Obama's golf game improving

bemidjigopher

Banned
Reaction score
There's really no excuse for any POTUS not to be a scratch golfer. Besides doesn't Kim Jung ace every hole on the course?

howeda7

Reaction score
It's funny that beej has completely avoided this thread. Whoops.....nevermind, he created it.
Beeg is flexible. He can go from being outraged about the President golfing to defending an accused pedophile at the flip of a single letter.

stocker08

Reaction score
http://www.breitbart.com/

At least one would hope it is improving more than the economy is. Certainly this is where he has invested his time.

According to a new report by the nonpartisan Government Accountability Institute (GAI), President Barack Obama has spent over twice as many hours on vacation and golf (976 hours) as he has in economic meetings of any kind (474.4 hours).
Quote. Beej? Where are you?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

justthefacts

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

justthefacts

Reaction score
http://www.breitbart.com/

At least one would hope it is improving more than the economy is. Certainly this is where he has invested his time.

According to a new report by the nonpartisan Government Accountability Institute (GAI), President Barack Obama has spent over twice as many hours on vacation and golf (976 hours) as he has in economic meetings of any kind (474.4 hours).
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

GopherJake

Reaction score
IMPEACH!!!
I hear you. Who cares, Right? I will tell you that I have a friend that we cured of his golf cheating. Let's just say it wasn't his only challenge with the truth. My story is anecdotal, but for him, it was symptomatic. What do you think, KFC? Is Trump cheating at golf (this has been well-known for decades - which is sad, because he's actually quite talented at golf - read "Who's Your Caddy") - is Trump cheating at golf symptomatic of his general relationship with the truth? If so, does this not concern you? What if he had a D behind his name?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I hear you. Who cares, Right? I will tell you that I have a friend that we cured of his golf cheating. Let's just say it wasn't his only challenge with the truth. My story is anecdotal, but for him, it was symptomatic. What do you think, KFC? Is Trump cheating at golf (this has been well-known for decades - which is sad, because he's actually quite talented at golf - read "Who's Your Caddy") - is Trump cheating at golf symptomatic of his general relationship with the truth? If so, does this not concern you? What if he had a D behind his name?
Since I’ve been posting on this forum, I’ve said that Trump is a narcissist. That’s no small affliction. He no doubt deceives himself and others. He deeply wants to be liked, admired, and this leads to selling or spinning his perspective of reality.

I think that the media and political opposition have a very negative effect on his emotional affliction. The MSM war on Trump creates more problems than it solves.

Having said that, some of THE most successful people in the world are narcissists. Narcissism in a driver in some peoples’ success.

IMO, Obama was a bit of a narcissist, but he doesn’t have the bombastic personality that Trump has. I think Obama lied to himself, and thereby lied to others, spun, and attempted to persuade. He was a D, and yes I had a problem. But moreso with the news media that ignored his lies and spinning.

Narcissism isn’t a debilitating emotional condition. It just leads to difficulties in business, social, and private relationships and the success of those peoples’ outcomes with him. It doesn’t cause concerns that he has the nuclear codes or that he is on the verge of some emotional breakdown. He’s not. He’s been this way for his entire life and been highly effective and successful.

Section2

Reaction score
Obama was a bit of a narcissist
This is the understatement of the century. EVERY person who runs for president is a narcissist. Not a bit of one, a huge one. Almost no one these days is drafted to run by a party. No one reluctantly takes the job. No one has since MAYBE Truman, and certainly silent Cal.

you are right about Trump I think. Yes, he NO doubt lies and cheats and probably steals. Trump is the perfect representative for the Federal government.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Since I’ve been posting on this forum, I’ve said that Trump is a narcissist. That’s no small affliction. He no doubt deceives himself and others. He deeply wants to be liked, admired, and this leads to selling or spinning his perspective of reality.

I think that the media and political opposition have a very negative effect on his emotional affliction. The MSM war on Trump creates more problems than it solves.

Having said that, some of THE most successful people in the world are narcissists. Narcissism in a driver in some peoples’ success.

IMO, Obama was a bit of a narcissist, but he doesn’t have the bombastic personality that Trump has. I think Obama lied to himself, and thereby lied to others, spun, and attempted to persuade. He was a D, and yes I had a problem. But moreso with the news media that ignored his lies and spinning.

