Obama's golf game improving

howeda7

Reaction score
At least you have the guts to admit that the guy can't control himself. Why would you want to elect someone who needs bowling bumpers? Why don't you want someone who you would trust with your life, without guidance from others? Don't you think this is potentially very dangerous? What happens if he ignores his advisers or surrounds himself with a bunch of bobos? Then what?

I'll close with this, KFC. Ask for more. Just because you feel like the ends are what you want, expect more and give up the ends, if the means are so horrific. And they are.

Good talk. Now go over to the Rosemount thread and tell SectionTool to STFU. You would earn lots of points by being the first conservative to do so.
You don't think he's already doing this?

howeda7

Reaction score
I don’t care whether it’s AG Barr or Gen Kelly or McConnell or the fringe guys like Stephen Miller or Steve Bannon, they think they’re ALL in the bag for Trump no matter what. I think the traditional ones greatly help Trump stay on a decent course, have good principles, and I trust them.
You mistake lumping Gen. Kelly with the others. I don't agree with everything he did/said, but he clearly kept Trump from going completely off the tracks a few times, and we should all be thankful for that. There are a few others with him on that list. But most of them have not stood up to him at all. Certainly not turtle Mitch and certainly not Barr thus far. Miller and Bannon want him further off the tracks so obviously they will never help.

cncmin

Reaction score
Believing you have no power is a mistake. If you sit in a closet, speaking to nobody ever, then you are right. Every time you have a conversation, every time you give your opinion, every time you analyze a situation, every time you login here with an opinion, you are part of a cumulative effect. When you defend, deflect and dismiss the importance of the bull$hit this guy pulls every day, you help erode the discourse that should be occurring to get him to straighten out and stop blowing the incredible opportunity that he was given to change politics forever. Coming on here and acting like Research does nothing to help solve problems. Sitting in front of cable news every day for hours at a time is not a good use for your brain.

I've read a lot of your posts, KFC. I get where you are coming from, I think. Lots of attacks occur here. It's natural to be defensive. But I can see through the veneer on you. I think you are actually a pretty good guy - who has some well-founded conservative views. No issue with that. Several of my best friends are HARD CORE conservatives. My friend's dad sits in front of FoxNews or the Colorado Avalanche game 24x7. My friend's dad would take a bullet for me. He would also run over someone trying to take his gun. I love that guy. Point being, ignore the idiots, rise above it and have decent conversations. And stop defending moronic posts, like what we see from Research, CantGet and more-and-more, BGA (sadly - as he's great on the b-ball board), SectionTool and CRG.

Be part of the solution, KFC.
This is a great post, and I agree with this strongly. We can continue to hope that generally level-headed strongly-conservative folks like KGF will eventually do the right thing. Hope is eternal.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Ok, KFC, sorry for the late response. Busy weekend. Here ya go.

You need to tell that to bass, who you think is one of the best posters here. He thinks this is all a waste of time, but is only happy to use it when he’s working. The rest of us are all morons b/c we post on our free time. Most of his posts with me, are BS disparagement posts b/c I pissed him off by challenging him when I first started posting here. I made an enemy and he isn’t going to forget. Hey, this is the internet and there are very few rules.
Nah, BB is better than that. He's proven.

Regarding my righty peers. I am surely closer to them in political philosophy than the Lefties here. The Left posters here have gone completely nuts. I don’t care whether it’s AG Barr or Gen Kelly or McConnell or the fringe guys like Stephen Miller or Steve Bannon, they think they’re ALL in the bag for Trump no matter what. I think the traditional ones greatly help Trump stay on a decent course, have good principles, and I trust them.
I think you read it wrong. The lefty posters here are in disbelief at the hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance of some here. You weren't around for much of the Barry regime (at all?), but I am here to tell you that if Don had a D behind his name, the tune would be quite different. It's really not debatable and lefties here are correct to call it out daily. Not quite to the same extent, but in the same vein, righties who call out lefties about Bush make some valid points.

I will not disparage other conservatives for their style or beliefs unless I happened to believe they were doing something that hasn’t or wouldn’t been done to them or I know that a theory is completely off-base. They have a right to their opinion and I am not generallly privy to information that counters their beliefs. I don’t assume that they’re correct, but I’m sure not going to assume that they are wrong b/c I believe that they generally have similar aspirations for the US as I do and have no mal intentent.
Yeah, I hear you on that. There is a lot of dickwad behavior that goes back a long way. It's sad, because if someone does attempt serious dialogue, invariably someone effs it up. Or the poster that made a post doesn't like his beliefs challenged, flaws in his arguments shown, legitimate questions asked. Section2 is among the worst at this. He is very insecure. As is CantGet. CantGet simply lashes out when he's beaten. Both are signs of severe weakness.

At the same time you are calling for reasonableness, you are mocking your antagonists. You don’t even have enough respect for me to call me anything but KFC, not that I care much. It’s just disrespectful.
KFC is harmless, KFC.

I’m not a zealot, and you have apparently recognized that. I AM a traditional conservative and Republican. I AM a Reaganite. I’ve been disappointed since. I believe in conservative principles, and though I’m sure I have concerns when the opposition party is involved, I try my best to be objective. That’s not easy here b/c it’s perceived as weakness and pounced upon by some opposing zealots here.
Amen. Keep at it though.

