Pre-existing conditions

howeda7

Reaction score
We have had socialized medicine since the 60s. The battle is always to prevent more. It will be very hard to go backward. Dems indeed want to "destroy" obamacare, and institute single payer. Is this even debatable? The chance to stop obamacare was 2012.
Whose battle? The R's apparently love Obamacare now.

Can you honestly defend the R messaging on this issue with a straight face?

Section2

Reaction score
Whose battle? The R's apparently love Obamacare now.

Can you honestly defend the R messaging on this issue with a straight face?
Let me break it down for the mentally challenged. we CURRENTLY HAVE obamacare. Rs are boxed in politically. Any move to remove obamacare and the left HOWLS about pre existing conditions. The smart move politically is to weaken but not eliminate Obamacare, take away the fear tactics of the left, and fear monger about single payer.

I'd rather just talk about completely dismantling all federal health care regulations and legislation, but I'm not running for office.

bga1

Reaction score
Let me break it down for the mentally challenged. we CURRENTLY HAVE obamacare. Rs are boxed in politically. Any move to remove obamacare and the left HOWLS about pre existing conditions. The smart move politically is to weaken but not eliminate Obamacare, take away the fear tactics of the left, and fear monger about single payer.

I'd rather just talk about completely dismantling all federal health care regulations and legislation, but I'm not running for office.
We currently have Obamacare which:

Accomplished nothing that was promised out loud. People were not able to keep their plans or doctors. It didn't bend down the cost curve. It didn't save families an average of $2500 per year as promised. It didn't insure everyone (not even close). Instead it blew up premiums and deductibles.

It did however, do everything that was intended. It hooked Americans on guaranteed insurability and another entitlement. The Dems and Obama quietly predicted that by 2018 the population would be screaming for single payer. Why? Because they knew Obamacare was a trojan horse intended to put the Rs exactly in the position they are in. "You can't take away my free stuff!" "We want more!" "We have a right to free health care!"

Today, in an insane turn of events, Obamacare which the Dems, 100% on their own enacted into law and totally botched has become the Dems biggest selling point- perhaps their only one outside of Trump hatred. Driven by fear mongering the left is convinced that they may lose a freebee.

justthefacts

Reaction score

Kevin McCarthy agrees with you:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jamiche

Reaction score
We currently have Obamacare which:

Accomplished nothing that was promised out loud. People were not able to keep their plans or doctors. It didn't bend down the cost curve. It didn't save families an average of $2500 per year as promised. It didn't insure everyone (not even close). Instead it blew up premiums and deductibles.

It did however, do everything that was intended. It hooked Americans on guaranteed insurability and another entitlement. The Dems and Obama quietly predicted that by 2018 the population would be screaming for single payer. Why? Because they knew Obamacare was a trojan horse intended to put the Rs exactly in the position they are in. "You can't take away my free stuff!" "We want more!" "We have a right to free health care!"

Today, in an insane turn of events, Obamacare which the Dems, 100% on their own enacted into law and totally botched has become the Dems biggest selling point- perhaps their only one outside of Trump hatred. Driven by fear mongering the left is convinced that they may lose a freebee.
So, Humble Beggar...were you forced off of your health plan to a plan with lesser coverage? Did you lose access to your doctors, including your psychiatrist? Do you know anyone who was forced onto a health plan with lesser coverage where they lost access to their physicians?

As we know, health care cost increases have gone down under the ACA.

Preexisting conditions are a freebee?

gopherjay

Reaction score
All I know is I am healthy, go for a physical every year, had a couple minor surgeries, broke my foot during my 60 years walking the planet. Self employed and now pay $984.00 a month for health coverage with a $3500.00 deductible. Have not made reached the deductible amount ever. We all knew the rates would skyrocket at some point due to Obamacare. There is a lot wrong with the entire system from the health providers to the insurance companies.

diehard

Reaction score
It was designed to fail to bring on single payer.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
I'm in favor of free market insurance, with a government funded risk pool for people that cant get insured.

But if i had to pick, I'll take single payer over Obama-scare. What a bureaucratic mess.

justthefacts

Reaction score
All I know is I am healthy, go for a physical every year, had a couple minor surgeries, broke my foot during my 60 years walking the planet. Self employed and now pay $984.00 a month for health coverage with a $3500.00 deductible. Have not made reached the deductible amount ever. We all knew the rates would skyrocket at some point due to Obamacare. There is a lot wrong with the entire system from the health providers to the insurance companies.
There is absolutely no evidence that overall rates have increased more after Obamacare than before.

In 2018 the average annual premium for employer-based family coverage rose 5 percent to $19,616; for single coverage, premiums rose 3 percent to $6,896. Covered workers contributed 18 percent of the cost for single coverage and 29 percent of the cost for family coverage, on average, with considerable variation across firms.

