National Vote by Mail - Do You Now Support It

howeda7

Reaction score
LOL, the search will show all who make the claim are progressive leftists.
My only fault is that I seem to have joined shortly after he/she left.
However, it's funny to see the obsession that this group have with a poster from the past who doesn't exist.
It's interesting that you know nothing about him but are certain he didn't exist. :unsure:

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Tiny goes back a ways on this board and I have to be honest, I don't think this poster remotely resembles them but what do I know. My recollection of the old tiny was quite a bit older, a little more pompous and proper and condescending.
I'm with you. I've never seen any similarity at all. All Tiny could talk about was God & religion. Every post, all the time. I don't think Howie does either, he just accused him when angry & refuses to admit when he's wrong. As usual.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Complete travesty. But that will happen in a very rushed timeframe on a first try.

Now they understand their challenges and can address them.
Correct. No chance of shifting the entire country over to a new system of voting in 90 days. It's a good project for New York to work on for 2022, and then we can all see how they've progressed.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
People who believe they can win don't have to demand to change the way we vote, avoid Presidential debates, or hide their candidate from the people.
When your opponent lights himself on fire and pours gasoline to accelerate the blaze, you let nature takes it's course and stay out of the way.

John Galt

Reaction score
Complete travesty. But that will happen in a very rushed timeframe on a first try.

Now they understand their challenges and can address them.
Of course they will. They’re the government.

MennoSota

Reaction score
H
It's interesting that you know nothing about him but are certain he didn't exist. :unsure:
He hasn't existed in the time I joined. Therefore he seems like a character you have made up. It's rather funny that a few of you keep bringing him up.

howeda7

Reaction score
Correct. No chance of shifting the entire country over to a new system of voting in 90 days. It's a good project for New York to work on for 2022, and then we can all see how they've progressed.
It's not new. Every state has absentee voting. There will just be a higher % than usual. Quit acting like it's some radical change.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
What is being suggested by most people is mailing the applications for the ballots. But in addition to that, most states don't allow no excuse absentee voting and won't add an exception for COVID. So you won't qualify for one unless you lie and say you're going to be traveling etc.

Send everyone an application. Allow anyone who wants to vote absentee to do so. Make the ballots and applications postage free. All other regular rules for absentee voting still apply. That's all that we're trying to do. The R's are viscerally opposed. Why?
Over a month ago, you were saying that it’s only applications that will be sent out. Now, Nevada‘s governor is planning to send ALL registered voters a BALLOT though it is estimated at 12% of those voters don’t live at the recorded addresses, and totally ignoring the possibility that many ballots could be used to cast a fraudulent vote. Ballots could be stolen, harvested, purchased, etc.

You have to keep changing your story.

Absentee voting is NOT the same as mass ballot mailings. You just want to make it easy for low life Dems to steal elections around the country.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
It's not new. Every state has absentee voting. There will just be a higher % than usual. Quit acting like it's some radical change.
Absentee voting & mail-in voting are two separate things, with separate processes and separate staffing needs. Quit acting like they're the same. As we can see, New York can't manage a primary vote, much less the entire country changing over to the new system, staffing & training in 90 days. It's preposterous.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Trump is a buffoon. Incompetent. The worst president ever. The government can’t do anything right with him in office.

I fully believe the US Postal service will guarantee election integrity and there won’t be fraud with mail-in voting...
I stopped in the Post Office in NE Mpls behind the Quarry last Thursday and there was a line all the way out the door. I spent an hour+ to see the lone cashier. People were complaining so the Manager came out & explained that due to Covid they hardly had any employees left, and were doing the best they could. These are the people that are going to suddenly process an extra 300 million ballots.

howeda7

Reaction score
Absentee voting & mail-in voting are two separate things, with separate processes and separate staffing needs. Quit acting like they're the same. As we can see, New York can't manage a primary vote, much less the entire country changing over to the new system, staffing & training in 90 days. It's preposterous.
No....they're not. Dear Leader endorsed mail-in voting in Florida today.

howeda7

Reaction score
Over a month ago, you were saying that it’s only applications that will be sent out. Now, Nevada‘s governor is planning to send ALL registered voters a BALLOT though it is estimated at 12% of those voters don’t live at the recorded addresses, and totally ignoring the possibility that many ballots could be used to cast a fraudulent vote. Ballots could be stolen, harvested, purchased, etc.

You have to keep changing your story.

Absentee voting is NOT the same as mass ballot mailings. You just want to make it easy for low life Dems to steal elections around the country.
That's not what the Federal legislation is about and it is not what most states are doing. Do you think the Federal government has the right to tell Nevada how to run their election?

John Galt

Reaction score
I stopped in the Post Office in NE Mpls behind the Quarry last Thursday and there was a line all the way out the door. I spent an hour+ to see the lone cashier. People were complaining so the Manager came out & explained that due to Covid they hardly had any employees left, and were doing the best they could. These are the people that are going to suddenly process an extra 300 million ballots.
I bet CNN has interns that can volunteer for a month to help with the surge...

justthefacts

Reaction score
Yeah, he’s against mass mailing of ballots to old lists of registered voters. Trump is in favor of our current absentee voting process.

This isn’t that complicated.
Except he has railed repeatedly against ALL VBM. Given that Florida allows VBM for no reason (ie, not absentee) its quite clear that someone has finally reasoned with him

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
There will be about 130 million voters. Around 25-30 million already go through the mail. So we'd be talking 100 million more ballots by mail if everyone did it.

Not all people will vote by mail. You'll probably see an increase of 40-50 million mail-in ballots.

The Postal Service processes about 20 million pieces of mail an hour. So we're talking 2-3 hours worth of work spread over 2 months.

This won't be a problem to process at all as long as people don't wait until the last minute, and as long as Trump or his goons muck up the USPS. Besides, the word is getting out to send in ballots right away. We're all good.

John Galt

Reaction score
No....they're not. Dear Leader endorsed mail-in voting in Florida today.
You really don’t understand- many of us aren’t bots that go along with a party like you do at every turn. I’m opposed to wide spread mail-in voting regardless of whether Trump supports it or not.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
You really don’t understand- many of us aren’t bots that go along with a party like you do at every turn. I’m opposed to wide spread mail-in voting regardless of whether Trump supports it or not.
Yeah, but you're stupid.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
There will be about 130 million voters. Around 25-30 million already go through the mail. So we'd be talking 100 million more ballots by mail if everyone did it.

Not all people will vote by mail. You'll probably see an increase of 40-50 million mail-in ballots.

The Postal Service processes about 20 million pieces of mail an hour. So we're talking 2-3 hours worth of work spread over 2 months.

This won't be a problem to process at all as long as people don't wait until the last minute, and as long as Trump or his goons muck up the USPS. Besides, the word is getting out to send in ballots right away. We're all good.
100 million more....each way.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
This won't be a problem to process at all as long as people don't wait until the last minute
What if they do? You think people who're not capable of acquiring a photo ID, will be on top of things and get those mail-in votes out early?

Last edited:

howeda7

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if you're "opposed." You can't say absentee balloting is OK for some people but suddenly not OK if too many people do it. It doesn't work that way.

John Galt

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if you're "opposed." You can't say absentee balloting is OK for some people but suddenly not OK if too many people do it. It doesn't work that way.
Of course it works that way. There’s a huge difference between processing 100 mail-in ballots vs 100,000.

Top Bottom