Mitt Romney boo'd at Utah GOP Convention

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Good to see. People need to hold these garbage Republicans accountable. It was so bad for Romney that the director had to intervene, asking the audience to "Please, show respect", but none was given.

Nice trick though by Romney. The crowd was booing as he took the stage, so he asked repeatedly "What do you guys think of Joe Biden's first 100 days?", to give the impression the crowd was booing Biden. They weren't. It reminded of the scene in Spinal Tap where they say about the guy who opened for them "He was so bad, they were still booing when we took the stage".

Last edited:

stocker08

Reaction score
Crazy righties booing moderate republicans. How dare he not kiss Drumpf's shoes?

RememberMurray

Reaction score
"People need to hold these garbage Republicans accountable."

Romney was booed at a Utah GOP convention because Romney is a Republican, which means he's not a Trumpling nor is he a Q-publican.

Romney represents the party of Reagan.

The modern Republican party is not really a party so much as it is a Trump-centered cult. They are science deniers, conspiracy theorists, seditionists, anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, birthers, nativists, secessionists, white supremacists and gun-fetishizing nut jobs.

Section2

Reaction score
Good to see. People need to hold these garbage Republicans accountable. It was so bad for Romney that the director had to intervene, asking the audience to "Please, show respect", but none was given.

Nice trick though by Romney. The crowd was booing as he took the stage, so he asked repeatedly "What do you guys think of Joe Biden's first 100 days?", to give the impression the crowd was booing Biden. They weren't. It reminded of the scene in Spinal Tap where they say about the guy who opened for them "He was so bad, they were still booing when we took the stage".

Was Howie in the crowd?

MennoSota

Reaction score
"People need to hold these garbage Republicans accountable."

Romney was booed at a Utah GOP convention because Romney is a Republican, which means he's not a Trumpling nor is he a Q-publican.

Romney represents the party of Reagan.

The modern Republican party is not really a party so much as it is a Trump-centered cult. They are science deniers, conspiracy theorists, seditionists, anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, birthers, nativists, secessionists, white supremacists and gun-fetishizing nut jobs.
LOL, you have drank deeply from the MSNBC Kool-aid.
Since you show no acumen for understanding science, can we therefore generalize that all Democrats are scientific neaderthals? Well, at least we can say one is a scientific moron and he goes by the name of RememberMurray.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I think that crowd resents that Mitt isn’t a self made man like some others

Spoofin

Reaction score
LOL. Now we are condemning folks for booing a politician they don’t agree with. You can’t make this sh!t up.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Back then republicans weren't seditionists.

Exactly.

The Republican party sold their collective soul when Trump was elected. We all reaped what the Republican cowards had sown, for four almost interminable years.

Then January 6 happened. Uh oh. Hard to spin that one. Tough to apply a patina of 'botherism' to events of that day.

Mitt had better man up; he is living in a world that the establishment Republican enablers have largely created. The crazies, the reactionaries, the lunatics, the fringe people who used to hide in darkness on the edges of society have been richly emboldened. The genie is out of the bottle. There's no putting it back; not now.

Mitch McConnell is the poster boy for this tragedy. He enabled Trump's lunacy for four years, and he failed, again and again, to stand up. He mealy-mouthed his way through both impeachment trials, and then he attempted to grandstand with his self-righteous speech after Trump's second acquital.

Last edited:

RememberMurray

Reaction score
LOL. Now we are condemning folks for booing a politician they don’t agree with. You can’t make this sh!t up.

Nope. We're condemning 'folks' for supporting gaslighting, lies and insurrection.

But then again, Spoofer is a self-declared 'neutral' on gaslighting, lies and insurrection. So... you GO, Spoofer. You be you.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Nah, we just like pointing out that the march toward crassness is an in house affair.
It actually makes sense to me. The sheep don’t have original thought, they believe what they are told to, think what they are told to, and support everything they are told to. The very idea that some Rs would express displeasure with one of their own is viewed as madness that should be judged. Then the World makes sense again.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
It actually makes sense to me. The sheep don’t have original thought, they believe what they are told to, think what they are told to, and support everything they are told to. The very idea that some Rs would express displeasure with one of their own is viewed as madness that should be judged. Then the World makes sense again.

The "sheep"? Are you f-ing serious?

How do you feel about treason, sedition and insurrection, you fraud? Do gaslighting and blatant lies about a "stolen election" represent "original thought" to you, you complete and utter phony?

Whooopsie-daisy — I forgot... 'Mr. Neutrality' has me on 'ignore'. Ah, well...

USAF

Reaction score
Shill fraud, shill!

ecoperson

Reaction score
The "sheep"? Are you f-ing serious?

How do you feel about treason, sedition and insurrection, you fraud? Do gaslighting and blatant lies about a "stolen election" represent "original thought" to you, you complete and utter phony?

Whooopsie-daisy — I forgot... 'Mr. Neutrality' has me on 'ignore'. Ah, well...
I truly hope that the Rs split into two... the conspiracists and the fiscal conservatives. If the Ds do the same, I will jump for joy. This is the only way I see this country forging ahead as the more centrist parties might actually figure out a way to work with one another and for ALL of their constituents.

Top Bottom