Nancy Pelosi...

justthefacts

Reaction score
One of the more ignorant and partisan things Nancy Pelosi has said, “make America white again”.

She originally made those comments about Trump wanting to ask the citizenship question on the census. Counting people doesn’t change the racial make up of the country.

But this appears to be a narrative that she has decided to pursue. Dems are so used to defaming Republicans with insults, that they’ve begun to do it to each other when things don’t go their way.

And, Nancy is trying to calm the rift between her and “the Squad”. What better way than to use Trump as a deflection?
ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING? Trump said four minority American citizens need to go back to where they came from! AMERICAN CITIZENS! Three of them were born here! Your party has sold its soul to a racist megalomaniac.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:

DEGopher

Reaction score
ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING? Trump said four minority American citizens need to go back to where they came from! AMERICAN CITIZENS! Three of them were born here! Your party has sold its soul to a racist megalomaniac.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
According to AOC, the leadership in both parties are racist, so I guess there really is no choice but to chose a racist.

Further, it’s not like Trump is the first racist president. For every president before Trump, I can find someone who will tell me that they were racist.

justthefacts

Reaction score
According to AOC, the leadership in both parties are racist, so I guess there really is no choice but to chose a racist.

Further, it’s not like Trump is the first racist president. For every president before Trump, I can find someone who will tell me that they were racist.
Ah, the old, "people have done it before, may as well continue it" defense. You might want to try thinking about what the application of that logic to other countries would look like.

At least we've moved past the "Trump isn't racist" phase and into the "racism is totally acceptable" phase.

DEGopher

Reaction score
Ah, the old, "people have done it before, may as well continue it" defense. You might want to try thinking about what the application of that logic to other countries would look like.
I most certainly didn’t say that, and it wasn’t my point at all.

Why would you attach my actual quote, and then be so foolish to falsely state that it includes words that aren’t included? Seriously, your own behavior has convicted you of your disingenuousness and your willingness to make false statements.

Try again and read it slowly this time. Perhaps you will actually understand my post.

Last edited:

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
How about this angle (not necessarily saying I believe this - but it is plausible):

Trump - the person - is not 'racist.' But Trump - the politician - is willing to say things that may sound racist in order to appeal to a certain segment of voters. He uses immigration as a wedge issue. It is more calculated than some think.

and as DE suggested, it's becoming just another finger-pointing battle - "your party is racist" - "no, your party is racist."

Which, I could argue, turns a real issue - racism - into a political issue, and dulls the impact. If everybody is a racist, then nobody is a racist, if you get my drift.

DEGopher

Reaction score
How about this angle (not necessarily saying I believe this - but it is plausible):

Trump - the person - is not 'racist.' But Trump - the politician - is willing to say things that may sound racist in order to appeal to a certain segment of voters. He uses immigration as a wedge issue. It is more calculated than some think.

and as DE suggested, it's becoming just another finger-pointing battle - "your party is racist" - "no, your party is racist."

Which, I could argue, turns a real issue - racism - into a political issue, and dulls the impact. If everybody is a racist, then nobody is a racist, if you get my drift.
SON, you captured my thoughts well. You are spot on that racism is nothing more than a political issue/accusation that translates into nothing more than “You don’t agree with me, so now I am mad at you.”

Regarding Trump, I have no idea what to make of him, and I have stopped trying sometime ago. I know what he does that I like and I know what I don’t, but I can’t predict what he is going to do next and I certainly have no good explanation of him.

Last edited:

justthefacts

Reaction score

Before Trump was President he made a big deal about the first black President not being born in the US.

Section2

Reaction score
Inaccurate and out of context. Shouldn’t have to do that if what he said is so awful. I 100% agree with trumps comments with respect to Omar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruze

Reaction score
Inaccurate and out of context. Shouldn’t have to do that if what he said is so awful. I 100% agree with trumps comments with respect to Omar.
Since you're not president of the U.S. no one cares what you think about an American citizen and elected representative to the U.S. Congress. Presidents are an entirely different matter. Most American's expect their presidents to behave with class and dignity at all times. Unlike senators and representatives the president represents every American no matter what their religious or political beliefs. Many of the Trumpster's supporters continue to have an extremely low bar about how presidents should conduct themselves while they are in office.

Last edited:

justthefacts

Reaction score

He was talking about Congresswomen. Plural. Which ones?

Section2

Reaction score
Justin Amash is an outlier. Unlike most of his brethren, Justin Amash truly cares about the country.
You say that ONLY because he helps your cause against Trump.

Section2

Reaction score
Agreed. The Trumpster's statement is only a lie by a racist and a bigot. Big difference.
It wasn’t true, whether Trump knew it or not, I don’t know.
It’s not bigoted. There are plenty of reasons to think he may have been born outside the US. So what? In no way is it racist or bigoted. He was raised in Indonesia.

Section2

Reaction score
Since you're not president of the U.S. no one cares what you think about an American citizen and elected representative to the U.S. Congress. Presidents are an entirely different matter. Most American's expect their presidents to behave with class and dignity at all times. Unlike senators and representatives the president represents every American no matter what their religious or political beliefs. Many of the Trumpster's supporters continue to have an extremely low bar about how presidents should conduct themselves while they are in office.
If your point is that it’s a classless thing to say, fine. He says tons of things that are classless. I don’t like it either. We can say and think that without lying about what he said or taking it out of context.

Section2

Reaction score
He was talking about Congresswomen. Plural. Which ones?
He didn’t say. If you have no objection to the tweet if he had only addressed Omar, please say so.
If you object to that part, then let’s hash that out.

justthefacts

Reaction score
He didn’t say. If you have no objection to the tweet if he had only addressed Omar, please say so.
If you object to that part, then let’s hash that out.

