NBA Draft as it Might Affect Marcus Carr

Some guy

Reaction score
Pretty much. I don't think either has great odds, but the NBA/D-League is more likely than college it seems.
NBA for sure.
D league less so.

It would be really expensive to run the d league. More expensive than usual.
Im not sure the D league is a moneymaker anyways. But it is either going to make less or lose more than usual in this environment

Gopherbbdude

Reaction score
T-minus 7 days to decision time for Marcus.

Big for Gopher Hoops!!

WriterGoph

Reaction score
The new NBA season likely won't even start until the 2021 calendar year. Who knows what will be going on with international leagues. Seems like an awful time to go pro - especially if you're not projected anywhere close to being drafted.

die hard gopher

Reaction score
The new NBA season likely won't even start until the 2021 calendar year. Who knows what will be going on with international leagues. Seems like an awful time to go pro - especially if you're not projected anywhere close to being drafted.
Agreed although to be fair you could say it's an awful time to return to school with not even knowing if there will be a season and in person classes.

gopherguy15

Reaction score
That should pretty much seal his return. But we have seen delusions of grandeur before.
I agree with you, but just remember that's not always a slam dunk for coming back. Gonzaga's Petrusev wasn't going to be drafted either, and he's signing a contract overseas.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I agree with you, but just remember that's not always a slam dunk for coming back. Gonzaga's Petrusev wasn't going to be drafted either, and he's signing a contract overseas.
If he wants to play basketball this fall or winter, Europe is the most likely place that can happen.

Hopefully he will still decide to come back to the Gophers, even though there is no guarantee of basketball this school year.

restovich

Reaction score
No guarantee of basketball in either G league or Europe either. I guess it depends on what Marcus is thinking.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Agreed although to be fair you could say it's an awful time to return to school with not even knowing if there will be a season and in person classes.
At the very least, coming back to school allows him to maintain his scholarship and possibly finish his degree (this would be his 4th year out of high school). That alternative gives him at least some level of certainty in his life.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
At the very least, coming back to school allows him to maintain his scholarship and possibly finish his degree (this would be his 4th year out of high school). That alternative gives him at least some level of certainty in his life.
Very good point! Get your degree, young man!

Parcival

Reaction score
Praying that we get a season and Robbins gets his waiver. Exciting stuff.

howeda7

Reaction score
A B1G-only season that starts in January has a good shot at happening, IMO.

Mulligan

Reaction score
The conclusion of a scouting report in "The Athletic" on Marcus from an article about the early entry list.

"For Carr to get to the next level, he’d need to become a flat-out knockdown shooter in addition to his passing ability. He’d also need to cool off on the turnovers and figure out a way to be more impactful on defense. I wouldn’t rule him out totally, though, and he’ll have a chance to enter next year on my top-100 preseason list."

theczar

Reaction score
pretty stupid not to have him on a top 100 list

fair

Reaction score
The conclusion of a scouting report in "The Athletic" on Marcus from an article about the early entry list.

"For Carr to get to the next level, he’d need to become a flat-out knockdown shooter in addition to his passing ability. He’d also need to cool off on the turnovers and figure out a way to be more impactful on defense. I wouldn’t rule him out totally, though, and he’ll have a chance to enter next year on my top-100 preseason list."
I think good chunk of his turnovers were fatigue-induced. Hopefully Mashburn takes some pressure off him.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
A B1G-only season that starts in January has a good shot at happening, IMO.
You're really going to temp fate like that???

This is Minnesota, here. Of course, fricking of course, what would happen when we finally have our best football team since the 60's -- no season. And when bball is looking like it could be a surprise contender, with a bunch of pieces all falling into place when they usually don't work out like that -- no season.

die hard gopher

Reaction score
Cockburn and Ayo both back for Illinois. They also have two top 50 recruits coming in and two good transfers that sat out last year.

Cayman

Reaction score
Cockburn and Ayo both back for Illinois. They also have two top 50 recruits coming in and two good transfers that sat out last year.
I remember Illinois fans being concerned about Ayo being one and done. Coming back for a third year surprises me a bit. They’ll probably be pretty strong this season in that case. Would rather they win the Big Ten than Wisconsin or Iowa.

howeda7

Reaction score
You're really going to temp fate like that???

This is Minnesota, here. Of course, fricking of course, what would happen when we finally have our best football team since the 60's -- no season. And when bball is looking like it could be a surprise contender, with a bunch of pieces all falling into place when they usually don't work out like that -- no season.
I agree on football. And it sucks. Basketball could be decent. We're not B1G title contenders though, IMO. And we don't have our waivers from the NCAA Wheel of Random Decisions yet.

Top Bottom