Obama's golf game improving

GoodasGold

Reaction score
If you want funny, go to the source. That's right; the Father of our Country...George Washington. He may have had a stone face, but what a wit.*

In the Revolutionary War during that terrible winter at Valley Forge, one of the troops complained "general, I ain't et in over 4 days". "Soldier", Washington replied, "I wish I had your will power". Another soldier, slogging thru the snow with out boots told the general he thought his feet were now blocks of ice. "What am I supposed to do General?" "Limp" Washington told him.

Later, during his Presidency, the Federalists hosted a dinner for him. Alexander Hamilton seeing Washington alone commented that he was surprised that Martha wasn't attending. "well, I used to take her everywhere, but she always found her way back" said Washington. "Do you miss her cooking while you're away from home?, asked Hamilton. "Every chance I get" he replied. "Oh, it can't be that bad can it Mr President?" "Alex", Washington told him, "after one of Martha's meals I don't brush my teeth...I count 'em. At Mount Vernon we don't pray before we eat, we pray after we eat!"

While visiting Thomas Jefferson at Monticello, he was asked if he had much of a garden at Mt Vernon. "Well, Washington replied, "Martha asked me to plant her a garden once and the first thing I dug up was an excuse."

Finally, those chattering teeth that are such great gags today...yep, he was the first. Story has it that after a few too many brandies, GW would remove his wooden teeth and snap people in the @ss. His humor endures.

* based on anecdotal evidence deemed true, factual or otherwise.

Section201

Reaction score
If you want funny, go to the source. That's right; the Father of our Country...George Washington. He may have had a stone face, but what a wit.*

In the Revolutionary War during that terrible winter at Valley Forge, one of the troops complained "general, I ain't et in over 4 days". "Soldier", Washington replied, "I wish I had your will power". Another soldier, slogging thru the snow with out boots told the general he thought his feet were now blocks of ice. "What am I supposed to do General?" "Limp" Washington told him.

Later, during his Presidency, the Federalists hosted a dinner for him. Alexander Hamilton seeing Washington alone commented that he was surprised that Martha wasn't attending. "well, I used to take her everywhere, but she always found her way back" said Washington. "Do you miss her cooking while you're away from home?, asked Hamilton. "Every chance I get" he replied. "Oh, it can't be that bad can it Mr President?" "Alex", Washington told him, "after one of Martha's meals I don't brush my teeth...I count 'em. At Mount Vernon we don't pray before we eat, we pray after we eat!"

While visiting Thomas Jefferson at Monticello, he was asked if he had much of a garden at Mt Vernon. "Well, Washington replied, "Martha asked me to plant her a garden once and the first thing I dug up was an excuse."

Finally, those chattering teeth that are such great gags today...yep, he was the first. Story has it that after a few too many brandies, GW would remove his wooden teeth and snap people in the @ss. His humor endures.

* based on anecdotal evidence deemed true, factual or otherwise.
Henny Youngman !

gopher_alum_2005

Reaction score
Thought I'd bump this to see if BGA and company are as outraged that in 3 weeks, Trump is taking his 2nd straight weekend in Mar A Lago and is golfing again. All on the taxpayers dime.

A bit of a sidebar - it was fun to search by thread title. There were five pages of "Obama" titled threads and 75% were started by BGA and 2... good stuff

Stan

Reaction score
Thought I'd bump this to see if BGA and company are as outraged that in 3 weeks, Trump is taking his 2nd straight weekend in Mar A Lago and is golfing again. All on the taxpayers dime.

A bit of a sidebar - it was fun to search by thread title. There were five pages of "Obama" titled threads and 75% were started by BGA and 2... good stuff
beeg and his GOP is the Hypocrisy Party. You can't make it up.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
There is nothing their supreme ruler can do that would be seen as a negative in their eyes. Their lust is stronger than a teen boy's while looking at playboy for the first time.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
There is nothing their supreme ruler can do that would be seen as a negative in their eyes. Their lust is stronger than a teen boy's while looking at playboy for the first time.
Honest question: do you think the country would be better off with Hillary than Trump?

jamiche

Reaction score

I assume that vileghazi's tears of outrage are preventing him from seeing the keyboard well enough to express his frustration over the amount of time (and expense!) Trump is spending goofing off instead of working for the American people.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Honest question: do you think the country would be better off with Hillary than Trump?
Don't know don't care. I didn't vote for her and never supported her.

