NBA Finals Thread

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Golden State gets every call...again. Nothing new there.

Thompson gets thrown out for doing absolutley nothing.

Green continues to be an idiot.....again. Nothing new there.

Labron continues to amaze.

JR Smith continues to be an idiot....again. Nothing new there.

Exciting game.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
Golden State gets every call...again. Nothing new there.

Thompson gets thrown out for doing absolutley nothing.

Green continues to be an idiot.....again. Nothing new there.

Labron continues to amaze.

JR Smith continues to be an idiot....again. Nothing new there.

Exciting game.
Thompson should have punched JR. If Thompson gets suspended, so should Green and the Refs who allowed him to wolf and bate all night long.

The refs allowed/gave GSW 6 points in 2:00 min span in the fourth quarter with bad or none calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iceland12

Reaction score
Thompson should have punched JR. If Thompson gets suspended, so should Green and the Refs who allowed him to wolf and bate all night long.

The refs allowed/gave GSW 6 points in 2:00 min span in the fourth quarter with bad or none calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty much.

Oh and on Thompson, he should've punched Draymond Green too. That would have been the only contributions Tristan would have made all night.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Pretty much.

Oh and on Thompson, he should've punched Draymond Green too. That would have been the only contributions Tristan would have made all night.
Thompson and Green get into a fight and both are suspended = huge win for Cleveland. Please have it happen!

jamiche

Reaction score
Terrible ref job. However, Cleveland also did it to themselves. JR is the biggest bonehead in the league. All Thompson had to do was walk away. Draymont does that sh#t all of the time. Thompson and Love (stepping on the floor) will likely get suspended. The refs should get suspended too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gdizzle

Reaction score
Terrible ref job. However, Cleveland also did it to themselves. JR is the biggest bonehead in the league. All Thompson had to do was walk away. Draymont does that sh#t all of the time. Thompson and Love (stepping on the floor) will likely get suspended. The refs should get suspended too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agreed, it is not suspension worthy to talk. Green is really good at talking and instigating (remembering when he came to the barn for MSU also). Blame Thompson for taking the bait.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Hard to imagine very many people are going to watch this series? If it was playing in my backyard, I think I'd close the drapes!

Iceland12

Reaction score
Hard to imagine very many people are going to watch this series? If it was playing in my backyard, I think I'd close the drapes!
We know, we know, you're so mainstream. :D

The numbers throughout the playoffs have been very good. Unless it goes to 3-0 Warriors this series will do well too.

Warriors’ Victory Scores 15M Viewers To Be Most Watched NBA Game This Season – Update

(Updated 12:52 PM with viewership numbers) The Stanley Cup Finals hit the ice for Game 1 between newbies the Vegas Golden Knights and the Washington Capitals in Sin City on NBC, but the real sports showdown last night was on TNT in Game 7 of the NBA playoffs’ Western Conference Finals.

The Houston Rockets didn’t have an injured Chris Paul on the court once again, and once again the Golden State Warriors proved the victors with a 101-92 win in the first Game 7 of a Western Conference Finals since 2016, when the Warriors beat the Oklahoma Thunder.

As the Cleveland Cavaliers triumphed over the Boston Celtics in their Game 7 on Sunday to take the Eastern Conference crown, it means the 2018 NBA Finals will look a lot like they did in 2015, 2016 and 2017, with Steph Curry’s and LeBron James’ teams facing off again.

Scoring a 10.3 in metered market results, last night’s Warrior-Rockets game was the highest-rated NBA game this year on cable or broadcast. As in, LeBron James may be king, but Steph Curry clearly rules. That reign was further cemented by the 14.8 million viewers who tuned in for the match-up last night on TNT.

The most watched NBA game all season and the second most watched pro-basketball game in cable history, last night’s GSW WCF winner peaked with 18 million sets of eyeballs on the ball right near the end during the 11 – 11:15 PM ET slot.

Eclipsing the previous high of the May 27 Cavs-Celtics game by 13% in the early metrics, Monday’s Western Conference Finals Game 7 was also the second highest-rated NBA game ever on cable after the 2016 WCF Game 7 between the Warriors and Thunder.

In the metered markets and viewership categories, last night’s TNT game easily won the night on all of TV, including that big hockey game on NBC.