Narcissism isn’t a debilitating emotional condition. It just leads to difficulties in business, social, and private relationships and the success of those peoples’ outcomes with him. It doesn’t cause concerns that he has the nuclear codes or that he is on the verge of some emotional breakdown. He’s not. He’s been this way for his entire life and been highly effective and successful.
I appreciate the thought and effort you put into this post - and no doubt, narcissism is related to lying - but I asked specifically about his lying and relationship with the truth (i.e., reality). Would you mind addressing that directly? And please try to refrain from referencing Democrats - it reeks of deflection.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I appreciate the thought and effort you put into this post - and no doubt, narcissism is related to lying - but I asked specifically about his lying and relationship with the truth (i.e., reality). Would you mind addressing that directly? And please try to refrain from referencing Democrats - it reeks of deflection.
I thought I addressed that. Yes, he tells lies about a variety of subjects, but most all are related to protecting his image of himself.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
This is the understatement of the century. EVERY person who runs for president is a narcissist. Not a bit of one, a huge one. Almost no one these days is drafted to run by a party. No one reluctantly takes the job. No one has since MAYBE Truman, and certainly silent Cal.

you are right about Trump I think. Yes, he NO doubt lies and cheats and probably steals. Trump is the perfect representative for the Federal government.
I was trying to be nice. I think Obama is a big narcissist (392 “I”s in a 90 minute speaking engagement. More than 4 “I”s per minute. That’s really hard to do if you’re trying.), but even my toned down expression troubled GJ.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I thought I addressed that. Yes, he tells lies about a variety of subjects, but most all are related to protecting his image of himself.
So, if I'm reading this correctly, you aren't concerned that Don has a very loose affiliation with the truth, is this correct? I find this troublesome. People who lie about petty things - like amateur golf - cannot help themselves. They lie about everything. Small things, big things, important things. Things of national security, if they can get the power. He is a proven, repeated liar. Why doesn't this concern you more?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
So, if I'm reading this correctly, you aren't concerned that Don has a very loose affiliation with the truth, is this correct? I find this troublesome. People who lie about petty things - like amateur golf - cannot help themselves. They lie about everything. Small things, big things, important things. Things of national security, if they can get the power. He is a proven, repeated liar. Why doesn't this concern you more?
And what are your qualifications for concluding that? Read it in Psychology Today or The New Yorker?

Research

Banned
Reaction score
What about large things like, "If you like your Dr., you can keep your Dr.," or "0bomascam is going to save the typical family $2500?"

GopherJake

Reaction score
And what are your qualifications for concluding that? Read it in Psychology Today or The New Yorker?
Fair point. Largely anecdotal, as I mentioned and common sense. But sure, no credentials. However, do you disagree? I'm talking about pathological behavior here - the kind Trump demonstrates - not run-of-the-mill golf cheating.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Fair point. Largely anecdotal, as I mentioned and common sense. But sure, no credentials. However, do you disagree? I'm talking about pathological behavior here - the kind Trump demonstrates - not run-of-the-mill golf cheating.
I don’t share that concern. I think reality, advisers, and other Republicans keep the significance of his off the path rants somewhat in check. He obviously redirects or backtracks after going out of bounds. That demonstrates his ability and willingness to come back to the truth and/or facts.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I don’t share that concern. I think reality, advisers, and other Republicans keep the significance of his off the path rants somewhat in check. He obviously redirects or backtracks after going out of bounds. That demonstrates his ability and willingness to come back to the truth and/or facts.
At least you have the guts to admit that the guy can't control himself. Why would you want to elect someone who needs bowling bumpers? Why don't you want someone who you would trust with your life, without guidance from others? Don't you think this is potentially very dangerous? What happens if he ignores his advisers or surrounds himself with a bunch of bobos? Then what?

I'll close with this, KFC. Ask for more. Just because you feel like the ends are what you want, expect more and give up the ends, if the means are so horrific. And they are.

Good talk. Now go over to the Rosemount thread and tell SectionTool to STFU. You would earn lots of points by being the first conservative to do so.

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
At least you have the guts to admit that the guy can't control himself. Why would you want to elect someone who needs bowling bumpers? Why don't you want someone who you would trust with your life, without guidance from others? Don't you think this is potentially very dangerous? What happens if he ignores his advisers or surrounds himself with a bunch of bobos? Then what?

I'll close with this, KFC. Ask for more. Just because you feel like the ends are what you want, expect more and give up the ends, if the means are so horrific. And they are.
I don’t get more than one vote for President. What I want is irrelevant.

To the extent my opinion and others matters, I will take him over Hillary or anyone running for President on the Democrat side. We have term limits and I think Trump’s usefulness will be tapped out by 2024, as most President’s usefulness is. The President has limited powers and that’s a good thing. Given those limited powers, I’m happy to have him as President compared to other prospects. I would go for a few alternatives in 2020 if that were practical. It isn’t, so I’ll roll with it for another 4 years and hope the GOP keeps the Senate and takes back the House.

GopherJake

Reaction score

To the extent my opinion and others matters, I will take him over Hillary or anyone running for President on the Democrat side. We have term limits and I think Trump’s usefulness will be tapped out by 2024, as most President’s usefulness is. The President has limited powers and that’s a good thing. Given those limited powers, I’m happy to have him as President compared to other prospects. I would go for a few alternatives in 2020 if that were practical. It isn’t, so I’ll roll with it for another 4 years and hope the GOP keeps the Senate and takes back the House.
Believing you have no power is a mistake. If you sit in a closet, speaking to nobody ever, then you are right. Every time you have a conversation, every time you give your opinion, every time you analyze a situation, every time you login here with an opinion, you are part of a cumulative effect. When you defend, deflect and dismiss the importance of the bull$hit this guy pulls every day, you help erode the discourse that should be occurring to get him to straighten out and stop blowing the incredible opportunity that he was given to change politics forever. Coming on here and acting like Research does nothing to help solve problems. Sitting in front of cable news every day for hours at a time is not a good use for your brain.

