Peter King is the 20th House Republican to announce their retirement

howeda7

Reaction score
Matlock reruns get in the way of 24/7 Fox News. They show more skin on FNC, I'm sure that's what attracted #1 KGBFan there in the first place.
They certainly know their audience. Blonde female anchors. Trashing "others" and reminiscing about the good old days. Everything a 75 year old white guy could want.

cncmin

Reaction score
They certainly know their audience. Blonde female anchors. Trashing "others" and reminiscing about the good old days. Everything a 75 year old white guy could want.
Ailes was a dirtbag, but was a genius at marketing. There we'd see Bill O'Reilly, ranting and raving about scantily-clad women in the media, all the while showing scantily-clad women dancing around in the background footage. They knew exactly what they were doing. The Five is a direct result of such marketing.

In case you haven't noticed, CNN has recently started to have more female anchors and correspondents, each of whom is very well dolled up.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Ailes was a dirtbag, but was a genius at marketing.
Just like slum-lords are "geniuses". Taking advantage of people, if that makes you a genius, I guess. At best, I would rather word it as, "recognizing that no one else was doing something that could be done, not that it was a good thing to be done, but it could be done".

Section2

Reaction score
Somebody get Howie the fainting couch again! A TV channel thinks attractive people on TV draws viewers! Patriarchy!

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
On behalf of the very very attractive community, there is no reason to believe our incredible good lookingness prevents us from doing our jobs as well as the ugly.

cncmin

Reaction score
Just like slum-lords are "geniuses". Taking advantage of people, if that makes you a genius, I guess. At best, I would rather word it as, "recognizing that no one else was doing something that could be done, not that it was a good thing to be done, but it could be done".
I didn't say evil geniuses are good. Ailes was an awful, awful person. But, like Trump, he manipulated gullible people to gain money and power. Ailes had a ton of both, as does his boss, Australian Rupert Murdoch.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I didn't say evil geniuses are good. Ailes was an awful, awful person. But, like Trump, he manipulated gullible people to gain money and power. Ailes had a ton of both, as does his boss, Australian Rupert Murdoch.
Right, exactly. I was just clarifying that being a "genius" isn't necessarily a good thing, as you well elaborated.

Angry

Reaction score
Best time for Republicans to retire. The party could run a wet carrot and win now.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Put your money where your mouth is, Angry.

Talk is cheap. You won't do it though, guaranteed.

Section2

Reaction score
I guess we will see. The house has completely botched this impeachment proceeding. It would be hard to believe that they won't pay the price. Dems seem deflated and Rs are incensed. Turnout is obviously key. Other than the coasts, which Dems are really motivated?

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I guess we will see. The house has completely botched this impeachment proceeding. It would be hard to believe that they won't pay the price. Dems seem deflated and Rs are incensed. Turnout is obviously key. Other than the coasts, which Dems are really motivated?
Oh come on. How this impeachment has played out, there is no doubt that this will massively motivate voters in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin to come out in droves and vote for Bern/Biden/Warren next fall. This is JUST what they needed to get them to the polls

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Every person who’s pissed off about Trump being impeached, was already going to vote for Trump since long ago.

Getting the choir riled up is meaningless.

cncmin

Reaction score
Every Tom Dick and Harry suckered by Trump was already heading to vote for him. Assuming a legitimate election, then Trump's votes are stable. The key is can the Dems drive out their own voters and capture some independents? I hardly think that a year from now anyone who dislikes Trump or is on the fence about Trump will remember the impeachment proceedings enough to care. But, if the Repubs mess up these Senate hearings, they will produce a lot of ad fodder. They may have their backs against the wall to have to start coughing up some of these close witnesses, yet; or risk losing more seats in the House and the Senate too.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Every Tom Dick and Harry suckered by Trump was already heading to vote for him. Assuming a legitimate election, then Trump's votes are stable. The key is can the Dems drive out their own voters and capture some independents? I hardly think that a year from now anyone who dislikes Trump or is on the fence about Trump will remember the impeachment proceedings enough to care. But, if the Repubs mess up these Senate hearings, they will produce a lot of ad fodder. They may have their backs against the wall to have to start coughing up some of these close witnesses, yet; or risk losing more seats in the House and the Senate too.
Your delusion is interfering with your ability to understand the poor circumstances that the Democrats have created for themselves. Had they gone for censure, they might not have alienated some independents that believe this is a purely partisan action to damage the duly elected President for the next election.

Top Bottom