New swing-state polls released: If the election was held today Biden would win in a landslide

stocker08

Reaction score
No, I was pretty sure Republicans would never win another presidential election after 2012. Now, I’m more certain than ever that a Republican will win the presidency in 2024 regardless of who wins in 2020. Biden is a disaster for the Dems.

So I’ll be good on Nov 4th regardless. howie, I’m not so certain about.
Keep telling yourself that. After four years of watching a moron ruin the country....having someone who's actually presidential and intelligent in the White House will make the moderates who are running from Trump/new rightism realize that the right needs to completely rebuild after this disaster.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
The right wingers on this site are dreaming. Trump's debating style is going to make Biden look like the most knowledgeable, rational, and reasonable politician in America. Since Trump never reads anything he doesn't know the issues beyond a couple of sound bites designed to appeal only to his base. Biden has gotten up close and personal with political issues for most of his adult life. He knows them far better than most politicians. Even if he makes a few verbal slip-ups Trump's bluster and obvious lies are not going to appeal to independents who still haven't made up their minds. Biden is going to do just fine in the debates.
I was surprised how coherent Trump was in his RNC address (yes, low bar, I know), but that was obviously a teleprompter situation. If Biden is disciplined and sticks to his talking points in the debates, he ought to be fine. It's always a line you're trying to draw between being natural and rambling; his ability to toe that line on the spot will be key.

stocker08

Reaction score
I was surprised how coherent Trump was in his RNC address (yes, low bar, I know), but that was obviously a teleprompter situation. If Biden is disciplined and sticks to his talking points in the debates, he ought to be fine. It's always a line you're trying to draw between being natural and rambling; his ability to toe that line on the spot will be key.
One thing I'll give Trump is that he looks awfully relaxed on stage. Definitely makes his speeches seem more natural. But off script is when he starts to get combative and sounds clueless. I'm just not sure how he's going to be able to debate actual policy positions. Saying "wrong" and "you're an awful women" worked four years ago....but now that he's been President for a term....he's going to have to be able to articulate some plans. Using buzz words and terms like "law and order" and "tremendous" shouldn't cut it. I have to think that his only plan right now is to relentlessly attack Biden, try to bring him down to his level, and hope that he breaks.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
One thing I'll give Trump is that he looks awfully relaxed on stage. Definitely makes his speeches seem more natural. But off script is when he starts to get combative and sounds clueless. I'm just not sure how he's going to be able to debate actual policy positions. Saying "wrong" and "you're an awful women" worked four years ago....but now that he's been President for a term....he's going to have to be able to articulate some plans. Using buzz words and terms like "law and order" and "tremendous" shouldn't cut it. I have to think that his only plan right now is to relentlessly attack Biden, try to bring him down to his level, and hope that he breaks.
Even though I voted for Reagan, I never bought the "great communicator" bit. All he did was dumb things down to the least common denominator. That began the slippery slope that's brought us here, where just listening to Trump will measurably lower your IQ.

USAF

Reaction score
No. People don’t need a safe space. They just don’t go advertising their opinions b/c people don’t like to be judged whether it’s legitimate or not. Like being called a racist for not agreeing that systemic racism exists on a large scale.

They also don’t like to have their property destroyed, which lefties have shown a willingness to do to attempt to make people conform.

You must be so proud of the left.
"Why I'm ashamed to admit my Trump support"

And

"You must be so proud of the left"

IN THE SAME POST.

LOLOLOL. How do you manage to feed yourself, with your IQ?

howeda7

Reaction score
Allegedly Trump is doing zero debate prep. I'm sure KGF will still swoon over his performance and declare victory. If Don doesn't find an excuse to bail.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Allegedly Trump is doing zero debate prep. I'm sure KGF will still swoon over his performance and declare victory. If Don doesn't find an excuse to bail.
I’m dying of anticipation waiting to see who you declare victory for.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I would imagine Biden is doing zero prep as well, but the people who are responsible for protecting him in the debates haven't slept in 3 months. Imagine having that task? He can't even read the answers when you give them to him, what happens if the debate goes off script?

My guess is that they're giving Joe 2-3 prepared and memorized comments to throw out there when things go south that could apply to just about any situation;

"This is something that we should all be very concerned about"

That might be a good one, or something like that?

LesBolstad

Reaction score
I would imagine Biden is doing zero prep as well, but the people who are responsible for protecting him in the debates haven't slept in 3 months. Imagine having that task? He can't even read the answers when you give them to him, what happens if the debate goes off script?

