Pence plans to attend Biden’s inauguration

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Mr. Biden said this week that he was happy not to have Mr. Trump there, but that Mr. Pence was “welcome” and that it would help with the transition. Mr. Trump had pressured Mr. Pence publicly and privately to overturn the certifications and throw them back to the states so that Mr. Trump could try to undo results in states that Mr. Biden won.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I doubt that things can be resolved this easily or cleanly, but my prayerful *hope* is that there's been a soft counter-coup and that Pence has taken some measure of control over the executive. Not that this is comparable, but I've heard rumors that, as Reagan was starting to mentally decline in the later years of his second term, Bush took on a more and more prominent role, which essentially constituted a soft coup of sorts. Not stating a position that that was right or wrong; just passing that along.

Wally

Reaction score
Pence better watch out the Trump mob wants him dead....

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
When your grandkids study this event in history class, I think Mike is going to come out looking pretty good. It turns out it was Pence who authorized the National Guard, not DJT.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
When it comes to having respect for the word of law and following proper protocol and procedure, Pence has always seemed very sane, to me.

I dearly wish, somehow, he had gotten to be president during Trump's term. I can only imagine how much better the country would've been.

Minnesota

Reaction score
When it comes to having respect for the word of law and following proper protocol and procedure, Pence has always seemed very sane, to me.

I dearly wish, somehow, he had gotten to be president during Trump's term. I can only imagine how much better the country would've been.
He would’ve been a more efficient vessel for implementing awful GOP policies. Hard pass.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
He would’ve been a more efficient vessel for implementing awful GOP policies. Hard pass.
I get what you're saying. Fair enough.

Just think our federal covid response would've been much more normal. Less people dead. Maybe wishful thinking.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
When your grandkids study this event in history class, I think Mike is going to come out looking pretty good. It turns out it was Pence who authorized the National Guard, not DJT.
Yup!

Smart move on his part, he's not going down with that ship of crazies and positions himself as a sane alternative to Republicans to run in 2024. I hold him culpable, but for some he'll be the man who saved the GOP.

Top Bottom