MLB pulling All-Star Game from Georgia is league's most important move since Jackie Robinson

Wally

Reaction score
Colorado, like several big west states, has some different requirements for voting b/c of the geographic nature of their state. Some more restrictive, like less days to vote early, some less, like mailing ballots to registered voters.

But what exactly is it that you take issue with the new Georgia law? The expanded early voting days? Dropping of signature verification on mail-in ballots? Required two Saturdays for early voting. Up to 2 Sundays for early voting? No excuse required absentee voting? Providing proof of state residency with a DL # or free provided state ID # with absentee ballots?

Just what is so restrictive?

Why restrict Sunday voting?
Who has voter drives on Sundays?

Why ban giving water to people waiting in line to vote?
Who waits in the longest lines?

You really don't think Republicans used lots of data to target the law?
Really?

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score

Really?

(1) The bill doesn't ban voting on Sundays. I would guess, in Georgia, religious people have voting drives on Sundays. I think there might be some religious white folk there too.

(2) Water is not banned. People are allowed to bring their own water or have water brought to them by friends and family. POLITICAL GROUPS are not allowed to pass out goodies. This was universally accepted as wise.

(3) I'd guess they targeted it against corruption.

You seem to have an incredibly low opinion of black people. They can't read a license? They can't bring a bottle of water? For 4 years, we heard nothing except that our last election was stolen, and how you want to make it easier to have outside influence? Do you know a lot of people who have robbed who then got rid of their security system? GTFO.

Over-dramatic F'n babies. It's incredibly easy to vote. If you're too dumb to figure it out, then good riddance.

howeda7

Reaction score

Really?
Exactly. It's pointless arguing in circles with him. The most egregious thing in the new law. the QOP taking over the election from any county any time they see fit, he dismisses with a hand wave about "hypotheticals." Then deflects to BUT THEY ADDED EARLY VOTING DAYS. There's no point.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Exactly. It's pointless arguing in circles with him. The most egregious thing in the new law. the QOP taking over the election from any county any time they see fit, he dismisses with a hand wave about "hypotheticals." Then deflects to BUT THEY ADDED EARLY VOTING DAYS. There's no point.
Pointless to argue when you have no points.

Answer my question from post #150.

You apparently can’t. So just ignore it.

howeda7

Reaction score
Colorado, like several big west states, has some different requirements for voting b/c of the geographic nature of their state. Some more restrictive, like less days to vote early, some less, like mailing ballots to registered voters.

But what exactly is it that you take issue with the new Georgia law? The expanded early voting days? Dropping of signature verification on mail-in ballots? Required two Saturdays for early voting. Up to 2 Sundays for early voting? No excuse required absentee voting? Providing proof of state residency with a DL # or free provided state ID # with absentee ballots?

Just what is so restrictive?
I take issue with:

-The QOP giving themselves the right to take over the county board if they don't like the result.

-Dramatically cutting the time for mail in votes the time for mail in ballots to be requested/sent back

-Cutting the # of drop boxes.

-Banning food and water for voters standing in hours long lines.

Adding a couple early voting days doesn't offset all the BS.

They wouldn't be doing any of this if Trump had won and they kept their Senate seats. I know it. You know it. The Georgia QOP know it.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I take issue with:

-The QOP giving themselves the right to take over the county board if they don't like the result.

-Dramatically cutting the time for mail in votes the time for mail in ballots to be requested/sent back

They wouldn't be doing any of this if Trump had won and they kept their Senate seats. I know it. You know it. The Georgia QOP know it.
So you are going to complain about the state possibly “taking over” the county board if there are issues with the election? Do you think that they’re going to just do this under the nose of the LW media without consequence? Of course, you have lots of evidence of this possibility b/c we know that the Republican governor, Secretary of State, and Elections Supervisor completely caved to Trump’s every whim in November 2020. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

I could be wrong, but I don’t think there were any drop boxes before Covid. Now it will be standardized by population. There will be plenty of drop boxes, but not too many to secure the integrity of. Too much logic for you?

