Official Brad Davison is a Tool Thread

stocker08

Reaction score
I think he has a bit of a reputation which is why he was called for a T last year when he slapped floor because he wanted a foul call and his flagrant the other night
The flagrant should have nothing to do with his reputation. Even if it weren't for the pretty clear nut shot....he grabbed the Iowa players leg and yanked.

Ope3

Reaction score
If they can stop a game for five minutes to watch 27 replays in order to decide whether to put .1 of a second back on the clock, they can replay Davidson, charge him with a flagrant foul and/or eject him from the game.
That's exactly what they did on Monday night, opting for the flagrant foul when he went Chris Paul on the Hawkeye.

sal

Reaction score
Maybe Davison regularly punches King in the balls at practice and then recites Bible verses when he gets mad at him for it? That would get old after a while.
“If he was on the other team you’d hate him, if he’s on your team you hate just a little less”

Stan

Reaction score
Suspended. I can't wait to boo him next week.

smileoutthere

Reaction score
I really wish we could stop with the race angle on this one
I wish we could stop the race angle on this one too. I wish we could stop the race angle on a lot of stories in this world. Unfortunately, racism is the reality. When I compare the play and punishment of Griffin from Illinois and the play and punishment of Davison (along with the history of Davison) I don't think it's fair. I think they should at a minimum be equal punishments. I know Davison's act was during an actual basketball play and Griffin's was either on a dead ball or they were far away from the action. But ask a player if they'd rather get stepped on the chest or punched in the privates. I contend the punishment would be different if Davison were not white. (I am white for the record).

Ope3

Reaction score
I wish we could stop the race angle on this one too. I wish we could stop the race angle on a lot of stories in this world. Unfortunately, racism is the reality. When I compare the play and punishment of Griffin from Illinois and the play and punishment of Davison (along with the history of Davison) I don't think it's fair. I think they should at a minimum be equal punishments. I know Davison's act was during an actual basketball play and Griffin's was either on a dead ball or they were far away from the action. But ask a player if they'd rather get stepped on the chest or punched in the privates. I contend the punishment would be different if Davison were not white. (I am white for the record).
To be fair Chris Paul received a similar 1-game suspension by the ACC for a groin punch. Also Griffin was ejected right away because it was so blatant. Davison required a video monitor review.

I think the the Big 10 got both suspensions right, IMO.

Top Bottom