***OFFICIAL OHIO STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

jblass

Reaction score
If you see a dead crow on the road on the way home from the game pick it up. Someone on another thread said they would eat crow if the Gophers won tonight.

Last edited:

stocker08

Reaction score
Uhhh what does that have to do with what I said?

Anthony is out indefinitely and they are 6-4. They were 6-3 and struggling to score even with Anthony(who shoots 36% from the floor).

So yeah, a 6-4 UNC team that plays in the ACC could definitely miss the tournament.

Man are you stupid
They lost to Michigan....got crushed by OSU....and lost @Virginia.

UNC was struggling to score and Anthony was averaging 19 PPG.

Lol. You are too stupid to post here.

howeda7

Reaction score
"Carr is one of the best guards in the country."

Um...OK Richard we'll give you a pass on that one tonight.

MennoSota

Reaction score
I will gladly take all abuse I deserve for saying this team would lose to Ohio by 20 or more. This was the best game this team has played all year. Marcus Carr was unconscious.
Huge props.
Go ahead and pummel me.

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
If you we a sea crow on the way home from the game pick it up. Someone on another thread said they would eat crow if the Gophers won tonight.
That was me! And I couldn't be more thrilled to be wrong. Looks like this team may live or die with Carr's shooting this season, but at least now we know he's got it in him.

howeda7

Reaction score
Not only is the win shocking, the fact that they never let it get closer than 9 in the second half. That truly shocked me. We never finish teams like this.

PhillyPHIRE73

Reaction score
Being at the BARN helped a lot. Maybe we can knock off a few more top teams at home this year. Gotta get a couple on the road vs the bottom of the conference.

MUgopher32

Reaction score
They lost to Michigan....got crushed by OSU....and lost @Virginia.

UNC was struggling to score and Anthony was averaging 19 PPG.

Lol. You are too stupid to post here.
Yes, they were struggling to score. Thats exactly what I said. What is wrong with you?

They are awful offensively when he isnt on the court and ok when he is.

Again, are you following the sport? This isnt just me saying this. You could just google all the information. Its easy shit.

Goldteam

Reaction score
Thought the Vikings would lose and OSU would destroy us. Dam I love sports. And Carr, holy schit!

That's one heck of a win.

howeda7

Reaction score
Being at the BARN helped a lot. Maybe we can knock off a few more top teams at home this year. Gotta get a couple on the road vs the bottom of the conference.
I hope at minimum we can replicate 2005-2006. Started 0-4 in B1G. Finished 6-10. Knocked off multiple top 25 teams at home and made the NIT.

BarnBall

Reaction score
Very nice win for this young Gopher team! Keep it going, congratulations to the team and coach Pitino! Go Gophers

Parcival

Reaction score
Yeah we stepped on Ohio's neck with some tough defense and getting after the boards. Great effort tonight.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Well, Wow! Spectacular game from Marcus Carr, of course, but it really was a team game. Gabe and Willis set the tone early by attacking the basket and crashing the boards instead of standing out on the perimeter. Alihan continues to improve and he does a lot of things that don't show up in the box score. Jarvis defended inside surprisingly well early considering how undersized he is. Williams played a lot and played hard. He needs to learn to pull up and shoot instead of always going to the bucket against this level of talent. Wasn't one of Daniel's best games but he was good enough and he didn't have to be the star tonight for a change.

No Michael Hurt tonight. Interesting.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Very happy for the team, staff and fans!!! What a win!

Go Gophers!!

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
I will gladly take all abuse I deserve for saying this team would lose to Ohio by 20 or more. This was the best game this team has played all year. Marcus Carr was unconscious.
Huge props.
Go ahead and pummel me.
I will have to join you. Never thought they would make a game of it.

howeda7

Reaction score
Well, Wow! Spectacular game from Marcus Carr, of course, but it really was a team game. Gabe and Willis set the tone early by attacking the basket and crashing the boards instead of standing out on the perimeter. Alihan continues to improve and he does a lot of things that don't show up in the box score. Jarvis defended inside surprisingly well early considering how undersized he is. Williams played a lot and played hard. He needs to learn to pull up and shoot instead of always going to the bucket against this level of talent. Wasn't one of Daniel's best games but he was good enough and he didn't have to be the star tonight for a change.

No Michael Hurt tonight. Interesting.
He was in briefly after Willis left.

Frink

Reaction score
Amazing performance by Carr. While I haven't been as down on him as some, I certainly didn't see this coming.

Five Toes

Reaction score
"Carr is one of the best guards in the country."
Um...OK Richard we'll give you a pass on that one tonight.
I don't know about Carr statement, but I know you and I like Pitino. The last two games he has changed his style on the sideline. Happy for the good win.

Ski U Mah Gopher

Member of the Tribe
Reaction score
Right now home teams are 13-0 in the B1G. If Northwestern can upset MSU on Wednesday, there will be a 14-way tie after 2 games.

howeda7

Reaction score
I don't know about Carr statement, but I know you like Pitino. The last two games he has changed his style on the sideline. Happy for the good win.
It was fine. A little Fleck-ian but that's OK. He certainly was on this day.

60's Guy

Reaction score
Richard Pitino Big Ten Coach of the Week!
Marcus Carr National Player of the Week!
Gopher basketball, you can’t make it up!
Go Gophers! Most wins in the conferences so far too!

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Holtmann is the anti-Harbaugh. He gives lots of props to the opposing team after a loss.

Top Bottom