Oturu rebound padding

brucekaupa

**** Commander
Reaction score
I want Oturu to be our all time leading rebounder as much as anyone, but man... has anyone else noticed the blatant rebound padding that is happening? I’m counting 1-2 undeserved rebounds per game that he’s getting credit for.

Tonight’s example: Fast break. Carr passes down the lane to Oturu for a layup that he makes. Daniel gets credited with his 12th rebound.

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
I want Oturu to be our all time leading rebounder as much as anyone, but man... has anyone else noticed the blatant rebound padding that is happening? I’m counting 1-2 undeserved rebounds per game that he’s getting credit for.

Tonight’s example: Fast break. Carr passes down the lane to Oturu for a layup that he makes. Daniel gets credited with his 12th rebound.
Weird flex, but ok...

manderson1984

Reaction score

Daniel is one the least selfish kids you'll find. This is ridiculous. Surprised I even opened this thread.

Keyser Söze

Reaction score

wut

MaroonShaft

Reaction score
OP is either lying or just plain dumb. I counted precisely 14 rebounds by Oturu tonight. No more, no less.

Stan

Reaction score
Brutal original post. Change your best.

alchemy2u

Reaction score

scorer could just be a little late in adding a Rebound from the other end. I seen many times where the scores change what seem like minutes after a basket.

brucekaupa

**** Commander
Reaction score
Dude must've just been late updating stats on board. Usually they are pretty quick. Apparently not always.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
stats are as good - or as bad - as the person keeping them. at the HS level, you see kids keeping stats who literally don't know the rules. Interestingly, more HS's in my area send in their game film to some service that breaks down the stats and provides them with a report.

I hope the stat people at the college level are more accurate. But there can still be differences of opinion on things like assists, or giving individual rebounds versus team rebounds.

tjgopher

Reaction score
stats are as good - or as bad - as the person keeping them. at the HS level, you see kids keeping stats who literally don't know the rules. Interestingly, more HS's in my area send in their game film to some service that breaks down the stats and provides them with a report.

I hope the stat people at the college level are more accurate. But there can still be differences of opinion on things like assists, or giving individual rebounds versus team rebounds.

I'm fairly sure the Gopher stat guys are the same guys who do the Timberwolves stats, so they are highly-trained..

cncmin

Reaction score
I know a bunch of guys named Bruce. Only a couple of them aren't nutty.

Top Bottom