Official Brad Davison is a Tool Thread

GopherCountry

Reaction score
I don't want to pile on Davison (though I dislike him and argued last year that he knew exactly what he was doing on the Nate Mason play), but wasn't that Technical on him extremely weak? You can't slap the floor if you think you got fouled? Unless he said something that the cameras didn't pick up or it the culmination of a lot of complaining from him, that seemed to be ridiculous. On the flip side, I don't know how you could call a double foul on him and Gabe on Gabes pull up jumper in the late. Davison was not set or attempting to take a charge and Gabe went up with his normal shooting motion where his arm contacted Davison's face. That's a clear foul on the defense all day every day. The fact that the ref who was under the basket was so demonstratively calling a charge really encapsulates some of the worst of college basketball officiating...especially when it's the home team play drawing the alleged offensive foul.

Totally agree. I have been saying for years now that the big ten (and all of ncaa) need to be more consistent in officiating. It’s hard enough to win on the road in big ten. I think the way the big ten currently officiates games hurt them come March. There are more upsets and great games since games are officiated fairly.

StCroix

Reaction score
I don't want to pile on Davison (though I dislike him and argued last year that he knew exactly what he was doing on the Nate Mason play), but wasn't that Technical on him extremely weak?
I think it was, but I also think the refs, as others have mentioned, are on to his antics and aren’t going to put up with it. You have to believe a number of coaches have said something about the crap he pulls.

He’s a tool for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GopherRock

GopherHole Straw Boss
Reaction score
I don't want to pile on Davison (though I dislike him and argued last year that he knew exactly what he was doing on the Nate Mason play), but wasn't that Technical on him extremely weak? You can't slap the floor if you think you got fouled? Unless he said something that the cameras didn't pick up or it the culmination of a lot of complaining from him, that seemed to be ridiculous. On the flip side, I don't know how you could call a double foul on him and Gabe on Gabes pull up jumper in the late. Davison was not set or attempting to take a charge and Gabe went up with his normal shooting motion where his arm contacted Davison's face. That's a clear foul on the defense all day every day. The fact that the ref who was under the basket was so demonstratively calling a charge really encapsulates some of the worst of college basketball officiating...especially when it's the home team play drawing the alleged offensive foul.
The technical was like bending a wire. Bend it a little bit a lot of times and the wire is going to break sooner or later.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Horrific call on Gabe. The demonstrative ref should be fired. Obvious bias.

Reaction score
To me it says a lot about the current talent level of Wisconsin that Davison is starting. In other words: they don't have much. Coffey looked at the two MN kids on UW roster and just licked his chops. Child's play.
I thought Reuvers played pretty well actually. He carried them for a stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Yeah, he was second leading scorer. He'll help soften blow when Happ leaves
Will he though? Second fiddle, at best. Everything runs through Happ. Teams aren’t going to double and triple team Reuvers.

He did connect on a couple prayers in a row that got them close. Struggled outside. When Happ is gone he won’t get all the open 3s

salzie

Reaction score
Will he though? Second fiddle, at best. Everything runs through Happ. Teams aren’t going to double and triple team Reuvers.

He did connect on a couple prayers in a row that got them close. Struggled outside. When Happ is gone he won’t get all the open 3s
True, I think he'll get better and be good player for Wisconsin.

I wonder if Bigeddy still takes Davison over any gopher and thinks davison will bring home multiple B1G titles to Sconi

Breakin' The Plane

Reaction score
There's a big difference between playing hard and playing dirty. People defending him (those numbers are dwindling) don't seem to get that. The conference needs to nip this in the bud before something bad happens. A cheap shot on the wrong night with the wrong guy could quite easily turn into a MN/OSU or Xavier/Cincy situation. Nobody needs that. That's bad for the Big 10, bad for the NCAA and bad for basketball.

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score

I wonder if Bigeddy still takes Davison over any gopher and thinks davison will bring home multiple B1G titles to Sconi
I agree. I’d take him for our squad. I like his game but we him as a complimentary guy more than I do the focal point of an offense in a good team. He’d be great paired with Murphy or Oturu

Some guy

Reaction score
I think it was, but I also think the refs, as others have mentioned, are on to his antics and aren’t going to put up with it. You have to believe a number of coaches have said something about the crap he pulls.

