***OFFICIAL 2020 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION DAY THREAD!!!***

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
Gotta say, that was a good production also. I get a touch carried away with Harris, but damn that's a .long way to rise as the child of an immigrant. Really blows me away. Her Mom must have been very strong.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
THIS is what it means today. Van is far more liberal than me, but he is spot on. This is his extremely emotional reaction as CNN called it.

I saw that earlier today and it was moving.

However, I think something needs to be said that I don't think he mentioned. He mentioned how Trump's election encouraged the deplorables to act out in public. I agree with that because that made them think that there were more people than they realized who shared their views. Well, they found out very quickly when they were thrown off airplanes, tossed out of grocery and department stores, and You Tubed and disgraced (and sometimes fired) that the majority of Americans wanted nothing to do with their crap. Americans from the beginning pushed back against Trump and his army of deplorables.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Pretty good speech by Harris. Joe running out, probably by design. Good idea.
Yes, Harris was radiant tonight. The first time I saw her she was involved in a casual interview with a reporter and she was very good and charming. At that time I thought that she had star quality and might have what it takes to be elected president. Then when I watched her needlessly tough and ineffective posturing during the Kavanaugh hearings, I thought she was very overrated. I wasn't all that impressed with her during the primary debates either. I thought she was quite good in the vice-presidential debate, but tonight she showed the same qualities she exhibited when I first saw her.

FormerFatOL

Reaction score

However, I think something needs to be said that I don't think he mentioned. He mentioned how Trump's election encouraged the deplorables to act out in public. I agree with that because that made them think that there were more people than they realized who shared their views. Well, they found out very quickly when they were thrown off airplanes, tossed out of grocery and department stores, and You Tubed and disgraced (and sometimes fired) that the majority of Americans wanted nothing to do with their crap. Americans from the beginning pushed back against Trump and his army of deplorables.
This comment right here is why there will not be "unity" nor the end to the "grim era of demonization in America" as Joe "Corn Pop" Biden talked about in his speech. It will only get worse until this shit stops.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Funny thread. Those commenting could have listened to a speech about eating children tonight and would have gone with “moved, incredible, amazing”. Truly a no lose situation for B\H. So predictable.

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
Biden did mention Trump once in the speech tonight, it was, “All those of you who voted for President Trump....." which I thought was smart. Just stay away from anything derogatory. (Side note, SPY had the biggest weekly candle since April.)

USAF

Reaction score
Funny thread. Those commenting could have listened to a speech about eating children tonight and would have gone with “moved, incredible, amazing”. Truly a no lose situation for B\H. So predictable.
LOL.

The fraud checks in to get in his shots.

Not at the actual speech, but at the people who liked it.

Fraud.

A real Richard, as well.

scools12

Reaction score

70 million people voted for Trump. Republicans made substantial gains in the House and are still favored to control the Senate. There was no Blue Wave. The only thing America pushed back against was allowing the Democrats to move the country further to the left.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
This would be IF he gets to 51. He's at 50.6 last I checked. Reagan beat Carter with 50.7.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
This comment right here is why there will not be "unity" nor the end to the "grim era of demonization in America" as Joe "Corn Pop" Biden talked about in his speech. It will only get worse until this shit stops.
Look, if you're not a deplorable, that comment doesn't apply to you. If you are a deplorable I don't give a rat's ass if you're feelings are hurt.

I didn't say that Trump supporters in general were deplorables, but the deplorables were attracted to Trump. After his election, the deplorables thought that there were a lot more of them than there were and they found out quickly that they were mistaken.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
70 million people voted for Trump. Republicans made substantial gains in the House and are still favored to control the Senate. There was no Blue Wave. The only thing America pushed back against was allowing the Democrats to move the country further to the left.
I wasn't talking about Republicans. I was talking about a subset of Trump supporters. If you identify with that subset, well, that's your problem.

John Galt

Reaction score
Biden did mention Trump once in the speech tonight, it was, “All those of you who voted for President Trump....." which I thought was smart. Just stay away from anything derogatory. (Side note, SPY had the biggest weekly candle since April.)
SPY spiked due to divided government.

scools12

Reaction score
Look, if you're not a deplorable, that comment doesn't apply to you. If you are a deplorable I don't give a rat's ass if you're feelings are hurt.

I didn't say that Trump supporters in general were deplorables, but the deplorables were attracted to Trump. After his election, the deplorables thought that there were a lot more of them than there were and they found out quickly that they were mistaken.
Make that list. The list of those you decide are the “deplorable”. Those you decide should be sent to re-education camps or need to be eradicated from society.

You people are literally out of your minds.

FormerFatOL

Reaction score

You don't understand. Pricks like you are what causes divisiveness. By labeling anyone who disagrees with you as "deplorable", you give them a binary choice. 1) Cave in and be accepted, or 2) say fuck you and fight back. Most Americans decide to fight back. So here we are.

GopherJake

Reaction score
You don't understand. Pricks like you are what causes divisiveness. By labeling anyone who disagrees with you as "deplorable", you give them a binary choice. 1) Cave in and be accepted, or 2) say fuck you and fight back. Most Americans decide to fight back. So here we are.
I agree. And I do not agree with cjb’s assessment of who Biden’s comments applied to. I believe it referred to folks on both sides.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Sort of buried in this piece is a passage about how Trump might have more rallies...which I'd been thinking of suggesting as a joke. If he does, that would be a whole new level of pathetic.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Is the inside of your head made of lead? I wasn't labeling anyone who disagreed with me as deplorable. I was talking about the people who openly hassled minorities, people who looked like immigrants, and anyone else who they thought was different from them. I was talking about the people who showed up at Wal Mart with swatiskas on their masks. I was talking about people like the couple who left a message on their check for their waitress saying "We don't tip niggers." Before Trump, these people were much more likely to keep those impulses under wraps.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
I agree. And I do not agree with cjb’s assessment of who Biden’s comments applied to. I believe it referred to folks on both sides.
I wasn't talking about Biden's comments. I was talking about Van Jones' emotional monologue on CNN and what he failed to mention: Americans openly pushed back from the beginning against the ugliest of Trump's supporters.

MplsGopher

Reaction score

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
Kamala/Abrams, 2024.

If GOP is smart, and want to actually have a chance to win, they'll have to run black Americans at the top of their ticket. So we're going to need to match them.
Wonder if they will send her to Georgia a couple of times and do some, "This is how you pronounce my name Mr. Perdue"? Abrams delivers in Georgia, Democrats will owe her big.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Sort of buried in this piece is a passage about how Trump might have more rallies...which I'd been thinking of suggesting as a joke. If he does, that would be a whole new level of pathetic.
Are you kidding? He'll definitely keep having rallies. His narcissism demands constant affirmation and validation, not to mention they will monetize the rallies. I can't figure out whether they'll just charge admission or if they'll stick to selling merch, but taking the cult followers' money is definitely the next move.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Wonder if they will send her to Georgia a couple of times and do some, "This is how you pronounce my name Mr. Perdue"? Abrams delivers in Georgia, Democrats will owe her big.
Or like when she told Pence "I'm speaking (you bigot)".

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Are you kidding? He'll definitely keep having rallies. His narcissism demands constant affirmation and validation, not to mention they will monetize the rallies. I can't figure out whether they'll just charge admission or if they'll stick to selling merch, but taking the cult followers' money is definitely the next move.
"Help Trump fight the election steal! Donate to our legal fund now!"

Go4Broke

Reaction score
There are lots of votes still out in California and NY so he could get there
And it looks like Biden could also get to 5 million more votes than Trump when all the votes are counted.

Top Bottom