Official Joe Biden Addresses Congress Thread

stocker08

Reaction score
Does anyone think that Hannity is any good? I watched the first three minutes and he called Biden frail and old twice. Also boring and dull. How is this guy even allowed on a so called news network?

goldengophers

Reaction score
Does anyone think that Hannity is any good? I watched the first three minutes and he called Biden frail and old twice. Also boring and dull. How is this guy even allowed on a so called news network?
Last watched him in the Hannity and Colmes days, it's been a minute.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
You’re right. I don’t make $400k. Sick burn dude.
My wife watched the first hour ( I couldn't give two shits really). She doesn't get too fired up about politics but she was a little cranked up about his comments about the high earners and high producers. Sooooo, anyone that has done exceedingly well for themselves is the anti-christ, needs to hand most of it back over to the takers I guess. Cool story. For sure, we all go into business, want to become business owners, so that we can barely break even. Makes perfect sense.

It's an interesting dynamic when your primary political platform and message is to hate those that have done well for themselves, and a universal desire to drag and pull them all down. Is this what we mean by call for unity?

USAF

Reaction score
My wife watched the first hour ( I couldn't give two shits really). She doesn't get too fired up about politics but she was a little cranked up about his comments about the high earners and high producers. Sooooo, anyone that has done exceedingly well for themselves is the anti-christ, needs to hand most of it back over to the takers I guess. Cool story. For sure, we all go into business, want to become business owners, so that we can barely break even. Makes perfect sense.

It's an interesting dynamic when your primary political platform and message is to hate those that have done well for themselves, and a universal desire to drag and pull them all down. Is this what we mean by call for unity?
Your wife is as stupid as you.

Biden didn't say any of that.

If you're as rich as you claim, pay your effing taxes and be thankful.

Spoofin

Reaction score

No one needs that much.
They won’t notice it anyway.

stocker08

Reaction score

Barely break even? Sounds like a you problem...not a Biden or taxation problem.

goldengophers

Reaction score

Does your wife understand the importance of a consumer base and the fact that political instability is strongly correlated with growing economic stratification? This isn't an emotional abortion debate, there are clear consequences long term no matter what side of the aisle you fall on. In this debate throw out opinions of the far left and the far right because the answer is with the moderates.

Last edited:

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
In this debate throw out opinions of the far left and the far right because the answer is with the moderates.
At least you got this right. You're right, moderates on both sides don't have a problem with people working hard, taking risks, and succeeding. The wife and I are both small business owners, so yes, i'd say we're familiar with some of these things. Let me know when you've sacrificed everything and risked everything to build a business and now hold the lives and economic livelihoods of 50+ people and their families in your hands.

goldengophers

Reaction score
At least you got this right. You're right, moderates on both sides don't have a problem with people working hard, taking risks, and succeeding. The wife and I are both small business owners, so yes, i'd say we're familiar with some of these things. Let me know when you've sacrificed everything and risked everything to build a business and now hold the lives and economic livelihoods of 50+ people and their families in your hands.
It's the large companies that have the lobbying power, you have zero arguement from me on the importance of small to medium side businesses, it's about giving unfair advantages to those who can afford to throw their weight around. Binary thinking is winning the day in all facets of modern American life and it's going to drive us into the ground. Big Tech and big media are exacerbating this issue, leading a wide swath of the population to believe they are spectators of a two team sport.

Last edited:

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
It's the large companies that have the lobbying power, you have zero arguement from me on the importance of small to medium side businesses, it's about giving unfair advantages to those who can afford to throw their weight around. Binary thinking is winning the day in all facets of modern American life and it's going to drive us into the ground. Big Tech and big media are exacerbating this issue, leading a wide swath of the population to believe they are spectators of a two team sport.
The problem is, it's all a charade. When Biden and the Dems say they are aiming at the big corporations, all they do is hit the small businesses. It's all a facade. Dems hate small business, they are bought and paid for by the corporations, and all these things that are for show, and that the more mindless and ignorant Dems cheer for, only serve to crush the small businesses.

