Net Neutrality Repeal

stocker08

Reaction score
I’m plenty satisfied with my internet provider. How about you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My internet service is great. It's my one cable internet provider and I pay a good amount for it. Doesn't explain the lack of competition that you are trying to deny.

stocker08

Reaction score
So many great choices! I have similar options. So if my cable company who offers 1 gig service decides to screw me, I can exercise my free market rights and take my business to a company that offers 1/100th the speed. That will show them! No need to regulate anything.
Exactly.

Section2

Reaction score
Interesting. So you're satisfied with your ISP that developed their lines and set your current rates all during times of net neutrality. But you just hate hate hate net neutrality. Weird.
Ah, so the repeal of the 2016 regs changed nothing then and the repeal won’t be the end of the Internet.

Section2

Reaction score
And people can sit in their houses and have sh$tty, slow service or use comcast, with its sh$tty, expensive service. I guess that's competition and a great local benefit, deuce. You really get it.
Agreed, although my service is phenomenal and not very expensive.

Section2

Reaction score
Would? They were in place for two years. Yet you have internet choices coming out of your ears and love your internet service. Clearly they did not have a negative impact on you. I can't wait until your ISP blocks one of your RW sites and you scream bloody murder.
I’m reading that they weren’t fully implemented. Things that impact investment have longer term effects. Thankfully, the obama regs were repealed in time and even supporters of NN will reap the rewards. You’re welcome.
Youtube google twitter Facebook already moving to ban conservative content in various ways. Haven’t heard a peep from me whining about regs.

Section2

Reaction score
So many great choices! I have similar options. So if my cable company who offers 1 gig service decides to screw me, I can exercise my free market rights and take my business to a company that offers 1/100th the speed. That will show them! No need to regulate anything.
You want the luxury option, but don’t want to pay for it. You don’t want to have to buy a lower quality product. Solution? Have government control it. Good idea.
If the luxury product screws you and everyone else, and more people switch to century link or whatever, they can invest and get the speeds up. Markets work.

Section2

Reaction score
Apparently I'm far better off than most of you. I get THREE choices: XFINITY, FIOS, and Verizon DSL. Now, DSL maxes out around 10 mbps, and that's not very quality, so I really have two useful choices. And XFINITY and FIOS produce a fairly equal product, and both set their rates to maximize their profits on the basis of what the other guy is charging. So the reality is that I have two equivalent choices at the same high price. Now that said, as of now I can actually barter with my provider on the basis of that singular competition, and so I'm far better off than most of you by having that second equivalent choice. And if one guy gets too sleazy, I can go with the other to take advantage of the "introductory" rates and reasonable customer service. Then, of course, the other gets sleazy, and I have to go back to the former to get "introductory" rates ... such great competition.

This all reminds me of Pennsylvania's great venture by Tea Party Tom Corbett and the Republican state legislature down the road of "competitive" energy suppliers. See, we supposedly get to choose our electrical and gas suppliers, even though the lines coming into our house are owned by a singular company for each. The claim was that this competition would greatly lower prices. Not surprisingly, my electrical and gas prices have nothing but increased steadily on a kWh basis and gas volume basis; this as Corbett also deregulated the gas industry, which we were told that increase in the gas industry (which it did due to supply) would lower our prices (it did not, instead they increased) and refused to add any excise taxes on Marcellus Shale gas, while being the only state in the NE to do so; meanwhile the state fell deeper into debt. I digress... The bulk of the utility charge just comes in line supplier fees, anyway, which you pay regardless of "supplier" price, and efforts we have made to attempt a competitor have been disastrous in terms of the schemes they have tried to pull; and moreover, the line owners control the billing, too. It's pretty hilarious. We act like it's not a monopoly, but it remains; and the only things that happened were some regulations were removed, and up went the bills.
Poor you!! Companies are trying to maximize profits? No way? You have 2 equivalent choices to leverage against each other.
Your energy is still highly regulated. They are just bad regs.

jamiche

Reaction score
Poor you!! Companies are trying to maximize profits? No way? You have 2 equivalent choices to leverage against each other.
Your energy is still highly regulated. They are just bad regs.

Damn roads are highly regulated too. Every time I see a sidewalk, a curb or a sewer drain, I get upset.

Section2

Reaction score
Damn roads are highly regulated too. Every time I see a sidewalk, a curb or a sewer drain, I get upset.
the manufactured outrage about ISPs is really interesting.

stocker08

Reaction score
Ah, so the repeal of the 2016 regs changed nothing then and the repeal won’t be the end of the Internet.

Your continuous "end of the internet" quip only proves how flimsy your argument is.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Section2

Reaction score
Your continuous "end of the internet" quip only proves how flimsy your argument is.

I was alive when the Obama regs were repealed by Ajit Pai, and I read lots of stories of doom and gloom, including a headline which included that "quip."

stocker08

Reaction score
I was alive when the Obama regs were repealed by Ajit Pai, and I read lots of stories of doom and gloom, including a headline which included that "quip."
Yeah.....ok. When right wing conspiracy theories keep coming out about Clinton....I'll bring up pizzagate then.

