MLB pulling All-Star Game from Georgia is league's most important move since Jackie Robinson

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Well, apparently MLB agrees with 'the leftists' on this one. Looks as though MLB doesn't buy it when Republicans pretend this isn't about disenfranchising people of color.

So, I guess that makes MLB 'leftist'.

So what about hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet?

scools12

Reaction score
Well, apparently MLB agrees with 'the leftists' on this one. Looks as though MLB doesn't buy it when Republicans pretend this isn't about disenfranchising people of color.

So, I guess that makes MLB 'leftist'.
MLB moved an exhibition baseball game because the leftist, media and corporate overlords screamed VOTER SUPPRESSION, DISENFRANCHISED and JIM CROW.

So brave.

Section2

Reaction score
This article gives some info on how companies are being pressure. Im just saying perhaps conservatives need to start doing the same.

Nah. Let Coke and Delta and all the giant corps make their bed with BLM and leftists. I don’t see why conservatives should care a whit. Pull all special tax breaks, stop fighting against corporate tax bills that harm big business. Turn your support to small businesses. BLM is using big business. They want them destroyed. Stop playing the game.

golf

Reaction score
Go for it. What would you pressure corporations to do, exactly?

Interesting question. Off the top of my head: pro life, 2nd amendment, social media, voting id, immigration. Would be good to have an outfit like Media Matters on our side as well.

howeda7

Reaction score
For sure and not proud of it. Point is does right need to ratchet things up to level we see during summers of looting/burning.
Is "ratcheting up" the same as "checking out"? You Fellas sure use some soft language when it's RW violence/civil war you seem to be pining for.

howeda7

Reaction score
Nah. Let Coke and Delta and all the giant corps make their bed with BLM and leftists. I don’t see why conservatives should care a whit. Pull all special tax breaks, stop fighting against corporate tax bills that harm big business. Turn your support to small businesses. BLM is using big business. They want them destroyed. Stop playing the game.
Lol. BLM had zero to do with this. But you can't help yourself.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Anyone who truly believes MLB will 'regret' this decision is delusional. And anyone who believes MLB will be the last powerful organization to take a bold stand against voter suppression had better buckle up, Buttercup. I think you have some big, big surprises coming your way.

The country is changing, whether you understand it or not. The vast majority of Americans will not abide an attempt to revive the stinking corpse of Jim Crow.
The Academy Awards say hello. Some things take time.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Interesting question. Off the top of my head: pro life, 2nd amendment, social media, voting id, immigration. Would be good to have an outfit like Media Matters on our side as well.

— Pro life: You'd pressure Coca-Cola et al to help the right overturn Roe v. Wade? That would be... interesting.

— 2nd Amendment: What, aren't there enough guns out there for you now? You want even more? How would you change the current gun laws, if you could?

— Social media: What would you like to see corporations do there?

— Voter ID: Go ahead. See if you can sell that idea anywhere outside the right wing echo chamber. See if any corporations would go on record as advocates for that. Good luck.

— Is there anything stopping the right from having their own version of Media Matters?

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score

Won't matter unfortunately, as you're in the minority (hehehehe) on those issues, so hence, it makes no sense economically to alienate those in the plurality.

The 2nd amendment requested changes, such as extended background checks and red flag laws are favored by a majority of the populace, just as a woman's right to choose is.

Immigration is too complicated for sound bites IMO as the support for dreamers and a pathway to citizenship show. Bush commented on how he was going to push for immigration legislation and would have won it before Cantor and the tea party came to DC.

Your party is on the wrong side of most issues per public polling.

Last edited:

USAF

Reaction score
The basic problem with this, of course, is that you're on the wrong side of every one of those issues.

golf

Reaction score
Then I’d say you guys should ratchet things down. A lot of blood has been shed in this country due to right-wing violence.

