Obama's golf game improving

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Obama is lean, but man, not very athletic. Trump isn't either. Obama throwing the first pitch, his golf swing, not athletic.
He shoots the ball well (I mean, considering age and everything).

Section2

Reaction score
He shoots the ball well (I mean, considering age and everything).

I judge athletes by how they throw a ball. Obama throws like a girl. He's ok at hoops, but for someone who played college ball he's pretty weak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dpodoll68

Elite Poster
Reaction score
I judge athletes by how they throw a ball. Obama throws like a girl. He's ok at hoops, but for someone who played college ball he's pretty weak.
That's a really weird standard to use, particularly given that how one throws a ball is relevant in so few sports. How do you think Wayne Gretzky did at throwing a ball? How about Carl Lewis?

Section2

Reaction score
That's a really weird standard to use, particularly given that how one throws a ball is relevant in so few sports. How do you think Wayne Gretzky did at throwing a ball? How about Carl Lewis?
Fair point. Don't know on Wayne but Lewis was an abomination.

GoodasGold

Reaction score

Watch how they walk. All Good athletes have feet that are mildly supinated and either neutral or very slightly pigeon toed. Duck footed individuals are all geeks and suffer general anxiety disorders.

Section2

Reaction score
Watch how they walk. All Good athletes have feet that are mildly supinated and either neutral or very slightly pigeon toed. Duck footed individuals are all geeks and suffer general anxiety disorders.
Sounds about right. I am pigeon toed.

justthefacts

Reaction score
http://www.breitbart.com/

At least one would hope it is improving more than the economy is. Certainly this is where he has invested his time.

According to a new report by the nonpartisan Government Accountability Institute (GAI), President Barack Obama has spent over twice as many hours on vacation and golf (976 hours) as he has in economic meetings of any kind (474.4 hours).
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

howeda7

Reaction score

Not by how well they shoot a slap shot with their off hand?

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Don Drumpf is not a bad athlete by any means. He's got some moves. Have you ever seen him play whack-a-mole:confused:

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
Thought I'd bump this for all my fiscal conservative friends out there. It's great to know that the taxpayers have spent $60k on golf car rentals at Trump properties.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...rumps-frequent-travel-large-family/529075001/
And...

Secret Service depletes funds to pay agents because of Trump's frequent travel, large family

WASHINGTON — The Secret Service can no longer pay hundreds of agents it needs to carry out an expanded protective mission – in large part due to the sheer size of President Trump's family and efforts necessary to secure their multiple residences up and down the East Coast.

Secret Service Director Randolph "Tex'' Alles, in an interview with USA TODAY, said more than 1,000 agents have already hit the federally mandated caps for salary and overtime allowances that were meant to last the entire year.

The agency has faced a crushing workload since the height of the contentious election season, and it has not relented in the first seven months of the administration. Agents must protect Trump – who has traveled almost every weekend to his properties in Florida, New Jersey and Virginia – and his adult children whose business trips and vacations have taken them across the country and overseas.

Link

Reaction score
Your tax dollars working for you. Amazing all the pork bellies under the Trump administration, including his own " pork belly ".

tikited

Me
Reaction score
And...

Secret Service depletes funds to pay agents because of Trump's frequent travel, large family

WASHINGTON — The Secret Service can no longer pay hundreds of agents it needs to carry out an expanded protective mission – in large part due to the sheer size of President Trump's family and efforts necessary to secure their multiple residences up and down the East Coast.

Secret Service Director Randolph "Tex'' Alles, in an interview with USA TODAY, said more than 1,000 agents have already hit the federally mandated caps for salary and overtime allowances that were meant to last the entire year.

The agency has faced a crushing workload since the height of the contentious election season, and it has not relented in the first seven months of the administration. Agents must protect Trump – who has traveled almost every weekend to his properties in Florida, New Jersey and Virginia – and his adult children whose business trips and vacations have taken them across the country and overseas.

Link
Trump is a "Golf First" President.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Trump is a "Golf First" President.
So true! No matter how much golf Obama plays in his retirement, he will never match the same skill level Drumpf displays employing his deft, short-game foot wedge, and his uncanny ability to quickly and accurately tally a score sheet.

Section2

Reaction score
It's not so much about the spending to me, but where the money is being spent. He's enriching himself at our expense. Shameful.
$60k in a country with a $4 trillion dollar budget (and seemingly annual trillion dollar deficits) seems to be some misplaced.

gopher_alum_2005

Reaction score
$60k in a country with a $4 trillion dollar budget (and seemingly annual trillion dollar deficits) seems to be some misplaced.
You think we're just paying for their golf carts while they're at Trump properties? Are you a moron?

gopher_alum_2005

Reaction score
Hypocrisy is the main charge leveled by progressives, seems fair to point out theirs.
Are you equating the hypocrisy of progressives demanding more funds for things like education, healthcare, etc. to us complaining about funds that are spent to enrich the President. It shouldn't shock me, but another unbelievably stupid post.

Gopherguy0723

Reaction score
$1 dollar is completely unacceptable. As stated by someone else, Trump has spent millions of our dollars on his business empire that he hasn't even divested himself from. The golf carts are just the pin tip of it.

It should he 100% illegal, no exceptions, and it probably is currently illegal under the constitution.

Section2

Reaction score
Are you equating the hypocrisy of progressives demanding more funds for things like education, healthcare, etc. to us complaining about funds that are spent to enrich the President. It shouldn't shock me, but another unbelievably stupid post.
I don't know, secret service costs for golf carts doesn't seem like money spent to "enrich" the president. I don't think any of their costs could be put in that category. That's certainly not the purpose. I would agree that it's ridiculous, Trump can spend his own money.

I would estimate at least 3/4 of federal spending is on things progressives care about. Complaining about crumbs because you hate Trump is a little curious.

Section2

Reaction score
$1 dollar is completely unacceptable. As stated by someone else, Trump has spent millions of our dollars on his business empire that he hasn't even divested himself from. The golf carts are just the pin tip of it.

It should he 100% illegal, no exceptions, and it probably is currently illegal under the constitution.
I don't disagree. So if he was divested, you wouldn't care? I don't believe that.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
I would offer to watch Melania for awhile, if that would help.

stocker08

Reaction score
And...

Link
It's funny that beej has completely avoided this thread. Whoops.....nevermind, he created it.

jamiche

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Trump golfing for two reasons:
1. The president is always working;
2. The less time this president spends away from policy making, away from Fox and away from twitter, the better it is for the country.

I do have a problem with the taxpayer funds required to support his golf activities and the fact that those funds are going into his bank account. There are many fine courses in the DC area that he could play and you can play comfortably in MD-VA 8-9 months of the year. As for golf getaways (he has no other travel interests), he should take the average of presidential leisure travel over the last 3-4 administrations and be willing to personally fund anything over that amount. He said that he's worth $11B. He can afford it.

Top Bottom