Section2

Reaction score
Yeah.....ok. When right wing conspiracy theories keep coming out about Clinton....I'll bring up pizzagate then.

this thread is 27 pages long. obviously it's very important to progs. I don't even know what pizzagate is, and haven't seen a thread on it. Something to do with a sex scandal? Howie will of course be right on here doubting that I dont' know, but I really don't. Anyway, sure, feel free to bring up pizzagate.

stocker08

Reaction score
this thread is 27 pages long. obviously it's very important to progs. I don't even know what pizzagate is, and haven't seen a thread on it. Something to do with a sex scandal? Howie will of course be right on here doubting that I dont' know, but I really don't. Anyway, sure, feel free to bring up pizzagate.
Yeah....you don't know what pizzagate is. I've seen plenty of stories about it.

Section2

Reaction score
Yeah....you don't know what pizzagate is. I've seen plenty of stories about it.

Well, please point me to the thread on it and I'll educate myself.

stocker08

Reaction score
Well, please point me to the thread on it and I'll educate myself.
Like hell you never heard of it. Playing dumb when a stupid story turns up against your precious republican party doesn't fool anyone. Everyone knows that you spend the majority of your day arguing politics and surfing the right wing sites.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-alex-jones-pizzagate-apology-20170324-story,amp.html

jamiche

Reaction score
I’d bet 30% of the posts on this thread that is so important to others are yours, deuce.
You know nothing about pizzagate but likely have dozens of posts on it. You don’t watch fox but you spout their babble continuously. You didn’t vote for Trump but you are his puppy. You claim to be a libertarian but religiously follow current repub orthodoxy.
The most predictable poster on GH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

howeda7

Reaction score
You want the luxury option, but don’t want to pay for it. You don’t want to have to buy a lower quality product. Solution? Have government control it. Good idea.
If the luxury product screws you and everyone else, and more people switch to century link or whatever, they can invest and get the speeds up. Markets work.

I don't mind paying for it. I mind being told what services I can use and what websites I can visit after I pay for it, which is the point of the regs. They said nothing about how much they can charge.

howeda7

Reaction score
The repeal hasn't been implemented yet genius.

howeda7

Reaction score
Of course you don't. Feigning ignorance of the ridiculous things done by R's is your go-to move. But if anyone questions Trump's weight you're here outraged about it.

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
Net neutrality activist ‘throttles’ street traffic outside FCC building

While the rest of you were crying into your cruelty-free glasses of vegan pond-water over the repeal of net neutrality, humanitarian and activist Rob Bliss was restoring freedom to American roads.

Instead of allowing traffic to rely on government regulations and oversight, Bliss decided the street in front of the FCC building in Washington D.C. needed a fast lane. So he created one. Using his bicycle to ‘throttle’ a lane of traffic, he offered commuters the opportunity to pay a simple $5 fee to take advantage of the newly created “fast lane.”

https://thenextweb.com/creative/2018/01/29/net-neutrality-activist-throttles-street-outside-fcc-building/

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Net neutrality activist ‘throttles’ street traffic outside FCC building

While the rest of you were crying into your cruelty-free glasses of vegan pond-water over the repeal of net neutrality, humanitarian and activist Rob Bliss was restoring freedom to American roads.

Instead of allowing traffic to rely on government regulations and oversight, Bliss decided the street in front of the FCC building in Washington D.C. needed a fast lane. So he created one. Using his bicycle to ‘throttle’ a lane of traffic, he offered commuters the opportunity to pay a simple $5 fee to take advantage of the newly created “fast lane.”

https://thenextweb.com/creative/2018/01/29/net-neutrality-activist-throttles-street-outside-fcc-building/
That's pretty funny.

Section2

Reaction score
Of course you don't. Feigning ignorance of the ridiculous things done by R's is your go-to move. But if anyone questions Trump's weight you're here outraged about it.
Question his weight all you like. It went far beyond that.

I'm not up to speed on pizzagate. I'm aware it's a thing but don't know any of the details.

Section2

Reaction score
I don't mind paying for it. I mind being told what services I can use and what websites I can visit after I pay for it, which is the point of the regs. They said nothing about how much they can charge.
I see, and has that happened to you? give examples of a website you tried to visit and were blocked, and which services you wanted to use but couldn't.

Section2

Reaction score
Like hell you never heard of it. Playing dumb when a stupid story turns up against your precious republican party doesn't fool anyone. Everyone knows that you spend the majority of your day arguing politics and surfing the right wing sites.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-alex-jones-pizzagate-apology-20170324-story,amp.html

i said I've heard of it. alex jones isn't someone I pay any attention to, probably why I didn't look into it more. No one I follow on twitter ever expressed anything but ridicule for pizzagate, and I didn't go any further.

Section2

Reaction score
I’d bet 30% of the posts on this thread that is so important to others are yours, deuce.
You know nothing about pizzagate but likely have dozens of posts on it. You don’t watch fox but you spout their babble continuously. You didn’t vote for Trump but you are his puppy. You claim to be a libertarian but religiously follow current repub orthodoxy.
The most predictable poster on GH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's still 20 pages left.
Go ahead and show me the pizzagate thread. I guarantee not a single post. This thread is the first time I've ever uttered the word.
I watch special report, I feel that I need to repeat that once a week. It's on Fox.
Provide a single example in which i don't espouse libertarian ideals. Is private roads repub orthodoxy? Can't constantly be both.

stocker08

Reaction score
i said I've heard of it. alex jones isn't someone I pay any attention to, probably why I didn't look into it more. No one I follow on twitter ever expressed anything but ridicule for pizzagate, and I didn't go any further.
Yeah....sure. :rolleyes:

But the literal end of the internet is a legitimate concern from who? That's almost as funny as pizzagate.....but not quite.

Top Bottom