MLB pulling All-Star Game from Georgia is league's most important move since Jackie Robinson

golf

Reaction score
This letter from Marco Rubio to MLB Comm. Manfred is so awesome. And 100% correct. You woke douchebags got this one 100% wrong as usual.

Grand slam and/or hole in one here for Mr. Rubio. Wonder if Mr. Manfred will make the call?

golf

Reaction score
Grand slam and/or hole in one here for Mr. Rubio. Wonder if Mr. Manfred will make the call?

Read somewhere that number one rule of wokeness is to be sure your virtual signaling doesnt affect you personally. Mr. Manfred didnt think this through.

His fave animal : hippocritter

Last edited:

cncmin

Reaction score
Gerrymandering shouldnt be used by either side. Must be a better way.

Thanks again for informing me that the stand taken by these corporations was due to gerrymandering, not the voting rights bill. I was plainly ill-informed.

I do agree with you that the voting rights bill is written pretty fairly
I never said that the stance was due to gerrymandering. I am glad to see that you agree with me that voting should be fair and representation should be fair.

As for the GA voting legislation, maybe the better questions are such as these: what problems did the GA legislation actually solve? In what way did they make voting fairer? Was there nothing in that bill that even concerned you in the least? Why did none of that legislation address clear inequities in the GA voting process that actually do exist, such as extensive gerrymandering and severely long lines in urban areas?

cncmin

Reaction score
Gerrymandering has nothing to do with Georgia's new voter law. It's not addressed. You are blowing smoke to obfuscate the fact that there is nothing in the law warranting a boycott.
That's right. They did not address their actual problems and inequities. Ask yourself why not. But they did make inequities worse. Ask yourself why.

MennoSota

Reaction score
That's right. They did not address their actual problems and inequities. Ask yourself why not. But they did make inequities worse. Ask yourself why.
Ask yourself why you have reduced your argument to a conspiracy theory that has nothing to do with the law that was passed.

cncmin

Reaction score
Ask yourself why you have reduced your argument to a conspiracy theory that has nothing to do with the law that was passed.
You clearly have no idea what a conspiracy theory is.

golf

Reaction score
I never said that the stance was due to gerrymandering. I am glad to see that you agree with me that voting should be fair and representation should be fair.

As for the GA voting legislation, maybe the better questions are such as these: what problems did the GA legislation actually solve? In what way did they make voting fairer? Was there nothing in that bill that even concerned you in the least? Why did none of that legislation address clear inequities in the GA voting process that actually do exist, such as extensive gerrymandering and severely long lines in urban areas?

Still waiting for the parts of the voting rights bill that are so bad they justify all star game removal. Nobody has brought up gerrymandering regarding this issue so cant use that.

Donovan

Reaction score
Biden’s “Jim Crow on steroids” statement is absolutely offensive to folks who suffered under the actual Jim Crow laws. Just pathetic.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The 2020 election was the first time that either party finally figured out how to orchestrate massive, state-wide voter fraud, and get away with it scot-free.

Had to be done.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Correct.

Also interesting: these new laws became imperative immediately after Trump, Loeffler and Perdue lost in 2020.

Noboy panders better than Brian Kemp. I wonder if Abrahms takes another run at him?

Her profile is so big now she'll have unlimited donors.

justthefacts

Reaction score

The forms of ID are not nearly as restrictive though. The photo ID requirement has always been the sticking point.

And the signature match question is a red herring since mail voting in Georgia now requires a photo ID. That argument is like saying no longer require you to pay $5 to vote, but you must bring 10 pounds of gold bouillon

JpKImvk.png

pUine6e.png

howeda7

Reaction score
The forms of ID are not nearly as restrictive though. The photo ID requirement has always been the sticking point.

And the signature match question is a red herring since mail voting in Georgia now requires a photo ID. That argument is like saying no longer require you to pay $5 to vote, but you must bring 10 pounds of gold bouillon

JpKImvk.png

pUine6e.png

Hey! A state with reasonable voter ID laws! And guess what they have? High turnout and almost zero fraud. The issue? R's currently get their @$S kicked there.

Wally

Reaction score
NEWS: #McConnell in Kentucky calls actions of #MLB, #Coke, and #Delta in opposition of Georgia voting law ‘stupid.’ ‘My warning to corporate America is to stay out of politics,’ he says. ‘I’m not talking about political contributions, he adds.

Shut up and give us money....
POS should burn in hell.

Wally

Reaction score
From 2019

Over the past few years, Trump supporters in particular have made a habit of boycotting—for undetermined amounts of time—major companies that have allegedly disrespected their favorite president, their impression of American values, or typically both at the same time.

MAGA country has boycotted everything from CNN to the Oreo cookie; oftentimes making public display of themselves burning or destroying the offending merchandise.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score

JpKImvk.png

pUine6e.png

Wrong. They do not have to provide a photo ID to vote by mail under the new Georgia legislation. You may provide a DL’s number or state ID number. Signature verification has been eliminated.

74D2896E-A30B-41CA-B2FB-59D368E65457.jpeg

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Hey! A state with reasonable voter ID laws! And guess what they have? High turnout and almost zero fraud. The issue? R's currently get their @$S kicked there.
Colorado, like several big west states, has some different requirements for voting b/c of the geographic nature of their state. Some more restrictive, like less days to vote early, some less, like mailing ballots to registered voters.

But what exactly is it that you take issue with the new Georgia law? The expanded early voting days? Dropping of signature verification on mail-in ballots? Required two Saturdays for early voting. Up to 2 Sundays for early voting? No excuse required absentee voting? Providing proof of state residency with a DL # or free provided state ID # with absentee ballots?

Just what is so restrictive?

Last edited:
Top Bottom