I've read a lot of your posts, KFC. I get where you are coming from, I think. Lots of attacks occur here. It's natural to be defensive. But I can see through the veneer on you. I think you are actually a pretty good guy - who has some well-founded conservative views. No issue with that. Several of my best friends are HARD CORE conservatives. My friend's dad sits in front of FoxNews or the Colorado Avalanche game 24x7. My friend's dad would take a bullet for me. He would also run over someone trying to take his gun. I love that guy. Point being, ignore the idiots, rise above it and have decent conversations. And stop defending moronic posts, like what we see from Research, CantGet and more-and-more, BGA (sadly - as he's great on the b-ball board), SectionTool and CRG.

Be part of the solution, KFC.

monk10

Golden Gopher
Reaction score
It is has been reported and reported and tracked that Trump lies at a higher rate then your typical Politician. He lies 3 times more than that. That is why I am always truly amazed that you guys buy in to what he says he is going to do.

Research

Banned
Reaction score

I think [we] already knew you're a Republican!

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Believing you have no power is a mistake. If you sit in a closet, speaking to nobody ever, then you are right. Every time you have a conversation, every time you give your opinion, every time you analyze a situation, every time you login here with an opinion, you are part of a cumulative effect. When you defend, deflect and dismiss the importance of the bull$hit this guy pulls every day, you help erode the discourse that should be occurring to get him to straighten out and stop blowing the incredible opportunity that he was given to change politics forever. Coming on here and acting like Research does nothing to help solve problems. Sitting in front of cable news every day for hours at a time is not a good use for your brain.

I've read a lot of your posts, KFC. I get where you are coming from, I think. Lots of attacks occur here. It's natural to be defensive. But I can see through the veneer on you. I think you are actually a pretty good guy - who has some well-founded conservative views. No issue with that. Several of my best friends are HARD CORE conservatives. My friend's dad sits in front of FoxNews or the Colorado Avalanche game 24x7. My friend's dad would take a bullet for me. He would also run over someone trying to take his gun. I love that guy. Point being, ignore the idiots, rise above it and have decent conversations. And stop defending moronic posts, like what we see from Research, CantGet and more-and-more, BGA (sadly - as he's great on the b-ball board), SectionTool and CRG.

Be part of the solution, KFC.
You need to tell that to bass, who you think is one of the best posters here. He thinks this is all a waste of time, but is only happy to use it when he’s working. The rest of us are all morons b/c we post on our free time. Most of his posts with me, are BS disparagement posts b/c I pissed him off by challenging him when I first started posting here. I made an enemy and he isn’t going to forget. Hey, this is the internet and there are very few rules.

Regarding my righty peers. I am surely closer to them in political philosophy than the Lefties here. The Left posters here have gone completely nuts. I don’t care whether it’s AG Barr or Gen Kelly or McConnell or the fringe guys like Stephen Miller or Steve Bannon, they think they’re ALL in the bag for Trump no matter what. I think the traditional ones greatly help Trump stay on a decent course, have good principles, and I trust them.

I will not disparage other conservatives for their style or beliefs unless I happened to believe they were doing something that hasn’t or wouldn’t been done to them or I know that a theory is completely off-base. They have a right to their opinion and I am not generallly privy to information that counters their beliefs. I don’t assume that they’re correct, but I’m sure not going to assume that they are wrong b/c I believe that they generally have similar aspirations for the US as I do and have no mal intentent.

At the same time you are calling for reasonableness, you are mocking your antagonists. You don’t even have enough respect for me to call me anything but KFC, not that I care much. It’s just disrespectful.

I’m not a zealot, and you have apparently recognized that. I AM a traditional conservative and Republican. I AM a Reaganite. I’ve been disappointed since. I believe in conservative principles, and though I’m sure I have concerns when the opposition party is involved, I try my best to be objective. That’s not easy here b/c it’s perceived as weakness and pounced upon by some opposing zealots here.

I like posting here b/c it challenges my thinking whether it’s always constructive or not. It helps me improve my argument for what I believe and question it if it’s not well thought out. I doubt it will have much significance, but I agree with you that it is important to the public discussion for interested folks to participate in.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Yes, I [we] know.

I don’t care if Jake doesn’t like you. I also come here for a laugh and you’re [I’m] a witty guy.
He's also a sock puppet. Out for a brew with my buddy to discuss the upcoming softball season. I'll address your other post later - prolly tomorrow. Cheers!

howeda7

Reaction score
LOL. Wow.

Top Bottom