There wasn’t a Game 7 in last year’s Western Conference Finals, but overall this year’s series is up 48% from 2017 when it was on ESPN and 51% over the ECF on TNT. Viewershipwise, the 2018 WCF is up 45% over last year’s conference.

As for that Stanley Cup Game 1, it drew a 3.72 metered market rating for NBC, the best a Stanley Cup opener has done in three years. In the early numbers that’s up 7% over last year’s Game 1 between the winning Pittsburgh Penguins and the Nashville Predators. Power playing in a viewership of 5.3 million, the Stanley Cup opener is also up 7% in total audience for the third-best Stanley Cup Game 1 for the Comcast-owned net since 2006.

https://deadline.com/2018/05/warrio...als-cavaliers-stanley-cup-knights-1202398890/

monk10

Golden Gopher
Reaction score
Does the Woman's Softball World Series do better aslo? That is also more interesting then NHL.

stocker08

Reaction score
Boo Golden State. Draymond Green is a dink. Go Cavs. Go Lebron.

GO JEFF GREEN!!! The Celtics medical staff caught a heart issue during a routine physical six years ago that would have gone unnoticed otherwise. A five and a half hour open heart surgery with over an hour with his heart not beating. He was just as likely to be dead today, than alive, much less continue his NBA career. Despite all of that.....he made it through, recovered, made a major impact off the bench in game 6 and 7 of the eastern conference finals, and is now playing in the NBA Finals. He has a ten inch scar on his chest to remind him of how suddenly life can be taken away. Just an awesome story.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Does the Woman's Softball World Series do better aslo? That is also more interesting then NHL.
It depends on the uniforms. I think the NCAA should be more aggressive in appealing to a bigger target market

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Iceland12

Reaction score
Draymond Green should have been called for foul, lane violation, league says - ESPN

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The NBA's "Last Two Minute Report" for Game 1 of the Finals on Thursday revealed two infractions that should have been called on Golden State's Draymond Green in the waning seconds of regulation ahead of the Warriors' 124-114 overtime win.

The league said Green committed a lane violation by entering into the paint in order to establish rebounding position prior to George Hill releasing the second of two free throw attempts with 4.7 seconds remaining.

Hill missed the shot, leading to a wild sequence in which JR Smith grabbed the offensive rebound and dribbled out past the 3-point line with the score tied 107-107, rather than looking to score before the clock expired.

Had the lane violation been called, Hill would have been awarded another attempt to make the free throw.

The league also said that Green should have been called for a foul with 12.1 seconds to go for grabbing LeBron James' arm and affecting his freedom of movement. That contact preceded James' pass to Hill that led to Klay Thompson fouling the Cavs point guard and putting him on the line.

The Cavs were in the bonus at the time, meaning if the foul on Green was called, James -- and not Hill -- would have been the one attempting two free throws with the Cavs down 107-106.

James shot 10-for-11 from the free throw line in the defeat.

The L2M also offered an explanation as to why the charge call on Kevin Durant with 36.4 seconds remaining was overturned and ended up as a blocking foul on James.

"The crew was not reasonably certain whether James was in the restricted area after an offensive foul was called against Durant," the report said. "Upon replay review, it was confirmed that James was outside the restricted area. The referees also reviewed whether James was in a legal guarding position, which is an additional reviewable matter for this replay trigger. Replay showed James was not in a legal guarding position because he was turning his body and moving into Durant when contact occurred. Thus the initial call on the floor was overturned and James was assessed a blocking foul."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...d-two-missed-infractions-final-seconds-game-1

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Why is there two days off between games 1 and 2? They're not traveling. Game 1 and 7 (if there is one) will be 18 days apart. Ridiculous.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Kinda like that worthless Stanley Cup final where Vegas gets in as an expansion team. The books were cooked on that one.
As for Golden State, I'm hoping for a four game sweep and a complete collapse by Lebron. But, I have been a closet GSW fan since Rick Barry led them to a championship in the mid 70s.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Kinda like that worthless Stanley Cup final where Vegas gets in as an expansion team. The books were cooked on that one.
As for Golden State, I'm hoping for a four game sweep and a complete collapse by Lebron. But, I have been a closet GSW fan since Rick Barry led them to a championship in the mid 70s.
Granny shot free throws!