By comparison, annual premiums for 2017 reached $18,764, up 3 percent from 2015 for an average family coverage with workers on average paying $5,714 towards the cost of their coverage, according to the Kaiser Employer Survey, October 2018 and 2017, applying to employer-based insurance.
http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/health-insurance-premiums.aspx

Compare to:

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/pdf/10.1377/hlthaff.10.2.104

https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20160721.055898/full/

That being said:

https://www.kff.org/health-costs/issue-brief/tracking-2019-premium-changes-on-aca-exchanges/

Last edited:

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
What puzzles me, is this.
1. Not getting what he wants from Congress, the President has decided to use the courts. This used to be a Republican no no. He consistently bristles when the courts rule against him, citing the “Obama Judges” or maybe the Judge is too Mexican. There really isn’t a principle here except to win, and it is transparent.

2. In the zeal to remove an Obama success, he really has no idea to supplant it, just remove it. I’m sure it is more 3D chess.

howeda7

Reaction score
What puzzles me, is this.
1. Not getting what he wants from Congress, the President has decided to use the courts. This used to be a Republican no no. He consistently bristles when the courts rule against him, citing the “Obama Judges” or maybe the Judge is too Mexican. There really isn’t a principle here except to win, and it is transparent.

2. In the zeal to remove an Obama success, he really has no idea to supplant it, just remove it. I’m sure it is more 3D chess.
If the R's "win" this court case, it will be a complete cluster $%^. How they can possibly think this is a good idea politically is beyond me.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
If the R's "win" this court case, it will be a complete cluster $%^. How they can possibly think this is a good idea politically is beyond me.
Oh it would be a win because the goal is to undo the nig***r.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

howeda7

Reaction score
Oh it would be a win because the goal is to undo the nig***r.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sad but true. But they just got their @sses kicked in the mid-terms for trying and failing to blow it up. So the plan to rectify that is to double down and blow that $%^ up?

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
That's why McCarthy said what he said, and he's not alone. The Rs know this was much of the reason for their losses in 2018, and 2020 is coming.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Sad but true. But they just got their @sses kicked in the mid-terms for trying and failing to blow it up. So the plan to rectify that is to double down and blow that $%^ up?
Very few people have ever claimed republicans to be smart. And look at the ones who do.. beeg, dh, kgf?

cncmin

Reaction score
Very few people have ever claimed republicans to be smart. And look at the ones who do.. beeg, dh, kgf?
Don't put it past the foolish Democrats to find a way to somehow f*&# up whatever the R's give to them.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Watch this clip and ask yourself whether this guy has any idea what the discussion of coverage for pre-existing conditions is actually about. I very much look forward to a world in which I don't have to buy insurance until I get sick. That will work great, I'm sure.

jamiche

Reaction score
Watch this clip and ask yourself whether this guy has any idea what the discussion of coverage for pre-existing conditions is actually about. I very much look forward to a world in which I don't have to buy insurance until I get sick. That will work great, I'm sure.

63M people are buying his nonsense.

Section2

Reaction score
Government management of health care is the problem, not the solution. Trump might not understand that, but the Democrats proposals are many times worse.

Section2

Reaction score
KGF says this is only "exaggerating." The real outrage is what Joe Biden did or did not do 57 years ago.
is it a lie or an exaggeration that Obamcare would save a family of 4 $2k per year while not adding one penny to the deficit?

Deleted_User

Reaction score
Bottom line - Trump - or any other political candidate of EITHER party - can say whatever they want. It's up to the voters to decide whether to support them or not. if a politician - of either party - says things that are not true - and you vote for them - that is your fault.

Once upon a time, I would have said it was also the job of the media to check the honesty of statements, but the media has become as polarized as the electorate. Conservatives don't believe anything they read or hear from the "liberal" media, and liberals don't believe anything they read or hear from the "conservative" media. That results in a majority of the public not believing the media. Which allows politicians free reign to say anything they want.
I believe most of your stuff is true, most of the time. Only time will tell if you turn out to be a snowflake, whatever that means.

Deleted_User

Reaction score
I am going to do my fellow countrymen a huge favor. I am going to work until I am 70 and then I am going to fall over dead.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I am going to do my fellow countrymen a huge favor. I am going to work until I am 70 and then I am going to fall over dead.
Are you going to disavow all healthcare during the time you're alive?

People receiving six-figures worth of healthcare to treat their cancer, can still work.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how Trump is going to protect people with pre-existing conditions if the courts invalidate Obamacare and no one has even proposed a bill to replace it?

Heck, can anyone even tell me why this is a good idea politically?

Top Bottom