Ms Nevada

Section2

Reaction score
Could she not say whatever she wanted on her personal face book account? On the gram? (is thathow the cool kids say it now?)
did you read the stupid story? she created a second personal FB acct. Her official pageant account was scrubbed of any political message as requested. This lunatic pageant CEO “continued to screen shot my page, my personal page, and email me about how she was disappointed and she didn’t agree with it and that I needed to speak with her on the phone,”

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
did you read the stupid story? she created a second personal FB acct. Her official pageant account was scrubbed of any political message as requested. This lunatic pageant CEO “continued to screen shot my page, my personal page, and email me about how she was disappointed and she didn’t agree with it and that I needed to speak with her on the phone,”
Sounds like an adult trying to mentor a lost young person.

Section2

Reaction score
It's not about censoring. It's about shaming.

Right now, anyone with non-Liberal viewpoints are being shamed for thinking so; it's particularly bad for any minority or female minority who dares to express any pro-conservative opinions. The last thing the Liberal whacks want is for minority dissension in the ranks, especially getting closer to the 2020 election.
In this case it's literal censoring, but I agree with your broader point.

And it's actually worse than shaming. Now anyone except progressives are basically Nazi's. Gee, that couldn't possibly lead to violence.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
In this case it's literal censoring, but I agree with your broader point.

And it's actually worse than shaming. Now anyone except progressives are basically Nazi's. Gee, that couldn't possibly lead to violence.
It's funny old righties like you use this term way more than any of the progressives around here.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
yes, exactly. the told her to keep a separate page. She did. They kicked her out.
I'm pretty sure you have repeatedly fought for companies to be able to do just this. But now since it's someone who shares your values it's not OK. I think there is a word for this...

Section2

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you have repeatedly fought for companies to be able to do just this. But now since it's someone who shares your values it's not OK. I think there is a word for this...
Ok fine, now we're all ok with discrimination for any reason? Fine with me. I"m first in line. The only acceptable discrimination is against Rs? I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with this stupid double standard?! BB is totally confused? So strange, he can't connect the dots.

I've said it 100 times. I'm ok with ANY set of rules you lunatics want to propose. But I will hold you to them. Done with you in this thread as well. Your brain was lost today.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Ok fine, now we're all ok with discrimination for any reason? Fine with me. I"m first in line. The only acceptable discrimination is against Rs? I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with this stupid double standard?! BB is totally confused? So strange, he can't connect the dots.

I've said it 100 times. I'm ok with ANY set of rules you lunatics want to propose. But I will hold you to them. Done with you in this thread as well. Your brain was lost today.
You've said over and over that companies should be able to make these decisions for themselves. Restaurants should be able to serve whoever they want for whatever reason. Now this company does this and you melt like a snowflake? Who has the double standards?

Section2

Reaction score
You've said over and over that companies should be able to make these decisions for themselves. Restaurants should be able to serve whoever they want for whatever reason. Now this company does this and you melt like a snowflake? Who has the double standards?
I'm sorry, am I calling for government action? Absolutely, anyone should be able to serve, hire, fire, any individual for any reason. Including this pageant. Did she just break the rules of no politics (which I completely endorse), or are they lefties who hate the right?

They can be the latter. It should be public. We can all vote with our wallets whether we think this is acceptable or not.

justthefacts

Reaction score
You will be able to rationalize any level of censorship and totalitarian rule until it hits your own doorstep.
Ha, "totalitarian rule." The only historical precedent for not allowing someone to be Ms Nevada is Stalin, I guess.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, am I calling for government action? Absolutely, anyone should be able to serve, hire, fire, any individual for any reason. Including this pageant. Did she just break the rules of no politics (which I completely endorse), or are they lefties who hate the right?

They can be the latter. It should be public. We can all vote with our wallets whether we think this is acceptable or not.
Thanks for confirming you are just a snowflake falling into death valley on a record day.

jamiche

Reaction score

searched miss america questions best answers. First link, 2 minute mark: "America loves our second amendment, but gun violence continues to be a tragic problem"

Damn I'm getting so tired of being right all the time. Think it was a one off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw3keBCFdUw

2nd question: the pentagon recently opened all combat jobs to women, some think this puts political correctness...:

3rd question: 17 states have passed stringent voting laws, is it too difficult to vote?

4th question: how do we narrow the gap between the rich and the poor?

Are you guys just this stupid or this naive? Jammer for the love of god and for the 100th time, can you please stick to one liners and insults?

These questions aren't just political, they are obviously from leftists. Howie could have written them for god's sake.
It is a hard, provable, demonstrable fact that deuce knows substantially more about beauty pageants than anyone else on this message board. It's not a feeling. It's not supposition. It's a damn fact. I admit that I was taking a guess about the nature of the questions ("What's your favorite color?", "Do you prefer badminton over shuffleboard?" "If so, why?", etc. etc.) Deuce stepped in with hard data and settled the issue. Nicely done. Now we know how he spends the two hours a day that he's not on GH.

Deuce, do you attend pageants or only watch them on TV/online? Do you prefer the state or national contests? Who is your favorite Miss America of all time? Swimsuit contest or talent show? Which one is a can't miss?

jamiche

Reaction score

A couple of posts ago you said you were done with this thread. That's a fact, deuce.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Haha. Mentally ill Loony Left. Very sad people.

Section2

Reaction score
It is a hard, provable, demonstrable fact that deuce knows substantially more about everything than I do. It's not a feeling. It's not supposition. It's a damn fact.
Correct. I bet I've watched a total of 1 hour of beauty pageants in the last decade. I know the questions are overtly leftist and political because I've watched 5 minutes of questions and they all are. If you've watched the same amount as I have you probably would never have noticed it.

But anyway, nice job of turning a decisive L around into a rip on me.

jamiche

Reaction score
Correct. I bet I've watched a total of 1 hour of beauty pageants in the last decade. I know the questions are overtly leftist and political because I've watched 5 minutes of questions and they all are. If you've watched the same amount as I have you probably would never have noticed it.

It absolutely was a loss. I don't have your depth and breadth of beauty pageant experience and knowledge. You are being way too modest about your expertise and passion on the topic. Were you ever a judge? That would be hard work, but I'll bet you'd be good at it. Just a feeling.

Props to you, deuce. Not a rip.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score

It must really suck going through life dissecting ever last thing into whether it leans left or not. No wonder you are so grumpy.

stocker08

Reaction score
The fact is this....she was told that she could voice her political stuff on her personal page. But she had to keep it SEPARATE from the Miss America stuff. Creating her own Miss America page and then posting her political rantings was clearly a violation. She, as herself, can endorse anyone she wants. But in the role of Miss America....she shouldn't have a political bias and shouldn't be endorsing anyone.

Couldn't handle that easy direction and now all the righty snowflakes are melting.

Top Bottom