Mullah Omar

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
You didn't make me look foolish. I'm arguing that she's a star on the left. A counter isn't "I'm afraid of powerful women". That's stupid. You're more likely to exhibit fear of her or women or minorities in power by trying to deny that she's a star on the left. It's not just diversity, she is outspoken and a lightning rod. If you like what she says, you love her. She has 1.6mm twitter followers. Keith Ellison is also a first, and a minority muslim, he's never been on late night, and has 350k followers. Angie Craig has 15k.

You're arguing that none of this constitutes evidence. You are completely blinded by your desire to be right. I already conceded your point that being on a magazine cover alone does not constitute being a star. Congrats, you got me. Everything else, you lose badly.
I guess maybe we have different definitions of rising star? We should start there. When you say rising star I think you mean she's running for president or speaker of the house or some other position other than just being elected to the house in a district that would have picked a bottle of backwash if they had a D after their name.

Do you just mean she's more popular than you?

Section2

Reaction score
This is interesting from February of this year.

https://www.businessinsider.com/democratic-republican-congress-twitter-followings-political-support-2019-2

Social Media following of members of Congress
AOC 3.5 million
Pelosi 2.5m
Schiff 1.2
Omar 600k followers

top R is Crenshaw with around 300k.

Omar's twitter following has almost tripled since then. The definition of a rising star.

I'm so right it's embarrassing. She gets a TON of publicity. More than Amy K even. If that were just because Rs hate her fine, or Rs want the spotlight on her, fine. But then why do all these Democrat institutions give her so much time? Diversity? Really weak explanation.

Section2

Reaction score
I guess maybe we have different definitions of rising star? We should start there. When you say rising star I think you mean she's running for president or speaker of the house or some other position other than just being elected to the house in a district that would have picked a bottle of backwash if they had a D after their name.

Do you just mean she's more popular than you?
Facepalm.

Section2

Reaction score
Conceded. And your example was Jet magazine from the 60s. And I still conceded. That alone, fine, not enough. Still evidence. And there is OODLES of evidence.

Any concession from you that none of the late night spots, magazine covers, etc, constitute evidence? Haven't seen it. One of us has firm ground and the confidence to concede a point, and one can't. Jet!

GopherJake

Reaction score
"I don't want these things to matter or be important, so they aren't". Compelling.
Quick, SectionTool. Who is on this week’s all-important Vogue cover? Bet it’s another D operative/rising STAR! Wait. I’ll check the schools. I mean there’s a huge stack of Vogue magazines in the evil union teacher’s lounge!

Section2

Reaction score
Quick, SectionTool. Who is on this week’s all-important Vogue cover? Bet it’s another D operative/rising STAR! Wait. I’ll check the schools. I mean there’s a huge stack of Vogue magazines in the evil union teacher’s lounge!
Ok Howie.

Section2

Reaction score
Vogue magazines and Howie keep you pretty busy, don't they?
Why don't you make an assertion instead of hiding behind sarcastic insults all the time. That's Howie's tactic. Board already has corn pop.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Conceded. And your example was Jet magazine from the 60s. And I still conceded. That alone, fine, not enough. Still evidence. And there is OODLES of evidence.

Any concession from you that none of the late night spots, magazine covers, etc, constitute evidence? Haven't seen it. One of us has firm ground and the confidence to concede a point, and one can't. Jet!
I used to read Jet at the neighborhood barber when I was in to get pomaded and straightened.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Why don't you make an assertion
Sorry, I didn't realize you wouldn't be capable of cracking the code. My bad. Vogue is a fashion magazine. Nobody of substance gives two $hits what they have to say about.....well....most anything. That you are using Vogue magazine in an attempt to bolster one of your stupid assertions shows how weak and manipulable you are. Vogue magazine? Really? At least George used Glamour.

Is that assertive enough for you?

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't realize you wouldn't be capable of cracking the code. My bad. Vogue is a fashion magazine. Nobody of substance gives two $hits what they have to say about.....well....most anything. That you are using Vogue magazine in an attempt to bolster one of your stupid assertions shows how weak and manipulable you are. Vogue magazine? Really? At least George used Glamour.

S2 isn’t weak and manipulable. He’s just easily bent.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Why are we arguing if a magazine is mainstream or not? OK, because then being on the cover might prove that you're a rising star.

Why are we arguing if Omar is a rising star? OK, because if she's a rising star then her obvious crimes would obviously be a bigger deal.

Just want to make sure I'm still on the correct rabbit hole branch off a rabbit hole.

howeda7

Reaction score
Vogue Magazine: Picking the Democratic Party's rising stars since 2019.

Section2

Reaction score

Someone should tell Michelle Obama it doesn’t matter.
Vogue or any fashion magazine doesn’t matter to me. But only an idiot would argue they don’t matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Section2

Reaction score
Vogue Magazine: Picking the Democratic Party's rising stars since 2019.
Vogue is a part of the Democrat party. Just like CNN, the networks, Hollywood, etc.

You don’t have to be so public about your naivety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score

I didn't use jet magazine, you are getting confused in your old age. I used current day congresswomen who have been on the cover of magazines in the last couple years that you and I have not heard of, but oh man they are such rising stars!

