Parler

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Germany regulates speech more than we do, and outlaws hate speech more than we do.

It seems to me, that they've had some history with the topic, and so are more expert on why placing such restrains on it might be good for society, despite the loss of freedom.

Section2

Reaction score
It didn't seem like that article refuted hate speech. Just said it was protected.
Hate speech is impossible to define. So is hate groups and hate crimes. Any speech, group, or crime could be considered “hate”. It’s a meaningless term, and is really just a political weapon.

Nax5

Reaction score
Hate speech is impossible to define. So is hate groups and hate crimes. Any speech, group, or crime could be considered “hate”. It’s a meaningless term, and is really just a political weapon.
I think thats up to marginalized people to decide. Hate speech is well-defined at this point. Countless books, research, college courses...I'm not sure why you'd wanna take that stance.

Section2

Reaction score
I think thats up to marginalized people to decide. Hate speech is well-defined at this point. Countless books, research, college courses...I'm not sure why you'd wanna take that stance.
Nah, it’s not up to “marginalized” people. We are all equal and all laws should be equal. Hate crime, hate speech, all create special rights and inequality. Yes, of course there have been books and college courses.

Nax5

Reaction score
Nah, it’s not up to “marginalized” people. We are all equal and all laws should be equal. Hate crime, hate speech, all create special rights and inequality. Yes, of course there have been books and college courses.
If we were all equal, there wouldn't be marginalized people...I think you're speaking from a position of privilege here.

Section2

Reaction score
If we were all equal, there wouldn't be marginalized people...I think you're speaking from a position of privilege here.
Equal under the law. I’m not sure why I bother. You are woke. That’s fine. We won’t see eye to eye.

Nax5

Reaction score
Equal under the law. I’m not sure why I bother. You are woke. That’s fine. We won’t see eye to eye.
We should be equal under the law. But as we have seen throughout history, that is not the case. Why do you feel like you know other's lives better than them? Why is "woke" a dirty word for you?

Gotta be honest, you're one of the easier guys to debate with on here, which I appreciate. But on this topic, I feel like you're just dying on a hill that you don't need to.

golf

Reaction score
Here is one of my favorite clips on this subject
Courtesy of Mr. Morgan Freeman. If Batman trusts him, so do I.

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
We should be equal under the law. But as we have seen throughout history, that is not the case. Why do you feel like you know other's lives better than them? Why is "woke" a dirty word for you?

Gotta be honest, you're one of the easier guys to debate with on here, which I appreciate. But on this topic, I feel like you're just dying on a hill that you don't need to.
Correct. The problems we have are when we stray from the principle of equality under the law (Jim crow, slavery). So why are you supporting more of it?
Because I understand what critical theory is and it’s purpose.

Nax5

Reaction score
Correct. The problems we have are when we stray from the principle of equality under the law (Jim crow, slavery). So why are you supporting more of it?
Because I understand what critical theory is and it’s purpose.
Then we support the same thing. Equality for all. I don't think we're there, though. Still too much prejudice. And I don't think pretending hate groups or hate speech don't exist helps anything.

Section2

Reaction score
Then we support the same thing. Equality for all. I don't think we're there, though. Still too much prejudice. And I don't think pretending hate groups or hate speech don't exist helps anything.
Equality under the law. Not “equality”. Big difference.
we will never reach equality of outcome. It is an impossible goal.
hate speech exists, jammers posts are filled with hate for example. He is prejudiced against Republicans. He’s a member of a hate group if you ask me. I don’t want any special laws regulating what he can say or who he can associate with. This is America!

Nax5

Reaction score
hate speech exists, jammers posts are filled with hate for example. He is prejudiced against Republicans. He’s a member of a hate group if you ask me. I don’t want any special laws regulating what he can say or who he can associate with. This is America!
I guess people could make lots of cases for hate speech. But I think that's a bit disingenuous. Do you think there would be any value lost if the KKK disappeared overnight? (It's even amazing to me that they're still around)

Section2

Reaction score
I guess people could make lots of cases for hate speech. But I think that's a bit disingenuous. Do you think there would be any value lost if the KKK disappeared overnight? (It's even amazing to me that they're still around)
Disingenuous how

WAGopher

Reaction score
There’s no such thing as hate speech.
Yes, there absolutely is hate speech. In our country it is not a crime and is protected by the Constitution.

But, I think you already know that.

Wally

Reaction score
It is much, much, MUCH worse than that.

Over 70 terabytes of info was downloaded and archived (about 99.9% of the data). It includes raw metadata. They had an easy backdoor to become a "moderator" to the site and download the entire history...which has been done. There is no erasing or scrubbing this.

Many Parler users submitted an image of the front and back of their drivers license to prove they were citizens. Also Social Security numbers. How do you think all those people got added to the "no-fly" list so quickly?

They also had all the geotagging enabled, so the FBI will know every Parler user that was at the capitol. As if the pics of Rep Laruen Boebert didn't do enough (she also tweeted out location info for Pelosi).

View attachment 11247
Beautiful, done in by their own app.
All terrorists go on the no fly list!!!
Except for ConAir if course.

Wally

Reaction score
I want to get closer to equality of opportunity. You get hung up thinking we want equal outcomes, no thats rediculous, I want everyone to have an opportunity to succeed.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Now I'm not saying Twitter and other social media platforms are filled with 100% stable citizens. But God damn. Why would you want to kill college professors? Or anyone really. But college professors specifically. Like why?
I learned a long time ago that you can’t apply logic to truly illogical situations, people, thoughts. You’ll kill yourself trying.

Top Bottom