PEACE ALERT -FREEDOM IS HERE- ON THE DAY THAT BIDEN IS SWORN IN, MY DEMOCRACRY GAVE TO ME, A PRESIDENT WHO ISN'T MEAN & ANGRY!!!!

Wally

Reaction score
I bet Trump is calling all his closest aquaintences and talking their ear off now that he has had to go cold turkey off twitter.

I would have said friends but everyone knows he has none.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
I give Baron a pass there's still hope he'll turn into an environmental lawyer or something like that to piss old man.

Also, he was a hell of pilot and gave Snoopy all he could handle in their duels.

Fun Fact, I owned this record growing up -

1610609673884.png

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I bet Trump is calling all his closest aquaintences and talking their ear off now that he has had to go cold turkey off twitter.

I would have said friends but everyone knows he has none.
Problem is, he's going to be calling Senators and threatening them and their families if they vote to convict.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Georgia's Senators could be seated as soon as Monday. Then it's not Mitch's show anymore starting at 12:01 on Wednesday.
Why the delay? Why not Monday? I guess one day doesn't matter much.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Anyway, according to this: https://www.democrats.senate.gov/20...ro-forma-sessions-and-tuesday-january-19-2021

it looks like noon on Tuesday (Jan 19) is when they'll start their first real (non-pro forma) session, and when the GA senators could be sworn in.
Thanks.

Will be interesting to see how Mitch plays it - he detests Dump, they haven't spoken in a month and the talking heads said he could cajole/whip up the 17 votes if he really wanted to. I'd love to see him stick it to Dump and show him how to really play Game of Thrones.

Political chess - Mitch is despicable, but very smart.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Thanks.

Will be interesting to see how Mitch plays it - he detests Dump, they haven't spoken in a month and the talking heads said he could cajole/whip up the 17 votes if he really wanted to. I'd love to see him stick it to Dump and show him how to really play Game of Thrones.

Political chess - Mitch is despicable, but very smart.
I'm not sure how long a senate trial was going to take, but we're only talking about five days "lost" (today through Mon) by not starting it today, for example.

I guess I don't see the difference between getting things rolling on Jan 19 under Mitch's command, or Jan 20 under Schumer's command.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
I'm not sure how long a senate trial was going to take, but we're only talking about five days "lost" (today through Mon) by not starting it today, for example.

I guess I don't see the difference between getting things rolling on Jan 19 under Mitch's command, or Jan 20 under Schumer's command.
My guess is MItch will do anything possible that it doesn't start on his watch, so he can say, I didn't start it etc....People on TV are saying things will settle down between now and then, however I'm not buying it - as I'm sure there will be much more heinous stuff come out and I'd be surprised if something doesn't happen in DC or at a State Capital, which will just make it more indelible.

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
I give Baron a pass there's still hope he'll turn into an environmental lawyer or something like that to piss old man.

Also, he was a hell of pilot and gave Snoopy all he could handle in their duels.

Fun Fact, I owned this record growing up -

View attachment 11282

This and a Jiminy Cricket album were my first two.

howeda7

Reaction score
Why the delay? Why not Monday? I guess one day doesn't matter much.
What delay? The Dems don't have a tie-breaking vote until 12:01 on Wednesday. Unless you think Mike Pence would vote with them. Actually, I'm not sure when the Dems will actually have 50 +1 because Kamala's replacement would have to be sworn in too.

jovs

Reaction score
What delay? The Dems don't have a tie-breaking vote until 12:01 on Wednesday. Unless you think Mike Pence would vote with them. Actually, I'm not sure when the Dems will actually have 50 +1 because Kamala's replacement would have to be sworn in too.
It doesn't matter when it starts, it is for show from this point on, it takes 2/3 or 67 to remove from office and that is never going to happen

howeda7

Reaction score
It doesn't matter when it starts, it is for show from this point on, it takes 2/3 or 67 to remove from office and that is never going to happen
Unlikely, but possible if Mitch decides he wants it to happen.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Interesting article regarding radicalization -

Online misinformation that led to Capitol siege is 'radicalization,' say researchers | amNewYork (amny.com)

Online misinformation that led to violent unrest at the Capitol last week has gone beyond false claims and has reached the point of “radicalization,” researchers told a Reuters Next panel on Tuesday.

“This is not about false claims, or even conspiracies, but many of the people at the Capitol are now part of a completely alternate reality,” said Claire Wardle, co-founder of anti-disinformation non-profit First Draft.

She added that people must stop thinking about online conspiracies as existing separately from real-world harm: “They’re not just sitting at home in their pajamas clicking ‘yes I agree,’ they’re out there with … guns and pipe bombs.”

Top Bottom