You think 600k social media followers is a lot and social media following makes you a rising star in politics? That's your definition? Seriously? Any hot chick can get to 600k social media followers in 2 years (not calling omar hot). They are all rising stars?

And no none of the late night spots or magazines constitute evidence when they were all because of the wave of diversity that won in the election. Holy hell you are dumb. Your own links said all of this.

Section2

Reaction score
I didn't use jet magazine, you are getting confused in your old age. I used current day congresswomen who have been on the cover of magazines in the last couple years that you and I have not heard of, but oh man they are such rising stars!

You think 600k social media followers is a lot and social media following makes you a rising star in politics? That's your definition? Seriously? Any hot chick can get to 600k social media followers in 2 years (not calling omar hot). They are all rising stars?

And no none of the late night spots or magazines constitute evidence when they were all because of the wave of diversity that won in the election. Holy hell you are dumb. Your own links said all of this.
ok, well someone did. This is a dumb argument for a lot of reasons, but mainly because you think political stars are limited to running for president or speaker. By that definition, I'm obviously wrong. I don't know that anyone agrees with your definition, but I"ll grant it.

Yes, in 2019, I absolutely think social media following and tv appearances are the best measure of being a star. It's a relative measure. She's a politician. Her social media are political. You compare her to other politicians.

If you think evidence of being a star is not appearing on late night you're an idiot. Or you don't understand the definition of evidence.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
ok, well someone did. This is a dumb argument for a lot of reasons, but mainly because you think political stars are limited to running for president or speaker. By that definition, I'm obviously wrong. I don't know that anyone agrees with your definition, but I"ll grant it.

Yes, in 2019, I absolutely think social media following and tv appearances are the best measure of being a star. It's a relative measure. She's a politician. Her social media are political. You compare her to other politicians.

If you think evidence of being a star is not appearing on late night you're an idiot. Or you don't understand the definition of evidence.
Those were examples I used but not limited to just that. If you are a rising star in politics wouldn't that mean you are expected to move up in politics? Whats the next step for a congresswoman? Popularity on social media has nothing to do with it and it was a funny move after your on the cover of a magazine fail. But I'm the idiot :rolleyes:

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Oh and if you want to talk about Jet magazine talk to dolly. Not me.

Section2

Reaction score
Those were examples I used but not limited to just that. If you are a rising star in politics wouldn't that mean you are expected to move up in politics? Whats the next step for a congresswoman? Popularity on social media has nothing to do with it and it was a funny move after your on the cover of a magazine fail. But I'm the idiot :rolleyes:
I think being on a MSM magazine cover is strong evidence of being the star of a political party or movement. I was wrong that it was proof alone. Everything else you are laughably wrong on. She just got elected to the House. yes, the next step is to move up. We can see the future now, declare that she won't, and use that as evidence?

Just admit. You don't like her. You're sympathetic to the Ds generally. You wish she and AOC wouldn't get so much attention. But they do, and not just from righties. It's not that hard.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I hope you enjoy hearing people make fun of you for this thread for long into the future, because it's in your top 10. And that's a tough list to crack. Vogue magazine!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the insight, Madonna!!!!!!!!!

bga1

Reaction score
I hope you enjoy hearing people make fun of you for this thread for long into the future, because it's in your top 10. And that's a tough list to crack. Vogue magazine!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the insight, Madonna!!!!!!!!!
Omar was on the cover of Time. No longer a great publication but certainly MSM...

Section2

Reaction score
I don't get it. What exactly are you making fun of?

howeda7

Reaction score
It's amazing that someone who doesn't go to movies and thought SNL was cancelled years ago is so up on our pop culture icons like Vogue magazine. Not that there's anything wrong with it...

Section2

Reaction score
It's amazing that someone who doesn't go to movies and thought SNL was cancelled years ago is so up on our pop culture icons like Vogue magazine. Not that there's anything wrong with it...
Where did this "doesn't go to movies" thing come from that you've been desperately trying to push for the last few years? And also "thought SNL was cancelled?"

I'm assuming this is another example of Howie's need to change what I say and then argue against that straw men, and yet still loses. No wonder Hillary is his hero.

diehard

Reaction score
I assume you have found some elegant evening dresses in Vogue to purchase.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
I think being on a MSM magazine cover is strong evidence of being the star of a political party or movement. I was wrong that it was proof alone. Everything else you are laughably wrong on. She just got elected to the House. yes, the next step is to move up. We can see the future now, declare that she won't, and use that as evidence?

Just admit. You don't like her. You're sympathetic to the Ds generally. You wish she and AOC wouldn't get so much attention. But they do, and not just from righties. It's not that hard.
Of course I don't like Omar, I think she's an idiot and a bad representative from our state. AOC on the other hand I love for the entertainment because she isn't a representative of my state.

Thanks for agreeing with me the next step for a political star is to move up. So where is Omar pegged to move up to? If she's such a star people must be talking about that move up? Leadership roles etc? You are so far off on this it isn't even funny anymore, you are just embarrassing yourself but keep digging.

Top Bottom