bad cops. That is the solution someone who belives in capitalism would support. Such a simple free market solution.

Supporting jackboot thugs is more like China and I don't want the US to be that.

Wally

Reaction score
That's always been my confusion on the issue as well. Suing the government in general seems like a bizarre concept. The people responsible aren't paying, you are.

I tend to agree, we should focus on personal responsibility as I highlighted in the last post.

Wally

Reaction score
It's about accountability for the organizations who are responsible for the actions of their employees.

There needs to be a balance, the problem is that this can make people totally unaccountable for their actions and I have a big problem with that.

Top Bottom