Putin puts a bounty on US soldiers

stocker08

Reaction score
Trump wouldn't want to upset BFF Putin. So what if they put a bounty on American troops? Trump NEEDS that Kremlin support.

WASHINGTON — American intelligence officials have concluded that a Russian military intelligence unit secretly offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants for killing coalition forces in Afghanistan — including targeting American troops — amid the peace talks to end the long-running war there, according to officials briefed on the matter.

The United States concluded months ago that the Russian unit, which has been linked to assassination attempts and other covert operations in Europe intended to destabilize the West or take revenge on turncoats, had covertly offered rewards for successful attacks last year.

Islamist militants, or armed criminal elements closely associated with them, are believed to have collected some bounty money, the officials said. Twenty Americans were killed in combat in Afghanistan in 2019, but it was not clear which killings were under suspicion.

The intelligence finding was briefed to President Donald Trump, and the White House’s National Security Council discussed the problem at an interagency meeting in late March, the officials said. Officials developed a menu of potential options — starting with making a diplomatic complaint to Moscow and a demand that it stop, along with an escalating series of sanctions and other possible responses, but the White House has yet to authorize any step, the officials said.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Just like the US paid for the taliban to fight russia in the 80s

howeda7

Reaction score
I notice Trump boot-lickers Beeg, KGF and CRG have nothing to say about this. If Obama had done this they'd be 6 pages in demanding his immediate impeachment.

justthefacts

Reaction score

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
The WSJ reported it too. https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia...k-americans-u-s-intelligence-says-11593214584

Perhaps it didn't really happen, but someone is definitely telling reporters it did. This may be the Deep State boogeyman, but it's not the Fake News boogeyman.

I'd also point out that the White House's main defense seems to be that the President wasn't briefed on this, which is an odd claim. What exactly does he get briefed on if it's not this?
That is a good point. And why would Trump need to be briefed on fake news? Weird story

cncmin

Reaction score
Completely disgusting. If this true, and it seems to fit the pattern of the jackass "leading" us, then this guy needs to be impeached and removed from office, right now. His damage to us is far too great to continue to have this much power into next January.

cncmin

Reaction score
That is a good point. And why would Trump need to be briefed on fake news? Weird story
Not a weird story so much as a very disturbing story that is likely true. Everything in this story fits the pattern.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
This isn't about moral superiority. It's about protecting your country. People expect this from Putin. It's about Trump's response.
I must be confused. After reading articles on this I was under the impression Trump was in trouble because he was letting it happen

justthefacts

Reaction score
I must be confused. After reading articles on this I was under the impression Trump was in trouble because he was letting it happen
Yes, right.

Greenwald's tweet is basically saying, "You guys are hypocrites for criticizing Putin for paying Taliban to kill Americans. America has done this same thing."

But that's not what the argument is about. It's about the RESPONSE to what Putin did.

In his zeal to demonstrate the moral inferiority of the United States, Glenn missed the point.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
This board gets more confusing by the day. I could have sworn that Barry told us for years that Russia was our friend and we have nothing to worry about? This can't be the same guy over there right?

cncmin

Reaction score
This isn't about moral superiority. It's about protecting your country. People expect this from Putin. It's about Trump's response.
He is Putin's puppet.

No puppet, no puppet. You're the puppet!

cncmin

Reaction score
Howie loves Russia conspiracies. This time it’s GOT to be true!
What if it is, is it enough for you to actually care this time? Or exactly what level of corruption and ineptitude does it require for you to begin to care?

cncmin

Reaction score
If Trump is doing what Putin wants, why would he attack our troops? Makes no sense. But yet another reason to pull out of Afghanistan.
Why not? Why threaten Alaska? Because he can, and there is no one in sufficient power in the US who is going to stop him.

Section2

Reaction score
What if it is, is it enough for you to actually care this time? Or exactly what level of corruption and ineptitude does it require for you to begin to care?
I don’t play that game.

Section2

Reaction score
Why not? Why threaten Alaska? Because he can, and there is no one in sufficient power in the US who is going to stop him.
What National or personal interests would it serve? Stop him from doing what? Afghanistan is a war zone. Lots of people want to harm our troops regardless of Putin. The problem with Trump opponents is they never stop to question whether something is likely to be true. If it’s about Trump and bad, it makes sense automatically.

Section2

Reaction score
Which game? Do you care about corruption and ineptitude?
The What if game. How would this be an example of corruption? Or ineptitude even. You can’t provide a logical explanation why Putin would want this or why Trump would response the way you say he did.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I notice Trump boot-lickers Beeg, KGF and CRG have nothing to say about this. If Obama had done this they'd be 6 pages in demanding his immediate impeachment.
I’ll say something. You idiots fell for another anonymous source...AGAIN.

Five top administration officials have come out publicly, not anonymously, adamantly denying such claims. If it were true, of course there would be documentable evidence, it would be career suicide to claim otherwise.

Top Bottom