Left and right murder is bad. The issue is that the left uses mayhem rather than condemning it. Not only do dems/media not condemn the mayhem (Don Lemon comparing it to the boston tea party or cuomo the lesser saying there is nothing wrong with violence as just two examples), they say they are the only only ones who can fix the "problems". Looting/burning is welcomed as a chance to advance their cause and influence. Also of course a chance to blame republicans through such as racism . Thus, the next time there is an issue with police america will burn again to little resistance from dems/media.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Zero.
Absolutist Howie the hypocrite shows that he’s a fool again.
Howie in a week, probably...

I'll give you half a credit as Keith is someone I cannot stand regardless of his stance on the issues.

I personally don't know the lineage of The Masters to weigh in on it, neither do I have the interest to learn about it.

golf

Reaction score
— Pro life: You'd pressure Coca-Cola et al to help the right overturn Roe v. Wade? That would be... interesting.

— 2nd Amendment: What, aren't there enough guns out there for you now? You want even more? How would you change the current gun laws, if you could?

— Social media: What would you like to see corporations do there?

— Voter ID: Go ahead. See if you can sell that idea anywhere outside the right wing echo chamber. See if any corporations would go on record as advocates for that. Good luck.

— Is there anything stopping the right from having their own version of Media Matters?
Do a little research sometime into how companies donate to planned parenthood. You will be surprised.

Do a little research sometime into how many companies support gun control. You will be surprised. The right' s pisition is semi automatics or high capacity magazines shouldnt be banned.

Do a little research sometime into how many americans support voter id. You will be surprised. Would be a good idea perhaps to boycott big sporting events in states that dont have voter id requirements.

Of course there is everything wrong with the right having a Media Matters. That's the point. May not have a choice.

Point is that there is fertile ground for the right to leverage companies if the right chooses to do so.

Last edited:

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Left and right murder is bad. The issue is that the left uses mayhem rather than condemning it. Not only do dems/media not condemn the mayhem (Don Lemon comparing it to the boston tea party or cuomo the lesser saying there is nothing wrong with violence as just two examples), they say they are the only only ones who can fix the "problems". Looting/burning is welcomed as a chance to advance their cause and influence. Also of course a chance to blame republicans through such as racism . Thus, the next time there is an issue with police america will burn again to little resistance from dems/media.
I watched Cuomo and Lemon frequently this summer (not nightly) - they are much more my cup of tea than Hayes and Maddow - and while I frequently heard them advocate for the right for protestors to protest, I never personally heard them condone violence, rather I heard them condemn it frequently, just like Al Sharpton. Additionally, I personally never heard anyone on my side condone it in the MSM.

Did you personally see them say this or was it a clip on RW media?
Foxers like Mucker and Fannity are frequently wrong and even Fox has admitted in court filings that Mucker wasn't a new program, but rather commentary (last link). Their CEO has admitted they are entertainment (First two links). Section 8 has been identified as The Missing Link.

You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers

From the article - fist several paragraphs -

Tucker Carlson appears to be made of Teflon. Fox News' top-rated host has been repeatedly accused of anti-immigrant and racist comments, which have cost his political opinion show many of its major advertisers. Yet Carlson endures in his prime-time slot.

Carlson even attacked his own network's chief news anchor on the air, with no real consequences. That anchor, Shepard Smith, quit mid-contract shortly after Carlson went after him.

Now comes the claim that you can't expect to literally believe the words that come out of Carlson's mouth. And that assertion is not coming from Carlson's critics. It's being made by a federal judge in the Southern District of New York and by Fox News's own lawyers in defending Carlson against accusations of slander. It worked, by the way.

Just read U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil's opinion, leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

She wrote: "Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes."

Vyskocil, an appointee of President Trump's, added, "Whether the Court frames Mr. Carlson's statements as 'exaggeration,' 'non-literal commentary,' or simply bloviating for his audience, the conclusion remains the same — the statements are not actionable."
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

If your source is NewsMax, OAN or Alex Jones I don't have to refute their comments as they make Fox look like CBS News in it's Hey Day.