They are NOT BANNING FOOD and WATER. Only from partisans giving it within a moderate distance from the polls. A non-partisan can give all the food and water that they want.

You think someone actually needs 6 months lead time to order an absentee ballot. 11 weeks, almost 3 months isn‘t enough? How does a person know that they will be absent 6 months in advance?

Finally, you alway obscure your answer with the obligatory ”if Trump had won” comment. We get that’s what you think. It doesn’t make it true.

You lose again.

BTW, you should really post the article that you get your talking points from. It’d make it so much easier.

USAF

Reaction score
For 4 years, we heard nothing except that our last election was stolen...
Oh FFS.

Nobody can ever take you seriously again.

The ease with which right wingnuts fabricate absolute bullshit is breathtaking.

Someone has been screaming "stolen election" all right, but it's been since November, and it hasn't been the center or left.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I take issue with:

FYI Fact Check on Objection #1 about the QOP:

The Law: [Local Precinct Oversight] The State Election Board may suspend county or municipal superintendents and appoint an individual to serve as the temporary superintendent in a jurisdiction.

The Times:
Calling this, "Another powerplay by Republican state lawmakers," The Times is eventually forced to admit there is a standard in place.

"The law does state that the bar for suspension is high: either a minimum of three clear violations of State Election Board rules, or 'demonstrated nonfeasance, malfeasance, or gross negligence in the administration of the elections' in two consecutive elections."

Sounds reasonable, unless the complaint is they are aware that those officials in violation are frequently Democrat Party members, which I am certain they do not want to declare.

You lose again. Does it get old?

howeda7

Reaction score
FYI Fact Check on Objection #1 about the QOP:

The Law: [Local Precinct Oversight] The State Election Board may suspend county or municipal superintendents and appoint an individual to serve as the temporary superintendent in a jurisdiction.

The Times:
Calling this, "Another powerplay by Republican state lawmakers," The Times is eventually forced to admit there is a standard in place.

"The law does state that the bar for suspension is high: either a minimum of three clear violations of State Election Board rules, or 'demonstrated nonfeasance, malfeasance, or gross negligence in the administration of the elections' in two consecutive elections."

Sounds reasonable, unless the complaint is they are aware that those officials in violation are frequently Democrat Party members, which I am certain they do not want to declare.

You lose again. Does it get old?

golf

Reaction score
From 2019

Over the past few years, Trump supporters in particular have made a habit of boycotting—for undetermined amounts of time—major companies that have allegedly disrespected their favorite president, their impression of American values, or typically both at the same time.

MAGA country has boycotted everything from CNN to the Oreo cookie; oftentimes making public display of themselves burning or destroying the offending merchandise.

We see coke and delta forced to make statements in georgia. MLB forced to move all star game.
Chikfila forced to stop giving money to salvation army.
In june, the anti def league and naacp joined to pressure companies to stop advertising on facebook until they stopped spreading hate and racism. These are a few of the companies that stopped advertising on facebook : North Face, Starbucks, Coke, Pepsi, Verizon, Ford, Adidas, CVS, and many others.
Media Matters regularly, successfully gets companies to withdraw advertising from conservative shows.

There is also pressure successfully applied from inside companies. NYTs Bari Weiss and NYmagazine Andrew Sullivan were forced out from pressure applied by employees in those publications, they werent conservative but also not acceptably woke.
Facebook employees have staged a virtual walkout to force change in that company.

Unfortunately, the left doesnt limit boycott to our shores. The BDS boycott is a global leftist affair.

The attempted boycotts listed in your link were smirked at by companies. Those attempted boycotts were ignored. They were not backed by significant numbers of media or by culture. Nor enough people as well to make a difference. Personally, i think that the right needs to organize and make its voice heard. I am not happy about this, but to not join the battle means to lose it.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I don’t have a NYT subscription, but the Fact Check I posted was in response to the NYT article.

