Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

MplsGopher_fan

Reaction score
I think at certain positions....especially on the offensive side of the ball....early playing time would be a very difficult sell. Defensive line however....always seems like one of those positions that we could use help at. Especially if a kid comes in physically prepared.
Definitely a good point on the offensive side. You tend not to rest your starting QB and Oline much. It's far easier to get some early legit rotational time on defense.

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Looks like some crystal balls rolling in for RB Zach Evans. Should see a bunch of commits in the next month if the pattern of Fleck’s recruiting continues as usual.
Looking forward to the commits!

btowngopher

Reaction score
Not counting my chickens before they hatch, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the quality of rb recruits Fleck has been bringing in. Brew struggled with that and Kill found some good ones, but they were more under the radar types.

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score

Not the fastest, but sure looks a lot like Mo.
Evans is listed on 247 as 5’9” 200lbs. When Mo committed to Minnesota, he was listed in 247 at 5’9” as well, but tipped the scales at only 178lbs. After a year in the weight room, Mo’s roster weight as a redshirt freshman was 205lbs. Evans is already there. If only he has Mo’s vision.

Last edited:

Jordekorn

Reaction score
Evans is listed on 247 as 5’9” 200lbs. When Mo committed to Minnesota, he was listed in 247 at 5’9” as well, but tipped the scales at only 178lbs. After a year in the weight room, Mo’s roster weight as a redshirt freshman was 205lbs. Evans is already there. If only he has Mo’s vision.
Did you not watch the highlights? His main strength is his vision. Then again, aren't you the guy that loves our back that runs straight into the line and seems to actively run away from openings?

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know how he sees stuff but half of Mo's sucess seems to be some uncanny vision. Other guys might get to that hole just as fast but Mo seems to just know where to go and is super decisive about it.
Mo himself is worth the price of admission. It is really a joy to watch him run.

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
Mo himself is worth the price of admission. It is really a joy to watch him run.
On TV or at the stadium I get the advantage of watching it from from afar where I can see much of the field.

Still Mo makes decisions better / faster than I could...

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score
Did you not watch the highlights? His main strength is his vision. Then again, aren't you the guy that loves our back that runs straight into the line and seems to actively run away from openings?
I watched his highlights, which are great, but didn’t see as much as you apparently did of Mo’s uncommon ability to squeeze through a tiny, momentarily open crack in a seemingly jammed up line. Plus, I naively believe that HS isn’t the Big Ten. But, I am blind in one eye, so maybe why that’s you see things so much more clearly than me. As to your second comment, try to have a nice day. I am sorry you are so unhappy.

btowngopher

Reaction score
Looks like Evans may have suffered a season ending knee injury at some point this past year, maybe caused some teams to back off recruiting, looks like he had a Texas and Notre Dame offer at some point.

MGGopher

Reaction score
He has an impressive offer list. Already has the size and length at 6'6 265. Hopefully, the Gopher's can lock him down.
Yeah, dang that's an impressive list. Surprised he's not rated higher, but he's clearly got the attention of a ton of coaches. For those who didn't click, PSU, Wisconsin, Michigan, MSU, Ole Miss, Iowa, and many others have offered.

WAGopher

Reaction score
Aidan Gousby, 6-2 WR l, Lehigh Acres, FL.
Purdue must have made quite an impression because they officially offered today and made his Top 5 announcement.

SixBySix

Reaction score
Aidan Gousby, 6-2 WR l, Lehigh Acres, FL.
Purdue must have made quite an impression because they officially offered today and made his Top 5 announcement.

The dates of offers on 247 are not that reliable (since they are reported, or not, by recruits themselves). They likely added it today after seeing the video.

WAGopher

Reaction score
The dates of offers on 247 are not that reliable (since they are reported, or not, by recruits themselves). They likely added it today after seeing the video.
Point taken. If he wants into the B1G, I like our chances.

bfriedrichs10

Reaction score
You think PJ would be able to pull in mid 90s high 4⭐️ WR at this point after Johnson and Bateman
Looking at 247, there are 10 WRs left in America in the 2022 class that are .94 or better that haven't committed (as far as I can tell). We offered 5 of them but seemingly aren't in the running for any of them. Unfortunately other colleges put WRs in the pros too.

Maybe Fleck sees in Gousby what he saw in Bateman 🤔

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
You think PJ would be able to pull in mid 90s high 4⭐️ WR at this point after Johnson and Bateman
He did already...through the transfer portal. The caliber of WR considering us under Fleck is off the charts compared to what we were able to get under previous coaches.

Top Bottom