But to answer your question, yeah at this point I do think the country would be a little better off under Hillary. She was a horrible candidate but I doubt she would have pissed off half the world in her first 3 weeks the way Trump has.

Really nothing has affected me. Zero. I do know people who have suffered from things Trump has done and I feel very sorry for how their lives were affected.

What do you think? Do you honestly think our country is better off right now than it would have been after 3 weeks under Hillary?

gopher_alum_2005

Reaction score
I assume that vileghazi's tears of outrage are preventing him from seeing the keyboard well enough to express his frustration over the amount of time (and expense!) Trump is spending goofing off instead of working for the American people.

Could you imagine if Michelle lived in Chicago to raise Sasha and Malia and we had to pay millions for them to be protected? I'm sure BGA would be quiet about that expense

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
Do I think Hillary would be a good president? Not so sure. Do I think we would be better off with her than Trump? Lol, ahhh, yes, easy answer.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
That was supposed to be a question only for Bass, I should have PMed him. My mistake.
It's OK to be embarrassed, everyone posts something dumb every once in a while. Are you going to answer the question? I at least put some thought into it for you, rather than just saying "yes" like the others.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
That was supposed to be a question only for Bass, I should have PMed him. My mistake.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
It's OK to be embarrassed, everyone posts something dumb every once in a while. Are you going to answer the question? I at least put some thought into it for you, rather than just saying "yes" like the others.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Not embarrassed at all. I simply didn't mean to flood the thread. PM me for anything else.

justthefacts

Reaction score
http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/245884-trump-i-would-rarely-leave-the-white-house

“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done,” Trump, 69, tells ITK. "I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off.”

“You don’t have time to take time off,” Trump add

“Yes, I would live in the White House because it’s the appropriate thing to do,” he says.

http://postonpolitics.blog.palmbeac...urn-to-palm-beach-for-third-straight-weekend/

UPDATE: President Donald Trump will return to his Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach this weekend, according to a Federal Aviation Administration advisory issued just moments ago.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...o-trip-could-cost-upwards-of-3-million-report

President Trump’s weekend trip to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Fla., could cost taxpayers more than $3 million, Politico reported Friday.

jamiche

Reaction score
http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/245884-trump-i-would-rarely-leave-the-white-house

“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done,” Trump, 69, tells ITK. "I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off.”

“You don’t have time to take time off,” Trump add

“Yes, I would live in the White House because it’s the appropriate thing to do,” he says.

http://postonpolitics.blog.palmbeac...urn-to-palm-beach-for-third-straight-weekend/

UPDATE: President Donald Trump will return to his Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach this weekend, according to a Federal Aviation Administration advisory issued just moments ago.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...o-trip-could-cost-upwards-of-3-million-report

President Trump’s weekend trip to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Fla., could cost taxpayers more than $3 million, Politico reported Friday.
The back and forth between the WH and Mar and the WH and TT will probably cost taxpayers at least $100M a year. That doesn't include SS protection when the kids travel for profit.

Remember ghazi's outrage when Michelle and the girls went somewhere in Europe 5-6 years ago. He's probably gonna let Trump have it on this one!

howeda7

Reaction score
The back and forth between the WH and Mar and the WH and TT will probably cost taxpayers at least $100M a year. That doesn't include SS protection when the kids travel for profit.

Remember ghazi's outrage when Michelle and the girls went somewhere in Europe 5-6 years ago. He's probably gonna let Trump have it on this one!
3 week-ends out of his first 4 in office Trump will be going on vacation at a cost of millions of Beeg's tax dollars. All so that he can casually discuss national security matters in front of his rich pals and angrily Tweet on his unsecured cell phone, while his staff communicates about the day's latest cluster $%* via their private email servers. I can only assume that Beeg's outrage has rendered him speechless.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Beeg is struggling. Al Frankin came out and called Donnie mentally unstable.
Deep down, I think everyone on this thread realizes that Trump is mentally unstable. I would hope this wouldn't be cause for Beeg to struggle.

Top Bottom