He’s a tool for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He had also just talked to the ref about two possessions before on the other end. Not sure what he said, but it may have been something that causes floor slap to be a tipping point.

Without knowing what he had said to officials earlier, it is impossible to know if it is a good call or not

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Apparently Brad thought that wasn’t good enough. After Dupree’s first steal to ice it, Brad flops over him after the play, then sticks his legs out to try and trip Pree as he gets back on defense
This play sealed the "He's a Tool" deal. The ball is already in the basket when the Tool decided to hack Dupree from the back, then rolls into Depree's ankles trying to trip him, and when that doesn't work the Tool takes a face flop.

The technical on the Tool was a great call. If a guy is a hack, as a ref you cut it out early in the game versus having to make a game deciding call later on. The Tool already had done enough, the refs tried putting a stop to it.

Pete smith

Reaction score
There's a big difference between playing hard and playing dirty. People defending him (those numbers are dwindling) don't seem to get that. The conference needs to nip this in the bud before something bad happens. A cheap shot on the wrong night with the wrong guy could quite easily turn into a MN/OSU or Xavier/Cincy situation. Nobody needs that. That's bad for the Big 10, bad for the NCAA and bad for basketball.[/Q

Hard to believe that anyone on this forum would want the tool on this team. He would be a cancer. Can’t wait till Feb 6.

BballJones

Reaction score

I think Reuvers will be good as well. He can hit the 3, but struggled a bit with that last night.

Quite shocking that we haven't seen cousineddy on here today defending the flopper.

salzie

Reaction score
I think Reuvers will be good as well. He can hit the 3, but struggled a bit with that last night.

Quite shocking that we haven't seen cousineddy on here today defending the flopper.
He assured me last year Wisconsin wouldn't miss a beat losing Koening because Pritzl was going to be an even better shooter........

BarnBall

Reaction score
Reuvers did a great acting job. The big flopper!

Happy he is in Wisconsin, shunned the Gophers. Good feeling when we can beat them at home!

Go Gophers!

GopherRock

GopherHole Straw Boss
Reaction score
Anyone got video of the last incident with him?

GoodasGold

Reaction score

He's busy hiding his women until the Gophers leave Madtown.

Block M

Reaction score
The Tool pulled his $hit against Western Kentucky last year at the Kohl Center, leading to a stolen win. This year: WKU got its revenge. The Tool pulled his $hit against Nate Mason last year at the Kohl Center, leading to a stolen win. This year Gophers got their revenge.

The kid does everything except actually play the game.

ltf

Reaction score
Wonder if gophs made it a point of emphasis to take Davison out of the game. He seems to be their emotional leader. He never really seemed to have a good look at the basket all game.

XMan

Reaction score
Up until his uncontested layup as the clock was running down Davison had one assist and two points. Glad he is not a gopher. He wouldn’t start here. In fact, other than the center spot the gophers have a better player at every position than the badgers

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Up until his uncontested layup as the clock was running down Davison had one assist and two points. Glad he is not a gopher. He wouldn’t start here. In fact, other than the center spot the gophers have a better player at every position than the badgers
He’s extremely inconsistent, that’s for sure.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
This is my favorite thread. Glad I started it.

Reaction score

I didn't come on here and gloat for 14 of the previous 15 games we beat you. So I don't feel I should need to come and defend a really bad game by us. As bad as we played, I am shocked you didn't beat us by 20. I could also say as well as you guys played too. So, long season..I think me and my man Brad Davison will show up in March. lol

Block M

Reaction score
I didn't come on here and gloat for 14 of the previous 15 games we beat you. So I don't feel I should need to come and defend a really bad game by us. As bad as we played, I am shocked you didn't beat us by 20. I could also say as well as you guys played too. So, long season..I think me and my man Brad Davison will show up in March. lol
Davison sucks. Sorry you don't have a better-favorite player to follow lol.

Badgers should be fine though.

XMan

Reaction score
I’m glad you didn’t come to gloat because that isn’t true.

Top Bottom