Last edited:

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I’m not a big ESPN guy, but back in the Kilborn and Olbermsn days, it was a channel wort watching.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Haven't Conservatives already stopped watching the NFL, NBA, NASCAR, and anything produced by Hollywood? Pretty soon they'll have to just go to local wrestling exhibitions as all other forms of entertainment will be boycotted

golf

Reaction score
I watched Cuomo and Lemon frequently this summer (not nightly) - they are much more my cup of tea than Hayes and Maddow - and while I frequently heard them advocate for the right for protestors to protest, I never personally heard them condone violence, rather I heard them condemn it frequently, just like Al Sharpton. Additionally, I personally never heard anyone on my side condone it in the MSM.

Did you personally see them say this or was it a clip on RW media?
Foxers like Mucker and Fannity are frequently wrong and even Fox has admitted in court filings that Mucker wasn't a new program, but rather commentary (last link). Their CEO has admitted they are entertainment (First two links). Section 8 has been identified as The Missing Link.

You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers

From the article - fist several paragraphs -

Tucker Carlson appears to be made of Teflon. Fox News' top-rated host has been repeatedly accused of anti-immigrant and racist comments, which have cost his political opinion show many of its major advertisers. Yet Carlson endures in his prime-time slot.

Carlson even attacked his own network's chief news anchor on the air, with no real consequences. That anchor, Shepard Smith, quit mid-contract shortly after Carlson went after him.

Now comes the claim that you can't expect to literally believe the words that come out of Carlson's mouth. And that assertion is not coming from Carlson's critics. It's being made by a federal judge in the Southern District of New York and by Fox News's own lawyers in defending Carlson against accusations of slander. It worked, by the way.

Just read U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil's opinion, leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

She wrote: "Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes."

Vyskocil, an appointee of President Trump's, added, "Whether the Court frames Mr. Carlson's statements as 'exaggeration,' 'non-literal commentary,' or simply bloviating for his audience, the conclusion remains the same — the statements are not actionable."
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

If your source is NewsMax, OAN or Alex Jones I don't have to refute their comments as they make Fox look like CBS News in it's Hey Day.

Here is a taste. I read and watched a lot of leftwing media as well. Escapes me how u can come to that conclusion.

MennoSota

Reaction score
U.S.—Democrats are condemning the racist racism of Georgia's racist election law. To show how very angry and opposed to the law they are, Democrats are refusing to read the law to find out what it actually says.

"Listen-- this law was passed by Republicans," said one Democrat leader. "That's all you need to know to understand this bill is pure racism and a billion-trillion times worse than Jim Crow. We will not legitimize this racist Jim Crow KKK White Supremacist voter-suppression hate-law by reading it to find out what's actually in it."

"I haven't read the law either, but the news told me it was racist, so that's all I need to hear," said local voter Caddy Shamberton, who is not a racist. "Whenever the news tells me something is racist, I will automatically hate that thing without taking any time to look at the facts myself. That's just common sense."

According to sources, several media figures attempted to read the bill in its entirety but collapsed on the ground in horrible agony from all the racism in it.

"Just trust us, it's racist," they all said.

justthefacts

Reaction score
U.S.—Democrats are condemning the racist racism of Georgia's racist election law. To show how very angry and opposed to the law they are, Democrats are refusing to read the law to find out what it actually says.

"Listen-- this law was passed by Republicans," said one Democrat leader. "That's all you need to know to understand this bill is pure racism and a billion-trillion times worse than Jim Crow. We will not legitimize this racist Jim Crow KKK White Supremacist voter-suppression hate-law by reading it to find out what's actually in it."

"I haven't read the law either, but the news told me it was racist, so that's all I need to hear," said local voter Caddy Shamberton, who is not a racist. "Whenever the news tells me something is racist, I will automatically hate that thing without taking any time to look at the facts myself. That's just common sense."

According to sources, several media figures attempted to read the bill in its entirety but collapsed on the ground in horrible agony from all the racism in it.

"Just trust us, it's racist," they all said.
D6YETaYXkAAusSX.jpg

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Here is a taste. I read and watched a lot of leftwing media as well. Escapes me how u can come to that conclusion.

