Packing the Supreme Court

Packing the Supreme Court

• Worst idea ever, don't let it happen

• Great idea, let's do it

Results are only viewable after voting.

oak_street1981

Reaction score
Packing the court, one that been static since the 1860s is the most radical position I can recall a mainstream political party taking in my lifetime, other than the position on racial justice of the Democrats that ran the Senate back in the early to mid 60s took. (Al Gore's dad, Clinton's mentor Eastland,, Grand Kleagle Robert Byrd, ... and many more Democrat heroes of the Senate.

oak_street1981

Reaction score
Joe's "answer" that he gave during his townhall...

I did not watch this , but I think I saw the clip earlier, where we claimed he would announce a final decision after the ACB vote plays out next week.

If George Snuffaguffolas had any balls he would have followed up and noted right away that the Republicans were very united and a confirmation vote on the 22nd was 99 very likely, and pressed very hard for an real answer.

Of course that did not happen, since the MM is all about softballs to the Dems, but I but Biden will still waffle and deflect the question, even after Amy Coney Barrett is confirmed next week.

The sad thing is over half the voting public does not even understand what the term "court packing" even really means.

oak_street1981

Reaction score
Packing the court....like refusing to bring a president's pick to a vote....so that you can make that pick later.

Yeah....sounds about right.

Is your mind mush? Not even FDR went through with court packing. That Garland M issue and court packing are in no way related.

USAF

Reaction score
Is your mind mush? Not even FDR went through with court packing. That Garland M issue and court packing are in no way related.
Not related?

Are you daft? Or just dishonest?

It's EXACTLY "court packing," and I hope Biden and a Dem senate give it back to you cheaters in spades. Add 4 to SCOTUS and 4 to the Senate with DC and Puerto Rico.

Texas-Gopher

Reaction score
Not related?

Are you daft? Or just dishonest?

It's EXACTLY "court packing," and I hope Biden and a Dem senate give it back to you cheaters in spades. Add 4 to SCOTUS and 4 to the Senate with DC and Puerto Rico.
And it wouldn't bother you a bit if this were a republican strategy.

Wally

Reaction score
Packing the court, one that been static since the 1860s is the most radical position I can recall a mainstream political party taking in my lifetime, other than the position on racial justice of the Democrats that ran the Senate back in the early to mid 60s took. (Al Gore's dad, Clinton's mentor Eastland,, Grand Kleagle Robert Byrd, ... and many more Democrat heroes of the Senate.
Tell me what horrible things will happen if dems pack the court?

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
The size of SCOTUS has changed many times in American history.

The histrionics by the Forever Trumpers who demand modern norms be followed once the GOP loses the Senate and Trump loses to Biden is hilarious.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I did not watch this , but I think I saw the clip earlier, where we claimed he would announce a final decision after the ACB vote plays out next week.

If George Snuffaguffolas had any balls he would have followed up and noted right away that the Republicans were very united and a confirmation vote on the 22nd was 99 very likely, and pressed very hard for an real answer.

Of course that did not happen, since the MM is all about softballs to the Dems, but I but Biden will still waffle and deflect the question, even after Amy Coney Barrett is confirmed next week.

The sad thing is over half the voting public does not even understand what the term "court packing" even really means.
The Trump Campaign needs to hammer this point for the next two weeks.

Biden will pack the court.

stocker08

Reaction score
Sure. It was all about giving the voters a chance to have their voices heard according to the repubs four years ago. Clearly that was a major lie.

Will the dems expand the court? I don't know...but it would be entirely warranted. So ho ahead and whine about it....but you don't have a leg to stand on.

justthefacts

Reaction score

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Bingo! Someome with a clue.

The democrats will call it the 2021 Court Modernization Act. SCOTUS increases to 13. The appellate and circuit courts also need to expand. The backlog of cases at the Federal Courthouses is absurd. The time to render decisions is also too long. Justice is not swiftly served. More bodies are mandatory to process cases.

diehard

Reaction score

The democrats will call it the 2021 Court Modernization Act. SCOTUS increases to 13. The appellate and circuit courts also need to expand. The backlog of cases at the Federal Courthouses is absurd. The time to render decisions is also too long. Justice is not swiftly served. More bodies are mandatory to process cases.
We need less stupid cases. There need to be consequences for frivilous cases. Legal and civil penalties. Include the attorneys in the penalties.

diehard

Reaction score
Sure. It was all about giving the voters a chance to have their voices heard according to the repubs four years ago. Clearly that was a major lie.

Will the dems expand the court? I don't know...but it would be entirely warranted. So ho ahead and whine about it....but you don't have a leg to stand on.
Warranted has a definition. You should take time to learn it.

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score

13 sounds perfect.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Tell me what horrible things will happen if dems pack the court?
History has a strong track record of what happens when legislators take complete control of the courts. Go back to Stalin, Mao, and Hitler, they all came to power and controlled that power by taking over the courts. Recently you have Chavez in Venezuela and Erdogan in Turkey. What has happened and is happening in those countries is what happens, over and over, throughout history every time the power of the courts is placed in the legislators. Now would be a really great time for you to learn from the mistakes of history, as you are advocating that the U.S. repeat those same mistakes.

Wally

Reaction score
History has a strong track record of what happens when legislators take complete control of the courts. Go back to Stalin, Mao, and Hitler, they all came to power and controlled that power by taking over the courts. Recently you have Chavez in Venezuela and Erdogan in Turkey. What has happened and is happening in those countries is what happens, over and over, throughout history every time the power of the courts is placed in the legislators. Now would be a really great time for you to learn from the mistakes of history, as you are advocating that the U.S. repeat those same mistakes.
Yea Merrick Garland would end this country. You don't get its big business and the mega rich buying the court right now to get their things done. No one in power cares about things like abortion, its the smokescreen for more power.

Still just spewing bs with nothing about how it will destroy the country.

Lets get rid of all dark money in politics, most important thing for preservation of this country. Repubs against it, Dems for it. Why do you support a shadow hidden oligarchy, thats my question for you..

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Lefties can’t be trusted with power.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Lefties can’t be trusted with power.
Once you control the legislature and the courts, you can pass and enforce any laws you want. There is no Constitution, no legal precedence, and no chance to vote the politicians out of office to stop the dictatorship. The elites in power get incredibly rich, the rest of us are pawns in the game.

Every time in history, it's the same result. There is no left or right, there is no other political party. If you don't fall in line, you get crushed. In China today, if you complain you can't get a job, can't get on a plane, can't get an apartment. Your social score controls everything.

Once done, there is no unpacking of the courts. Again, history shows us this, over and over and over again.

Right now, we have the elites controlling the U.S. media and that's without them having control of the courts. Do you think they're going to change once they do get control? Of course not. They have the power, with that power comes money, and they aren't going to give that up. Do you think the politicians that can do whatever they want will stop? Right now you have Biden taking kickbacks from foreign governments in exchange for him giving billions of U.S. taxpayer money to them. Do you think that's going to stop when they control the courts? Of course not.

Once they get power, there is no chance to vote the ruling class out of office. Any "election" is meaningless, as it will be rigged to keep them in control (e.g., Putin in Russia).

Last edited:

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Top Bottom