Motorcycles!

OldBob53

Reaction score
Do you have one? What kind? As a younger man of 75 I rode a Kawasaki KLR650, a dual purpose on road and off road machine. 0 to 60 in 4.8 seconds, which isn't bad by automobile standards. Now, at 87, I'm contemplating buying another, more serious one, say a KTM 1290 Adventure R.

Top speed: about 155 mph. But very capable offroad in good hands.

https://images.app.goo.gl/KBKEg6eePY9ccs5X6

Last edited:

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Not worth it Bob. Might want to let that dream go.

I rode a Honda 400, then Kawasaki 440 LTD, then a Honda GoldWing 1100 from HS through some of college. Always thought when I started making money I would get a Harley. It's been easily within my means for some time now but I've all but let that go. Too much risk. One mistake, by you or more likely a nearby motorist, and it's over.

Maybe, MAYBE if I ever lived again in a much more rural environment but never, ever, Ever, EVER would I own and ride one in an urban environment. I can't believe the people who ride them in the city in major traffic. Stupid.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Not worth it Bob. Might want to let that dream go.

I rode a Honda 400, then Kawasaki 440 LTD, then a Honda GoldWing 1100 from HS through some of college. Always thought when I started making money I would get a Harley. It's been easily within my means for some time now but I've all but let that go. Too much risk. One mistake, by you or more likely a nearby motorist, and it's over.

Maybe, MAYBE if I ever lived again in a much more rural environment but never, ever, Ever, EVER would I own and ride one in an urban environment. I can't believe the people who ride them in the city in major traffic. Stupid.
Went to see comedian Jim Gaffigan a couple weeks ago. He says when he see someone on a motorcycle, his thought is “you’re dead!”.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Do you have one? What kind? As a younger man of 75 I rode a Kawasaki KLR650, a dual purpose on road and off road machine. 0 to 60 in 4.8 seconds, which isn't bad by automobile standards. Now, at 87, I'm contemplating buying another, more serious one, say a KTM 1290 Adventure R.

Hold off buying for another for 8-10 yrs. By then the MCs will be high-tech and go much faster!

OldBob53

Reaction score
Went to see comedian Jim Gaffigan a couple weeks ago. He says when he see someone on a motorcycle, his thought is “you’re dead!”.
"Better to burn out than to rust away"-- Neil Young. And I don't plan on burning.

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score

Do it!

Livingat45north

Reaction score

You should try combining the two -- off road at 155 mph. At least it'd make a great YouTube video

OldBob53

Reaction score
Also looking at the Triumph Tiger 900, another "adventure bike". It has only 94 hp compared to the KTM's 160 hp, but fast enough.

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
I've thought about it. Seems like a lot of fun. Got my license but haven't purchased the bike.
Would be looking at a bagger maybe.

Top Bottom