But he gives a great sound bite like I guess he did again last night. Woo Hoo, let's raise those taxes on those big evil CEO's and corp executives that won't feel a thing

goldengophers

Reaction score
The problem is, it's all a charade. When Biden and the Dems say they are aiming at the big corporations, all they do is hit the small businesses. It's all a facade. Dems hate small business, they are bought and paid for by the corporations, and all these things that are for show, and that the more mindless and ignorant Dems cheer for, only serve to crush the small businesses.

But he gives a great sound bite like I guess he did again last night. Woo Hoo, let's raise those taxes on those big evil CEO's and corp executives that won't feel a thing
There's comfort in binary thinking.

Reaction score
The speech was a dud. Nobody cares what sleepy joe says... He's a pandering fool who's never accomplished anything other than creating racial divide. But Trump though, right?!

stocker08

Reaction score

Trump gave massive tax cuts to the corporations who ended up compensating their directors and commencing in record amounts of buybacks. Biden is trying to overturn those cuts because not only did the massive corps not invest in growth and the employees like righties claimed they would....but the cuts also ended up adding 2 trillion to the deficit...which the righties falsely claimed wouldn't happen as the cuts would "pay for themselves".

Yet we keep hearing this false narrative that corporations are in the bag for democrats. Can't make up this irrational talking point from the righties. Fortunately the only ones who buy this crap are the ones already too far gone and are dying off.

Reaction score
Trump gave massive tax cuts to the corporations who ended up compensating their directors and commencing in record amounts of buybacks. Biden is trying to overturn those cuts because not only did the massive corps not invest in growth and the employees like righties claimed they would....but the cuts also ended up adding 2 trillion to the deficit...which the righties falsely claimed wouldn't happen as the cuts would "pay for themselves".

Yet we keep hearing this false narrative that corporations are in the bag for democrats. Can't make up this irrational talking point from the righties. Fortunately the only ones who buy this crap are the ones already too far gone and are dying off.
Didn't WallStreet donate something like $74 million to joe's campaign? Nice try though.

MennoSota

Reaction score

Ogee, you're right on the money here. We saw how small businesses were wiped out in 2020 while big business thrived. The people who will be targeted are small businesses.

Boomtime

Reaction score

Dying off or headed to prison. Those "patriots" that stormed the Capitol are the GOP base.

MennoSota

Reaction score
The speech was a dud. Nobody cares what sleepy joe says... He's a pandering fool who's never accomplished anything other than creating racial divide. But Trump though, right?!
Joe sounded worse than Ronald Reagan in his last demented years of office. It's just sad to listen to him and see how he's being used and manipulated.

goldengophers

Reaction score
Ogee, you're right on the money here. We saw how small businesses were wiped out in 2020 while big business thrived. The people who will be targeted are small businesses.
So the Republicans are to blame?

MennoSota

Reaction score
So the Republicans are to blame?
Jump the shark much?

My opinion: Neither elite party gives two shits about small businesses. Fortune 500 companies are always pandered to by the political elite. That's where politicians get their money for campaigns and kick backs.

goldengophers

Reaction score
Jump the shark much?

My opinion: Neither elite party gives two shits about small businesses. Fortune 500 companies are always pandered to by the political elite. That's where politicians get their money for campaigns and kick backs.
I can go for that, I'm not sure Ogee agrees. It's all couched in blame for the Dems while believing some Grover Norquist bs.

Last edited:

stocker08

Reaction score
Didn't WallStreet donate something like $74 million to joe's campaign? Nice try though.

The dotards keep trotting out false narratives. Large corporations were pouring money towards Trump....who cut their taxes greatly.

Trump raised 5 times as much money from America’s top CEOs as Biden​

stocker08

Reaction score
Joe sounded worse than Ronald Reagan in his last demented years of office. It's just sad to listen to him and see how he's being used and manipulated.

Weird bar to set. Biden sounded better and more on topic than Trump ever did. Way better than the dud trotted out by Tim Scott in response.

Top Bottom