Minnesota drivers

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I think we're better than average, wink, wink.

The writer should head out west and try to drive with all the hippie stoners in Portland. They are in no hurry to get anywhere.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
As some stated in the comments section, drivers in the Midwest don't use the zipper merge like you see many other places. That would make a big difference when it comes to traffic.

WorkingMyTailOff

Reaction score
Yes there seems to be a correlation between no allowing a merge/zipper merge and large trucks.

mplarson7

Reaction score
MSP area drivers=horrible.

Out-state drivers=not bad at all.

I currently live in Illinois though (Chicago suburbs), and the drivers here are so far beyond horrible it's hilarious. I witnessed someone turn left on a red left arrow after the main light also turned red. I mean, really?

tikited

Me
Reaction score

I currently live in Illinois though (Chicago suburbs), and the drivers here are so far beyond horrible it's hilarious. I witnessed someone turn left on a red left arrow after the main light also turned red. I mean, really?
The roads in Illinois are beyond bad to add to the problem.

Hoop33

Reaction score

Each state has bad drivers, they all say the same thing. Illinois is horrible, a lot of left lane squatters. And I thought people from New York didn't drive, mostly mass transit, so how's that opinion valid?

Kuato Lives!

Delvin, MN
Reaction score
In my experience, having lived and driven in Okinawa, Florida, and Texas in addition to Minnesota, there really isn't that much a difference in driver quality other than drivers in Texas frequently going 20mph over the speed limit on the freeways. There are good and bad drivers anywhere.

Hoop33

Reaction score
In my experience, having lived and driven in Okinawa, Florida, and Texas in addition to Minnesota, there really isn't that much a difference in driver quality other than drivers in Texas frequently going 20mph over the speed limit on the freeways. There are good and bad drivers anywhere.
Exactly as I see it and I also drove in Japan. And have taken cabs in many countries, everyone has their issues.

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
I have driven all over. In the Twin Cities people drive fine. My one pet peeve, and it seems to be a Minnesota quirk, is people driving in the left lane on highways. This is constant on I-94 between Fargo and Minneapolis. It disappears as soon as you turn north on I-29 in North Dakota.

Top Bottom