Omersa Jarvis Omersa needs to transfer to football! He's getting less and less playing time and he's not demonstrating his usual enthusiasm.

hail minnesota

Reaction score
Omersa. Jarvis needs to transfer to football! He's getting less and less playing time and it's having an impact. He's not displaying his usual energy on the bench: probably because he sees the handwriting on the wall. He loves being a Gopher. With a redshirt year he could contribute on the field. He's a great athlete with a fantastic vertical. He seems fast and quick and seems to live contact. Wise receiver? linebacker? I hate to see such a great athlete wasting on the bench.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Wouldn't be the first basketball player who switched to TE and made a living.

Who knows

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Those were good basketball players, though.
Perhaps you're thinking Gates. He was a freak, and he played football in high school. He legitimately wanted to play ball for both Izzo and Saban at Mich St, Saban said no. Turned out to be HM AA at Kent St.

But I'm thinking Jimmy Graham. Never played football, until one year at UMiami.

No idea if Omersa ever played at Orono?

John Galt

Reaction score
It’s interesting to learn how easy the transition from D1 basketball to football would be. As long as you’re a good athlete, it will work out fine, right? Lots of guys do it, right?

GoldenRodents

Reaction score
Is there any enthusiasm left on that bench? I can't bear to look. :confused:

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Well this thread ought to be entertaining.

Pretty sure we are at a point where we don't need to take on a basketball player with no experience and try to turn him into a player.

MennoSota

Reaction score
With Faalele's football experience, he'd be the perfect coxswain on the rowing team! ?‍♂

John Galt

Reaction score
Jacob Clark has a big arm and I hear the shot putters on the track and field team aren’t very deep this year?

John Galt

Reaction score
Hail - what other nuggets do you have for us?

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
Well this thread ought to be entertaining.

Pretty sure we are at a point where we don't need to take on a basketball player with no experience and try to turn him into a player.
And, I believe, he would have to count as a football scholarship player if he made the roster.

fmlizard

Reaction score
I think his package of skills is intriguing. If I were Jarvis, I would give football a try. There is absolutely zero chance he will be a NBA player. There is some small chance he could be an excellent football player with a lot of work.
If I were PJF, I wouldn't spend a scholarship on him until I saw something significant that indicates he's committed to football and has some skill at it.

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
Way back in the day Nebraska I believe had a number of multiple sport athletes who would take a scholarship on one sport and walk on in football.

The NCAA put an end to that and I believe a scholarship in one sport counts against all sports they play in

Reaction score
He has zero chance of playing in the NBA. If he has any chance to catch passes from Tanner Morgan and actually get on the field he should do it. Assuming he wants to play a professional sport.

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
He has zero chance of playing in the NBA. If he has any chance to catch passes from Tanner Morgan and actually get on the field he should do it. Assuming he wants to play a professional sport.
His odds of playing basektball professionally in some way shape or form (NBA, G-Leauge, Europe) are a million times higher then the odds of him making money playing professional football.

From everything I can tell, he never played football, at least not at the high school level. So anyone giving this any thought of being an actual possibility are probably the same people that thought we were going to line Faalele up in the backfield as a running back in an actual game.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
And, I believe, he would have to count as a football scholarship player if he made the roster.
I think that is correct, if he played both sports. Trying to prevent "basketball" players being given basketball scholarships, but are really football players. That type of thing.

Top Bottom