***OFFICIAL 2020 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE #1 IN-DEBATE THREAD!!!***

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
Biden needs to hire a 5th grader to help him with his math. He says "1 in 1000 blacks got Covid, and if Trump doesn't do something about it quickly, it will be 1 in 500 by the end of the year."

So that prognosis would be 2X worse in about 3 months, which would mean 410,000 dead by then, an extra 205,000. That's 68,333 per month, or 2,277 per day. When we're getting about 600-900 deaths per day right now. Off by a factor of 3.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Not a good debate for Trump. Biden was bad too, but better than expectations. Impossible situation for Wallace, but he is a disaster, he keeps arguing with Trump on actual points, and not following up with Biden. Disaster all around for everyone.
You should hit Trump harder in your post, but the rest is absolutely correct.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Biden did enough and Trump showed him to be a petulant brat - if he just acted like a normal person he would probably win.

Biden most effective ploy IMO was when he said that's its not about my family or your family, it's about American's families.

Edit - Great Close by Joe.

Trump is a raving lunatic.

Last edited:

howeda7

Reaction score
That's the first like I've ever made on Gopherhole. I anticipate it will be the last.
Too bad there aren't more R's like Pat in MN and in America. They'll nominate My PIllow Guy for Governor though.

Wally

Reaction score
Trump says he is counting on Supreme Court, lol...

stocker08

Reaction score
Not a good debate for Trump. Biden was bad too, but better than expectations. Impossible situation for Wallace, but he is a disaster, he keeps arguing with Trump on actual points, and not following up with Biden. Disaster all around for everyone.
We already knew that you were an idiot. Biden did very well. And Wallace did a fine job considering what he was handed.

This is another victim2 post.

stocker08

Reaction score
Biden needs to hire a 5th grader to help him with his math. He says "1 in 1000 blacks got Covid, and if Trump doesn't do something about it quickly, it will be 1 in 500 by the end of the year."

So that prognosis would be 2X worse in about 3 months, which would mean 410,000 dead by then, an extra 205,000. That's 68,333 per month, or 2,277 per day. When we're getting about 600-900 deaths per day right now. Off by a factor of 3.
You found something to hit Biden on? Good for you.

I hope you didn't watch the rest of the debate.

Texas-Gopher

Reaction score
Holy crap, I am seriously concerned Joe is going to stroke out though. Is that guy 150 years old?

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
I turned the TV off when Trump responded to Biden’s comment about the military service of his son Beau with his petulant question re: Hunter.

Trump is such a POS-it’s so sad that this execrable human is the face of our country. How anyone can admire him is beyond belief.
It is bewildering.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Trump ran roughshod for awhile but Biden won the debate, certainly on style as the debate wore on. Biden solidified the win with the final answer with a simple "yes."

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Biden was just as bad as Trump at interrupting. Trump rattled him. Biden yelled at him to “shut up”, called him a clown and a racist, but was doing the same as him.

I don’t think much was accomplished and im doubtful that they’ll be another debate.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
yeah - he doesn't get a pass - Trump was the bully and he doesn't understand how to stand up to him. I will watch the the VP debate, however, I won't watch the other two unless they have a strategy to deal with his tantrums.

Last edited:

bga1

Reaction score
Poor form by Trump. Total pack of lies by Biden. It is unbelievable the amount of lies that he told. Denying that Hunter Biden got the money? Really. But Trump would have been much better off just letting Biden bumble along.

Trump really needed to let Biden fall on the weight of his own sword which is that he essentially has no coherent policies. Biden's weakness beside his feebleness, is that anything he says specifically about his policies is hated by half of his own party.

Biden lied about the Green New Deal, he lied about police, he lied about his son, he lied about the state of the Obama economy. But Trump failed to take advantage by stepping over Biden. Let the guy be slow Joe.

Very frustrating debate.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Biden was just as bad as Trump at interrupting. Trump rattled him. Biden yelled at him to “shut up”, called him a clown and a racist, but was doing the same as him.

I don’t think much was accomplished and im doubtful that they’ll be another debate.
Your last sentence is the only accurate sentence. They should out right cancel the other 2 debates.

Trump completely embarrassed the debate process, himself, the presidency, and the country tonight.

Top Bottom