NBA and China

tikited

Me
Reaction score
How about we just let people speak about what they want and stop complaining when we don't like what we hear? The GOP and democrats both are guilty, and it just needs to stop.

Let Morey bash China. Let LeBron or whomever call Trump a chump. Let people kneel during the anthem.

Don't people get tired of the BS. I know I do.
I agree with this.

Section2

Reaction score
How about we just let people speak about what they want and stop complaining when we don't like what we hear? The GOP and democrats both are guilty, and it just needs to stop.

Let Morey bash China. Let LeBron or whomever call Trump a chump. Let people kneel during the anthem.

Well look, it has been non stop ripping Trump all over the place all over popular culture and sports. I'm sure it seems like there's a lot of complaining, but the vast majority is ignored.

I think the point here: is this a partisan issue? Are Dems really supporting China over Hong Kong? That's how it appears. And is newsy.

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
China has gone crazy and sadly their population supports the government. Two Canadian businessman have been in jail for over a year as retlaition to the arrest of a Huawei executive in Vancouver (on US direction).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/huawei-meng-timeline-1.4989139

The present leadership in the US, China and Russia has me as scared of large scale war as I have ever been.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
China has gone crazy and sadly their population supports the government. Two Canadian businessman have been in jail for over a year as retlaition to the arrest of a Huawei executive in Vancouver (on US direction).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/huawei-meng-timeline-1.4989139

The present leadership in the US, China and Russia has me as scared of large scale war as I have ever been.

With the US present leadership, I am less scared of a large scale war as I've ever been. So we cancel each other out.

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
With the US present leadership, I am less scared of a large scale war as I've ever been. So we cancel each other out.
I hope you are right. It may be true that Trump's unpredictability is an asset with a place like China.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
In other words, it's ok to be outspoken about your beliefs, but it's not ok to be outspoken about beliefs in opposition to yours.
No, that’s not what I said.

I said athletes should keep their political opposition criticisms to themselves when they’re representing their team or sport, unless they are criticizing something so obviously contrary to American values, like a totalitarian Communist state. And if they are someone that chooses to criticize an opposing political view held by half the country, they are huge hypocrites and frauds if they’re not willing to criticize a totalitarian country that is lining their pockets.

And just to be clear, if an athlete wants to praise a political cause that they believe in, I’m okay with that. If they want to praise Obama or Trump or Biden, if their employer doesn’t mind them doing that while representing the team, have at it. But criticism without the express permission of the owner or organization is an issue.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
I hope you are right. It may be true that Trump's unpredictability is an asset with a place like China.
Confucius say:
However you construe unpredictability to be an asset in international relations and foreign policy, abject stupidity will abrogate that advantage every f*cking time. :cool02:

howeda7

Reaction score
Hypocrisy on both sides it would appear. Pretty sure conservatives spent the last decade complaining about politics in sports. Well here we are, NBA doesn't want to get political. Y'all got what you wanted! I believe the exact words were "Shut up and dribble."
Yep. A weak, pathetic attempt by OP to "own the left."

bga1

Reaction score
It's all about intent these days. We on the right believe that, based on words and actions the Dems intend to favor China over Honk Kong and for that matter over the USA.

bga1

Reaction score

..........Let the statues remain. Let the Ten commandments stay in public. Let there be prayer in school. Let their be free speech on college campuses. Let blacks be criticized the same as whites can be criticized. Let racism be applied to both sides. Let Trump say what he thinks about SH countries. Let go of the whole politically correct thing that is ruining our ability to discuss problems and reach common sense solutions.

Right now the new rules are that:

- You can talk badly about men and boys but not women...unless it is a conservative woman- then no holds barred.
-You can speak badly about whites, but not blacks or hispanics. But if a black is conservative- they can be called an uncle tom.
- You can speak badly about Christians but you cannot criticize other religions. It's okay to be a Christian if you allow that all other religions are just as true- otherwise you are a bigot.
- You can speak poorly about Trump and call him every name in the book but you cannot ask if Obama was really born in the US
-If Trump says he didn't do anything illegal- he obviously did. If Obama says he had a scandal free administration that was totally transparent- you must believe him
- If you love the USA, it is preferred that you don't say that because the USA is racist. If you love China or Venezuela - well that's being kind.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
..........Let the statues remain. Let the Ten commandments stay in public. Let there be prayer in school. Let their be free speech on college campuses. Let blacks be criticized the same as whites can be criticized. Let racism be applied to both sides. Let Trump say what he thinks about SH countries. Let go of the whole politically correct thing that is ruining our ability to discuss problems and reach common sense solutions.

- You can talk badly about men and boys but not women...unless it is a conservative woman- then no holds barred.
-You can speak badly about whites, but not blacks or hispanics. But if a black is conservative- they can be called an uncle tom.
- You can speak badly about Christians but you cannot criticize other religions. It's okay to be a Christian if you allow that all other religions are just as true- otherwise you are a bigot.
- You can speak poorly about Trump and call him every name in the book but you cannot ask if Obama was really born in the US
-If Trump says he didn't do anything illegal- he obviously did. If Obama says he had a scandal free administration that was totally transparent- you must believe him
- If you love the USA, it is preferred that you don't say that because the USA is racist. If you love China or Venezuela - well that's being kind.
You're so aggrieved. I'll pray for you.

Section2

Reaction score
You're so aggrieved. I'll pray for you.
the rules of our culture stink, and the resulting culture is rotten. I'm not personally "aggrieved," and neither is BGA. So? Shut up? Is this a principle we can apply to anyone in any time?

howeda7

Reaction score

It ain't easy being Beeg. You have it almost as rough as 2.

Section2

Reaction score
It ain't easy being Beeg. You have it almost as rough as 2.
No one should complain about anything if they aren't personally victimized. This is a good philosophy.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
the rules of our culture stink, and the resulting culture is rotten. I'm not personally "aggrieved," and neither is BGA. So? Shut up? Is this a principle we can apply to anyone in any time?
Every day is a struggle. Sad. :(

bga1

Reaction score
No one should complain about anything if they aren't personally victimized. This is a good philosophy.
Did I just hear the sound of you flushing Howie down the toilet? I am not complaining mind you...

justthefacts

Reaction score
Tremendously disappointed in Steve Kerr. He has a lot of money at this point. He should stand up for Morey, stand up for the people of Hong Kong, and retire in luxury if the Warriors/NBA fire him.

jamiche

Reaction score
It's all about intent these days. We on the right believe that, based on words and actions the Dems intend to favor China over Honk Kong and for that matter over the USA.
We on the left believe that, based on words and actions, trump and his supporters favor the Russians, the North Korean dictator, the Saudi dictator and the Turkish dictator over the USA. Trump is a weak apologist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Section2

Reaction score
Tremendously disappointed in Steve Kerr. He has a lot of money at this point. He should stand up for Morey, stand up for the people of Hong Kong, and retire in luxury if the Warriors/NBA fire him.
Or, maybe he really believes the US is worse than China.

theczar

Banned
Reaction score
Waiting for Lebron to man up and wear a Free Hong Kong headband during a game

Minnesota

Reaction score
Waiting for Lebron to man up and wear a Free Hong Kong headband during a game

Cool idea. Are you by any chance wearing a headband that is limiting the blood flow to your brain?

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score

Very well summed up. This is where we are today, which is pretty unfortunate.

Particularly the bolded; black people who support Trump are arguably among the most hated people among the left, just downright loathing. What in the world is up with that?

Top Bottom