National Council of Churches

USAF

Reaction score
Yes. The organization that promotes syncretism and it's members ordain transsexuals as ministers wants Trump out. "Faith Leaders".
Those things are bad?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Yes. The organization that promotes syncretism and it's members ordain transsexuals as ministers wants Trump out. "Faith Leaders".
What's wrong with syncretism and transsexual ministers?

MennoSota

Reaction score
This organization is similar to the council of churches that China allows. Basically, it's atheists posing as church leaders.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
That's not what syncretism is.
the amalgamation or attempted amalgamation of different religions, cultures, or schools of thought.

Why wouldn't that be better? Also, why wouldn't it be better to bring as many people under Christianity's tent as want to be there. Gay, trans, etc.?

USAF

Reaction score
the amalgamation or attempted amalgamation of different religions, cultures, or schools of thought.

Why wouldn't that be better? Also, why wouldn't it be better to bring as many people under Christianity's tent as want to be there. Gay, trans, etc.?
Dude! We can't have icky people in the church! It's right there in the old testament!

Blizzard

Reaction score

That seems like an odd question but here goes anyway:

This is what Jesus said in John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me.
Can you see any ambiguity in that statement at all?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
That seems like an odd question but here goes anyway:

This is what Jesus said in John 14:6

Can you see any ambiguity in that statement at all?
I don't understand what you're arguing. Surely, being "brought into the tent" requires belief in Jesus.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
He also really disliked the Neil Young album of the same name.

Blizzard

Reaction score
I don't understand what you're arguing. Surely, being "brought into the tent" requires belief in Jesus.
You asked why syncretism would be better. That is the answer. Is Jesus the way, truth, and life or isn't He?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
You asked why syncretism would be better. That is the answer. Is Jesus the way, truth, and life or isn't He?
And I replied that they would have to believe in Jesus to be brought under the tent.

So what about the rest of it?

Blizzard

Reaction score
And I replied that they would have to believe in Jesus to be brought under the tent.

So what about the rest of it?
So you believe then that they would renounce their false gods and confess Jesus Christ as Lord and believe in their hearts that he was resurrected from the dead? That sounds, to me at least, that they would be supportive of rejecting syncretism.

The rest of it? The Bible is fairly specific. One man, one woman for life. Our hearts should go out to those who struggle with sexual sin and it is far more than being gay or trans. Sexual sins have many different shapes, not just those two.

Nax5

Reaction score
One man, one woman for life. Our hearts should go out to those who struggle with sexual sin and it is far more than being gay or trans. Sexual sins have many different shapes, not just those two.
I hope you know that most churches don't even preach what you're saying these days. You're gunna left behind.

howeda7

Reaction score
I hope you know that most churches don't even preach what you're saying these days. You're gunna left behind.
And the ones that do still preach this have an average membership age approaching 70.

Blizzard

Reaction score
Neither does my church which is fairly conservative doctrinally. That doesn't make it any less true.

Nax5

Reaction score
Neither does my church which is fairly conservative doctrinally. That doesn't make it any less true.
If you believe that, then why not find a new church? Like Westboro Baptist or something.

Blizzard

Reaction score
Saying you believe in Jesus, actually believing in Jesus, and living your life as a Christian are entirely separate concepts.
True.

True Christians have almost nothing in common with Evangelical Christians who support Trump and other right wing politicians who govern like they're in league with Satan.
False.

Top Bottom