Penn State series

Ewert86PC

Metrodome Era Survivor
Reaction score
How about that Penn State series this weekend?

Pretty awesome, huh?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GopherJack

Reaction score
Just gotta hope that Motzko has a plan and his recruits will right this ship.

beavergopher

Reaction score
How about that Penn State series this weekend?

Pretty awesome, huh?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
MN is a tough job...
No facilities
Very limited local talent base
Tough recruiting sell
No tradition
Fan apathy
Kids want to play at warm weather school

bonin21

Reaction score
Remember this is basically an awful Lucia team from last year that lost its best forward and best defenseman.

The bright spots on the team are almost all freshmen who had no influence from old regime. Next year could be rough again, or it could be okay, but expect a much much better team in two seasons with a little over two Motzko classes on the roster.

stocker08

Reaction score
I have no idea about hockey recruiting. Are the Gophers still pretty much cherry picking the best players in the state/region? Is the switch to the Big Ten having some negative consequences? A lot of our natural rivalries are in the NCHC (and the WCHA to a lesser extent)....so are top players choosing SCSU and UMD over the Gophers?

Sparlimb

Reaction score
I have no idea about hockey recruiting. Are the Gophers still pretty much cherry picking the best players in the state/region? Is the switch to the Big Ten having some negative consequences? A lot of our natural rivalries are in the NCHC (and the WCHA to a lesser extent)....so are top players choosing SCSU and UMD over the Gophers?
No No and No. Recruiting has changed (most players do juniors for a couple years) and you have to identify them early. Motzko will do fine, he just needs time. Like a couple years. But we do have a lot of advantages here, so getting who he wants won't be the problem.

Top Bottom