I like posting here b/c it challenges my thinking whether it’s always constructive or not. It helps me improve my argument for what I believe and question it if it’s not well thought out. I doubt it will have much significance, but I agree with you that it is important to the public discussion for interested folks to participate in.
I don't think the corrosive stuff is very interesting, for the most part. I mean, yeah, I love to nail someone when they are dead wrong - but it's really not very satisfying, because it's rarely admitted. I have called out blatant inaccuracies and guys here just stand their ground. It's just stupid. But like you, I come here for information and entertainment. Keep on keepin' on, KFC!

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
This is a great post, and I agree with this strongly. We can continue to hope that generally level-headed strongly-conservative folks like KGF will eventually do the right thing. Hope is eternal.
You need to make up your mind. I’m either “generally level-headed strong-conservative” or I’m a “Trump kool-aid drinker”.

I’m going with the former.

howeda7

Reaction score
You need to make up your mind. I’m either “generally level-headed strong-conservative” or I’m a “Trump kool-aid drinker”.

I’m going with the former.
Two years of Trump and Fox News can do things to a man.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Ok, KFC, sorry for the late response. Busy weekend. Here ya go.

Nah, BB is better than that. He's proven.

I think you read it wrong. The lefty posters here are in disbelief at the hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance of some here. You weren't around for much of the Barry regime (at all?), but I am here to tell you that if Don had a D behind his name, the tune would be quite different. It's really not debatable and lefties here are correct to call it out daily. Not quite to the same extent, but in the same vein, righties who call out lefties about Bush make some valid points.

Yeah, I hear you on that. There is a lot of dickwad behavior that goes back a long way. It's sad, because if someone does attempt serious dialogue, invariably someone effs it up. Or the poster that made a post doesn't like his beliefs challenged, flaws in his arguments shown, legitimate questions asked. Section2 is among the worst at this. He is very insecure. As is CantGet. CantGet simply lashes out when he's beaten. Both are signs of severe weakness.

KFC is harmless, KFC.

Amen. Keep at it though.

I don't think the corrosive stuff is very interesting, for the most part. I mean, yeah, I love to nail someone when they are dead wrong - but it's really not very satisfying, because it's rarely admitted. I have called out blatant inaccuracies and guys here just stand their ground. It's just stupid. But like you, I come here for information and entertainment. Keep on keepin' on, KFC!
Agree with some, disagree with some. I will gladly engage you on a higher level when debating topics. I won’t deny laughing at some of the more entertaining slams and even some on me. Especially the kool-aid drinker stuff.

I definitely agree with you about opinions being adaptable to political bias, but that goes both ways for everyone. It’s just human nature.

justthefacts

Reaction score
http://www.breitbart.com/

At least one would hope it is improving more than the economy is. Certainly this is where he has invested his time.

According to a new report by the nonpartisan Government Accountability Institute (GAI), President Barack Obama has spent over twice as many hours on vacation and golf (976 hours) as he has in economic meetings of any kind (474.4 hours).

justthefacts

Reaction score

At least one would hope it is improving more than the economy is. Certainly this is where he has invested his time.

According to a new report by the nonpartisan Government Accountability Institute (GAI), President Barack Obama has spent over twice as many hours on vacation and golf (976 hours) as he has in economic meetings of any kind (474.4 hours).

howeda7

Reaction score
Such a lovely thread. Don the Con. Beeg the hypocrite. A pair made in heaven.

jamiche

Reaction score
I reread some of the old posts. Our humble beggar is a remarkable hypocrite.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Shakespeare anticipated Don the Con, long ago...

"...For ’tis the sport to have the enginer
Hoist with his own petard;..."

justthefacts

Reaction score

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
You can’t even make it up. BGA starts a thread mocking Joe for thinking he’ll use Covid as an excuse to duck a debate, then Trump does exactly that. And bga starts a thread to mock Obama’s golf game, only to worship a one term president who golfs more than anyone, and who’s golfing when he finds out he’s been fired.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
You can’t even make it up. BGA starts a thread mocking Joe for thinking he’ll use Covid as an excuse to duck a debate, then Trump does exactly that. And bga starts a thread to mock Obama’s golf game, only to worship a one term president who golfs more than anyone, and who’s golfing when he finds out he’s been fired.
If you look at the numbers IMPOTUS played more rounds per annum than did an average player on the PGA tour. And he watched more television too!

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
The congratulation one he had the other day was a trip also. You KNEW it was BS and the BS was confirmed right after Trump sent out the fraud tweet and he started up the Dem voter fraud thread immediately.

USAF

Reaction score
The congratulation one he had the other day was a trip also. You KNEW it was BS and the BS was confirmed right after Trump sent out the fraud tweet and he started up the Dem voter fraud thread immediately.
To his credit, he HAS abandoned the "Hunter's emails" thread.

As we all knew would happen.

John Galt

Reaction score
I’ll be golfing 18 tomorrow. Great day for it in mid-November!

GopherJake

Reaction score
I’ll be golfing 18 tomorrow. Great day for it in mid-November!
18 today, 36 tomorrow, 18 Monday for me. I played uneven today. Couldn’t make a putt and two triples. You?

John Galt

Reaction score
18 today, 36 tomorrow, 18 Monday for me. I played uneven today. Couldn’t make a putt and two triples. You?
36? Wow - you’re ambitious. It’s getting harder with the short days. I’m just hoping to hit my driver better and make a few long putts.

Ope3

Reaction score
Today I shot 50 on the front 9, heard the election results at the turn and shot 41 on the back. Won the press.

Things are looking better already.

Top Bottom