If you want to say that Ilhan Omar doesn't have a right to demand change despite it being her literal job because she wasn't born here, I'd think it was illogical nonsense, but I suppose you could claim it wasn't racism. When the Television Watcher in Chief sees a thing about 4 women of color and says they should all go back to where they came from, and 3 of them WERE born here, there's no explanation other than racism.

DEGopher

Reaction score
, there's no explanation other than racism.
The following, according t the Merriam-Webster dictionary, are the definitions of the word Racism

racism noun
rac·​ism | \ ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi- \
Definition of racism
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
b : a political or social system founded on racism
3 : racial prejudice or discrimination

Please select which definition you apply to Trumps tweet to label it as racist.

Last edited:

justthefacts

Reaction score
Um, 3. He thinks their views aren't valid because they're not white. He pre-judged them. Was that supposed to be a challenge?

I guess it was hard in that all 3 are applicable.

Last edited:

DEGopher

Reaction score
Um, 3. He thinks their views aren't valid because they're not white. He pre-judged them. Was that supposed to be a challenge?

Apparently it was a challenge for you, since you failed. The only way you could tie it to a definition is by projecting what you want his motivation to be, not found in the tweet itself.

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
If you want to say that Ilhan Omar doesn't have a right to demand change despite it being her literal job because she wasn't born here, I'd think it was illogical nonsense, but I suppose you could claim it wasn't racism. When the Television Watcher in Chief sees a thing about 4 women of color and says they should all go back to where they came from, and 3 of them WERE born here, there's no explanation other than racism.
No one said anything about “rights”.
These 4 are the most radical members of Congress, so it seems a little rich to pretend the only thing notable about them is that they aren’t white.

Section2

Reaction score

That’s not what he said at all. That’s my issue with you. You shouldn’t need to twist what he said but you do.

justthefacts

Reaction score
No one said anything about “rights”.
These 4 are the most radical members of Congress, so it seems a little rich to pretend the only thing notable about them is that they aren’t white.

Good to see you're now admitting which 4 he is talking about.

Now that we have settled that, he said they should go back to their countries to fix their problems. Why would he say that about Presley, AOC, or even Tlaib? Because of their radical views?

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score

I didn’t defend Trump’s tweet. I thought it was stupid and impulsive. If he’s going to tweet, he needs to get his facts straight beforehand.

I was commenting on Pelosi’s “make America white again” claim. Disparaging Trump, Republicans and Trump supporters with a comment like that, effectively calling him and his supporters racists, is disgusting rhetoric. It’s as bad as anything that Trump has said.

So don’t give me the “effing kidding me” sh!t.

We have different political opinions than you and believe in a different approach to solving problems, but that doesn’t make us racists.

Counting legal citizens in the US to better determine the distribution of government resources, congressional representatives, etc. is not an act of racism. But, when they can’t argue with logic and rationality, demeaning the character of the opponent is the way that she has chosen to go.

Pelosi first made this quote is response to the census citizen question. She has continued it to try to mend the rift between her and “the Squad”, and she used Trump’s stupid tweet to continue the narrative.

DEGopher

Reaction score
Why would he say that about Presley, AOC, or even Tlaib? Because of their radical views?
Yeah, and because he either misspoke/or is ignorant to the fact that Ohmar is the only foreign born one of the group.

Why is it all about racism with you? Are you suffering from what the medical community calls psychological projection?

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism that occurs when a conflict arises between your unconscious feelings and your conscious beliefs. In order to subdue this conflict, you attribute these feelings to someone or something else.

Maybe you need to seek some help.

justthefacts

Reaction score
I didn’t defend Trump’s tweet. I thought it was stupid and impulsive. If he’s going to tweet, he needs to get his facts straight beforehand.

I was commenting on Pelosi’s “make America white again” claim. Disparaging Trump, Republicans and Trump supporters with a comment like that, effectively calling him and his supporters racists, is disgusting rhetoric. It’s as bad as anything that Trump has said.

So don’t give me the “effing kidding me” sh!t.

We have different political opinions than you and believe in a different approach to solving problems, but that doesn’t make us racists.

Counting legal citizens in the US to better determine the distribution of government resources, congressional representatives, etc. is not an act of racism. But, when they can’t argue with logic and rationality, demeaning the character of the opponent is the way that she has chosen to go.

Pelosi first made this quote is response to the census citizen question. She has continued it to try to mend the rift between her and “the Squad”, and she used Trump’s stupid tweet to continue the narrative.
I don't think you're racist. I think assuming people of color are from another country and should go back there is pretty much exactly what the phrase "make America white again" would mean. And that's racist. He didn't have a typo; he pluralized three different words. But Trump tweeted that, not you.

This answers DE's question as well, although it doesn't seem to have been in good faith given he proceeded to insult me personally.

Section2

Reaction score
Good to see you're now admitting which 4 he is talking about.

Now that we have settled that, he said they should go back to their countries to fix their problems. Why would he say that about Presley, AOC, or even Tlaib? Because of their radical views?
It’s not settled. He used no names. I think it’s a fair guess. But I know that’s who you are referring to.

I couldn’t defend the statement for anyone except Omar.

Section2

Reaction score
I don't think you're racist. I think assuming people of color are from another country and should go back there is pretty much exactly what the phrase "make America white again" would mean. And that's racist. He didn't have a typo; he pluralized three different words. But Trump tweeted that, not you.

This answers DE's question as well, although it doesn't seem to have been in good faith given he proceeded to insult me personally.
He has never had a grammatical mistake or typo in a tweet before?

Top Bottom