Migrant Caravan

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Assmaster said the caravan was organic.

Assmaster was proven wrong.

Again. Assmaster.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Who exactly are these guys paying the marchers in the migrant caravan? They must be rich! Either that, or someone with deep pockets was/is funding them?

This video was explained 2 months ago:

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-45951102

Guatemalan journalist Luis Assardo posted details on Twitter about his efforts to investigate the claims.

Assardo said he had spoken to locals who told him money, food and clothing were being handed out by local retailers to those in the caravan, up to a maximum of about $25 (£19) each.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/soros-caravan-refugees/

The MiChiquimula Facebook page reported that this group was already en route to the United States when they stopped in the Guatemalan city to board a bus. In other words, these people were not paid to “join” the caravan, as they were already a part of it:

Groups of Hondurans have chosen to travel aboard buses

Taking advantage of their passage through Esquipulas, this morning various Hondurans paid to continue their journey on bus, many of them accompanied by minors and babies.”

Guatemalan journalist Luis Assardo managed to speak with some of the locals and confirmed to Splinter News that these migrants were already a part of the caravan, and that they were given some money to help them get by and not as an inducement to “join” the trek.

The people seen in this video — virtually all of whom were women, female children, and women with small children — apparently each received a single banknote as they walked down a line, but the largest banknote in Guatemala is worth 200 Quetzales (approximately $25). Gaetz suggested in his tweet that Soros was paying this group of people to “join” a caravan and “storm” the U.S. border. If his accusation were true, that would mean that hundreds of vulnerable people decided to uproot their lives and embark on a nearly 1,500-mile journey at the risk of deportation, imprisonment, and having their children taken away from them, in order to interfere with an election that they were not directly involved in, all for $25 or less.

justthefacts

Reaction score
There are worse things to be called.

KGrHqIOKo0FHYBhqvCVBR5NF7LkhQ_60_1.jpeg

BarnBurner

Reaction score
You believe the young guys, with the shaved heads and guns in their wasitbands, handing out stacks of cash are "local retailers"? :rolleyes:

howie, jam jam, amaster, cnc, sporty all believe !!!!!!!

Just out of the goodness of their hearts.......:clap:

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score

I gotta admit, Assmaster makes me chuckle. It's juvenile, but it's funny.

It reminds me a bit of the drunken Mark McGrath meltdown, when the teenager kept calling his group 'Sugar Gay', instead of 'Sugar Ray'.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
I gotta admit, Assmaster makes me chuckle. It's juvenile, but it's funny.

It reminds me a bit of the drunken Mark McGrath meltdown, when the teenager kept calling his group 'Sugar Gay', instead of 'Sugar Ray'.

Assnaster himself makes me chuckle. He battles sporty for the title of egomaniacal a hole.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
Assnaster himself makes me chuckle. He battles sporty for the title of egomaniacal a hole.

It’s hard to be humble when you are as great as I am. Peons like you exist only as a measuring stick to demonstrate the greatness that is me. Mind you.....I say that with complete humility.[emoji18]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
It’s hard to be humble when you are as great as I am. Peons like you exist only as a measuring stick to demonstrate the greatness that is me. Mind you.....I say that with complete humility.[emoji18]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SF, I only like you in the sports threads. ;) You're too humble in the political threads for me to like you

cncmin

Reaction score

What in the fk are you talking about, you ritalin-deprived nutjob? Pretty sure this right here is one of my very few (very first?) posts in this 40+ page thread. Why do you make me waste my time putting your idjit ass on ignore? Kids these days.

Edit: Finally, I won't have to happen across your incessant stupidity on accident:

---
This message is hidden because BarnBurner is on your ignore list.
View Post

Remove user from ignore list [HELL NO]
---

Last edited:

cncmin

Reaction score
Pelosi is overplaying her hand with the shutdown, whether instigated by the President or not. Whether a wall is "necessary" or not, the fact is that the "wall" is something for which the frightened small-town, white rural folk in this country are desperately in favor. While cowtowing to the Rush Limbaughs and Ann Coulters of the world is not the thing to do at this time - and should affect the timing of the approval of the $5B, giving the elected President a promise for a very small portion of the budget just to say they gave him the funding is the right thing to do.

Many Dems supported stronger borders in the past, they oppose them now just because Trump wants them. Even though the Republicans did this for 8 straight years to the previous President, continuing this practice will only harden the political divide at a time when the Dems are quickly gaining political clout. The strategy, to me, seems ill-sighted.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
What in the fk are you talking about, you ritalin-deprived nutjob? Pretty sure this right here is one of my very few (very first?) posts in this 40+ page thread. Why do you make me waste my time putting your idjit ass on ignore? Kids these days.

Edit: Finally, I won't have to happen across your incessant stupidity on accident:

---
This message is hidden because BarnBurner is on your ignore list.
View Post

Remove user from ignore list [HELL NO]
---

Epic burn!????[emoji1531]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cncmin

Reaction score
Epic burn!��������[emoji1531]

Thanks, but he's just an annoying, very low intelligence poster with no interesting personality traits who adds nothing of substance to the board, ever. Putting him on ignore was long overdue and I regret not making the effort to do so long ago.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
Pelosi is overplaying her hand with the shutdown, whether instigated by the President or not. Whether a wall is "necessary" or not, the fact is that the "wall" is something for which the frightened small-town, white rural folk in this country are desperately in favor. While cowtowing to the Rush Limbaughs and Ann Coulters of the world is not the thing to do at this time - and should affect the timing of the approval of the $5B, giving the elected President a promise for a very small portion of the budget just to say they gave him the funding is the right thing to do.

Many Dems supported stronger borders in the past, they oppose them now just because Trump wants them. Even though the Republicans did this for 8 straight years to the previous President, continuing this practice will only harden the political divide at a time when the Dems are quickly gaining political clout. The strategy, to me, seems ill-sighted.

I would agree but Trump is not asking for a “deal.” He agreed to one but then reneged. To me it’s really simple; Trump ran on and was elected based on building wall. Obama ran on and was elected...twice on the ACA (just not Obama care?) There is a deal to be made here folks.

cncmin

Reaction score
I would agree but Trump is not asking for a “deal.” He agreed to one but then reneged. To me it’s really simple; Trump ran on and was elected based on building wall. Obama ran on and was elected...twice on the ACA (just not Obama care?) There is a deal to be made here folks.

Yes, he's trying to bully his way (again). But this tactic by the Dems seems more to humiliate him than for any other reason. Not that he doesn't deserve humiliation, but I stand by my point that the American people, essentially, voted for that wall in 2016, and, therefore, it should be provided.

howeda7

Reaction score
Yes, he's trying to bully his way (again). But this tactic by the Dems seems more to humiliate him than for any other reason. Not that he doesn't deserve humiliation, but I stand by my point that the American people, essentially, voted for that wall in 2016, and, therefore, it should be provided.

2/3 of the public doesn't want the wall. Trump's approval is 39%. Trump said he owned this shutdown. WTF would the Dems cave into him? He has no leverage. He stepped it and he owns it for however long he chooses to drag it out.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
What could trump offer in exchange for the 5 billion for his wall? Why are there no negotiations going on?

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
What could trump offer in exchange for the 5 billion for his wall? Why are there no negotiations going on?

good question. What happened to DACA? Wasnt Trump going to give that up? Unless the D's are only concerned about being obstructionists

Top Bottom