My guess is that they're giving Joe 2-3 prepared and memorized comments to throw out there when things go south that could apply to just about any situation;

"This is something that we should all be very concerned about"

That might be a good one, or something like that?
Over/under on: "C'mon Man" or "You know the thing"- I'll say 7.5

cjbfbp

Reaction score
I believe that Biden will win Minnesota but I would be surprised if the margin ends up as high as 9%. According to 538, Survey USA polls have somewhat of a Democratic lean. I've been viewing their polls since 2004 and I'd say that's about right. The same poll shows a fairly comfortable lead for Tina Smith and she should also prevail.

There is a troubling spot in the data: the two youngest groups (more solidly for Biden) declare the lowest certainty of voting in 2020 while the two oldest groups declare the highest certainty. That shouldn't be surprising but I would guess that the actual turnout of the youngest groups would be even less than declared. The oldest group (65+) shows a slight lead for Biden but the next oldest group (middle-aged) is larger and shows a bigger preference for Trump.

golf

Reaction score
NBC\Marist poll showing trump with 4 point lead among latinos in florida. He lost the latino vote there to hillary by 27 points.
However trump ha s slipped among seniors in florida so state is neck and neck.

Go4Broke

Reaction score

Nate Silver
@NateSilver538

Here's Biden's lead in our polling average and forecast, respectively, in the "Big 4" Midwestern / Rust Belt states: MI: +7.5 / +7.6 MN: +6.5 / +5.9 WI: +7.0 / +5.6 PA: +5.1 / +4.3 If Biden wins all 4 of these he wins the election, assuming nothing else too weird happens.

5:31 PM · Sep 9, 2020·Twitter Web App

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
His job prepares him for the debate, unlike 2016. Do you think he’s going to work on his style before the debate?

The debate comes down to how tough the questions are for Biden. He hasn’t been challenged by any questioner yet and I don’t think a teleprompter will be allowed.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
The debate comes down to how tough the questions are for Biden. He hasn’t been challenged by any questioner yet and I don’t think a teleprompter will be allowed.
I think you're fooling yourself if you think Biden won't be protected in some fashion in the debate(s); he'll either have a teleprompter, the notes written down for the questions he will have ahead of time, or someone in his ear telling him what to say. I just don't see a single way on earth that he stands up on stage to speak without someone having told him what to say and how to respond. I just don't see it happening.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I think you're fooling yourself if you think Biden won't be protected in some fashion in the debate(s); he'll either have a teleprompter, the notes written down for the questions he will have ahead of time, or someone in his ear telling him what to say. I just don't see a single way on earth that he stands up on stage to speak without someone having told him what to say and how to respond. I just don't see it happening.
🙄

beatles

Reaction score
This post is beyond dumb. Biden in his 40 plus years has done how many debates?? He knows exactly what he’s doing and the idea that a well respected journalist like Chris Wallace will allow him to see the questions beforehand is it utterly stupid.

USAF

Reaction score
He'll be protected by being much smarter, better informed, better prepared, and actually listening to the questions.

Spoofin

Reaction score
His job prepares him for the debate, unlike 2016. Do you think he’s going to work on his style before the debate?

Trump hasn't worked on his style in 4-years as POTUS, why would he start now before the debates? Trump doesn't give a rat's ass about his style. Biden won't even know where he is tho.

Spoofin

Reaction score
This post is beyond dumb. Biden in his 40 plus years has done how many debates?? He knows exactly what he’s doing and the idea that a well respected journalist like Chris Wallace will allow him to see the questions beforehand is it utterly stupid.
I agree with this. What I think you will get from Biden is a whole bunch of words presented as an "answer" that won't be an answer to anything in reality. Statements one can't argue with, but really mean nothing at all (think: I'm for America, I'm for peace, I will protect the working folks, etc., etc.).

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Trump hasn't worked on his style in 4-years as POTUS, why would he start now before the debates? Trump doesn't give a rat's ass about his style. Biden won't even know where he is tho.
Precisely my point.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I agree with this. What I think you will get from Biden is a whole bunch of words presented as an "answer" that won't be an answer to anything in reality. Statements one can't argue with, but really mean nothing at all (think: I'm for America, I'm for peace, I will protect the working folks, etc., etc.).
Bromide Joe Biden.

From one of the Democrat debates:

”we‘ve got to keep punching and punching and punching” to stop domestic violence.

Top Bottom