What conclusion are you referring to?

That your source is a conservative media??? That's exactly what The Federalist is, LMAO. All the examples you cited are in the article from The Federalist website you posted (thanks), so to imply that they came from the leftwing media appears to be opaque at best?

I'm not going to go through all of them, however, Cuomo was obviously commenting on the root causes of why people were rioting, he never explicitly said they get a pass in that 18 second clip. I understand why it happened, just like I understand why it happened in the 60s when so many black leaders were assassinated. You may not and are entitled to your opinion in this country, just as I am.

Did some of the left MSM apparently say things I don't agree with after taking a cursory view of the article , Yes, all I said is that I personally didn't hear them (you can believe it or not).

If there wasn't Covid I would have been protesting non-violently as I have, just like I support anyone's right for non-violent protesting. I also believe that if anyone wants to break something then they are responsible for their actions and need to be held accountable. The above paragraph has always been my position on this forum. Furthermore, as previously stated, I don't find this summer's protests the same as the insurrection of January 6. Lastly, as I've previously posted, the majority of the killing were perpetrated by RWs using the riots as cover, Boogaloo Boyz are the most obvious ones (the Leftie in Portland who killed a RWer is just as repugnant to me).

Last edited:

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Do a little research sometime into how companies donate to planned parenthood. You will be surprised.

Do a little research sometime into how many companies support gun control. You will be surprised. The right' s pisition is semi automatics or high capacity magazines shouldnt be banned.

Do a little research sometime into how many americans support voter id. You will be surprised. Would be a good idea perhaps to boycott big sporting events in states that dont have voter id requirements.

Of course there is everything wrong with the right having a Media Matters. That's the point. May not have a choice.

Point is that there is fertile ground for the right to leverage companies if the right chooses to do so.

I think I see a recurring theme here!

Y'know, I think I'll skip all that 'research', and just watch and see what actually happens. But, by all means, go ahead and use your right wing influence. Good luck with that.

Hint: I wouldn't bet your house that you'll be a big success on those particular issues.

USAF

Reaction score
The left doesn't condemn violence??

RememberMurray

Reaction score

You have to understand the right wing mindset, USAF. To them, there's patriotic, right-thinking Americans doing justifiable violence — as occurred on January 6 — and that's just fine and dandy... and then there's the really scary kind of violence...

Check out Senator Ron "RonAnon" Johnson. This guy is the poster child of doublespeak on violence:

SENATOR RON JOHNSON INSISTS IT’S NOT RACIST TO SAY HE’S AFRAID OF BLACK PEOPLE​

The Republican lawmaker insists there was “nothing racial” about saying he was unafraid of the Capitol-attacking rioters but would’ve been terrified of Black Lives Matter protesters.

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score

I was going to call BS on you, but this was a very well written piece of journalism from “Newsweek” and it’s clear Alex Jones represents the right perfectly, and hasn’t said under oath that he’s like a WWE act. So kudos.

Section2

Reaction score
You have to understand the right wing mindset, USAF. To them, there's patriotic, right-thinking Americans doing justifiable violence — as occurred on January 6 — and that's just fine and dandy... and then there's the really scary kind of violence...

Check out Senator Ron "RonAnon" Johnson. This guy is the poster child of doublespeak on violence:

SENATOR RON JOHNSON INSISTS IT’S NOT RACIST TO SAY HE’S AFRAID OF BLACK PEOPLE​

The Republican lawmaker insists there was “nothing racial” about saying he was unafraid of the Capitol-attacking rioters but would’ve been terrified of Black Lives Matter protesters.

Black Lives Matter protesters aren’t all black, and capitol rioters weren’t all white. But BOLD LETTERS!!

golf

Reaction score

Yeah, that is the very think i am saying. The national burning/looting/leveraging of companies we see from the left is being met with threats from Jones. The day may come where might become more than threats and more than a few people. That is my worry.

Top Bottom