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I heard on the radio this morning, in yesterday's postgame Lebron said the deck has been stacked against him since he was 5 years old? Now THAT is an interesting quote!!

So a guy who was on the cover of Sports Illustrated at 16 years old, was nicknamed King James before graduating HS, got a Hummer H2 from his Mom for his HS graduation and was blessed with arguably the most elite set of athletic abilities and physical gifts of anyone in the history of the planet has "had the deck stacked against him"? A net worth of over $400M?

I guess I've been a little too harsh on him. I had no idea life has been so difficult up to now.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
I heard on the radio this morning, in yesterday's postgame Lebron said the deck has been stacked against him since he was 5 years old? Now THAT is an interesting quote!!

So a guy who was on the cover of Sports Illustrated at 16 years old, was nicknamed King James before graduating HS, got a Hummer H2 from his Mom for his HS graduation and was blessed with arguably the most elite set of athletic abilities and physical gifts of anyone in the history of the planet has "had the deck stacked against him"? A net worth of over $400M?

I guess I've been a little too harsh on him. I had no idea life has been so difficult up to now.
Ha!

Meanwhile Curry was barely recruited out of HS, played at a low-major D1 college, has the body of cross country runner and was passed over TWICE by our lowly Wolves...

Howl Wolves!!

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Game one was the Cavs to have. Road team usually only has one opportunity to steal the first two.

Side note: WTF happened to Kevin Love? Does he suck, or do they just under utilize him? He's nothing more than Ryan Anderson with better rebounding skills.

stocker08

Reaction score
Game one was the Cavs to have. Road team usually only has one opportunity to steal the first two.

Side note: WTF happened to Kevin Love? Does he suck, or do they just under utilize him? He's nothing more than Ryan Anderson with better rebounding skills.
K Love was our #1 option. He's secondary to Lebron now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Iceland12

Reaction score

Biggest question of the series should be how J.R. and Tristan are still in the league?

As for Love, and this is coming from a very non-Kevin Love fan, Love had 22 points and 10 rebounds last night and 21 and 13 in the game before. He missed the opener because he was in "concussion protocol". He's been their most dependable scorer and rebounder behind James nearly all season. This season he averaged 17.4 points, 9.3 rebounds and 1.7 assists a game. Hit 41.5% of his 3's too.

His playoffs numbers? 14.7 pts, 10.2 rb, and 1.5 assists. Shooting 33% on threes, with 1 less attempt per game.

How they utilize him is the usual question. He was never much of a defender except for being okay defending the pick-and-roll. He plays his best (in the opinion of many) when he plays close to the basket and slips out once and awhile to shoot a 3. His numbers were inflated here because they ran everything through him. Others then deferred to him on shots and he had far more opportunities to get an assist and a rebound.

The best part of his tenure here for me, was his last year. When it looked like he wanted to leave more than anything else. That meant his teammates, particularly Pek, didn't just stand around when there was an uncontested rebound. The look on Love's face when Pek would just step-in and take it was priceless.

"Hey, that was MY rebound!"

No it wasn't. :D

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Biggest question of the series should be how J.R. and Tristan are still in the league?

As for Love, and this is coming from a very non-Kevin Love fan, Love had 22 points and 10 rebounds last night and 21 and 13 in the game before. He missed the opener because he was in "concussion protocol". He's been their most dependable scorer and rebounder behind James nearly all season. This season he averaged 17.4 points, 9.3 rebounds and 1.7 assists a game. Hit 41.5% of his 3's too.

His playoffs numbers? 14.7 pts, 10.2 rb, and 1.5 assists. Shooting 33% on threes, with 1 less attempt per game.

How they utilize him is the usual question. He was never much of a defender except for being okay defending the pick-and-roll. He plays his best (in the opinion of many) when he plays close to the basket and slips out once and awhile to shoot a 3. His numbers were inflated here because they ran everything through him. Others then deferred to him on shots and he had far more opportunities to get an assist and a rebound.

The best part of his tenure here for me, was his last year. When it looked like he wanted to leave more than anything else. That meant his teammates, particularly Pek, didn't just stand around when there was an uncontested rebound. The look on Love's face when Pek would just step-in and take it was priceless.

"Hey, that was MY rebound!"

No it wasn't. :D
good post

Top Bottom