I’ll post the link for you to read. 🤣

However, I believe the post that I made before rationally addresses such concerns. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that the GOP of Georgia attempted to interfere in the controversial elections results from various counties. Trump’s requests fell on deaf Republican ears. So conceiving of a future conspiracy, when one could’ve been attempted and clearly was not by the governing Republican leaders, isn’t a serious objection.

And two, the LW media would never allow it. The LW media is busy making false conspiracies as it is, i.e. 60 Minutes on DeSantis. Absolutely shameless media bias. Even many Democrats are pointing out the falsity.

howeda7

Reaction score
There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that the GOP of Georgia attempted to interfere in the elections results from various counties. Trump’s requests fell on deaf Republican ears.
There is absolutely no evidence of any voter fraud in Georgia making any of these changes necessary. But you don't care about that, do you?

The only one who stood up to Trump is the Georgia Secretary of State. Guess who just got removed as the head of elections in this very bill? The Secretary of State.

The QOP'er who's primarying Kemp said Trump "would have won" if HE were governor. Sounds like he intends to interfere in future elections, doesn't it? Just like the current QOP would have it if they could have. And now they can.

Fraud.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
There is absolutely no evidence of any voter fraud in Georgia making any of these changes necessary. But you don't care about that, do you?

The only one who stood up to Trump is the Georgia Secretary of State. Guess who just got removed as the head of elections in this very bill? The Secretary of State.

The QOP'er who's primarying Kemp said Trump "would have won" if HE were governor. Sounds like he intends to interfere in future elections, doesn't it? Just like the current QOP would have it if they could have. And now they can.

Fraud.
The Sec of State is being replaced by a committee. You‘d be complaining about that one man if he had acted differently.

Trump ripped Kemp relentlessly. In Kemp’s defense, he acted as he thought was within in constitutional limits.

It‘s really hilarious how you speculate on future conspiracies when you say one had clearly not happened, even though 10s of millions of people have reservations about the integrity of the election.

But let’s stick to facts howie. When we do that, you clearly lose. That’s why you want to speculate.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
(1) The bill doesn't ban voting on Sundays. I would guess, in Georgia, religious people have voting drives on Sundays. I think there might be some religious white folk there too.

(2) Water is not banned. People are allowed to bring their own water or have water brought to them by friends and family. POLITICAL GROUPS are not allowed to pass out goodies. This was universally accepted as wise.

(3) I'd guess they targeted it against corruption.

You seem to have an incredibly low opinion of black people. They can't read a license? They can't bring a bottle of water? For 4 years, we heard nothing except that our last election was stolen, and how you want to make it easier to have outside influence? Do you know a lot of people who have robbed who then got rid of their security system? GTFO.

Over-dramatic F'n babies. It's incredibly easy to vote. If you're too dumb to figure it out, then good riddance.
It doesn’t matter because Dominion and stuff. If there is any good example of how much the voting machine bull was bull, it’s that the remedies are on entry, not proces.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
MLB: how to screw your business in an already slowly dying league. Unbelievable how stupid these wokes are.

View attachment 12382
This dude is a total moron. He just kneecapped Georgia Democrats for costing Atlanta $100m.
Biden is trying to claim he didn’t endorse the withdrawal of the All Star game by MLB after the backlash started. But it’s clearly what Biden endorsed and encouraged on ESPN.

The hypocrite MLB commissioner won’t give up his Augusta membership. That would require personal sacrifice and he’s only interested in virtue signaling.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I don’t know what’s funny about this for a few 🤣ing.

It’s a known fact.

At 6 minutes until 7:15 of the following video, Biden encourage MLB to move the All Star game before it decided to do so and lied twice. 1st lie: about food and water. 2nd lie about ending voting at 5 pm.

1) 37 states prevent providing inducements and electioneering while in line including providing food and drink. Only poll workers can provide water.
2) He’s talking about early voting hours, NOT Election Day voting hours. Most states end early voting hours at 5 pm, including most lefty states.

Last edited:
Top Bottom