Migrant Caravan

bga1

Reaction score
The migrant mob from Guatemala has torn down the gates at the Mexico/Guatemala border. The group ranging between 3000 and 8000 people may be heading for the US border. Who here wants to let them into the US? Any of you budget cutters want to let them in? :)

I vote no- don't let them in.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
The white protestants in the 19th and 20th century came in by the millions. We only turned people away who failed a medical check. There were no quotas. All the Germans and Scandinavians were allowed in unlimited numbers.

In the early 20th century the Italians, Polish, and Irish started flowing in. Apparently those Catholics and the Jews also coming over weren't acceptable, so the country instituted immigration quotas in the 1920's.

Trump said he was ok with Norwegians immigrating.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
It’s not a good look and it will very possibly influence the mid-term elections.

howeda7

Reaction score
It’s not a good look and it will very possibly influence the mid-term elections.
Gee, I wonder if that's why Trump and the RWNJ media are shrieking about it? A mob of brown people are coming to kill us all! Vote red!

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Gee, I wonder if that's why Trump and the RWNJ media are shrieking about it? A mob of brown people are coming to kill us all! Vote red!
CNN even covered it after spending a bunch of time on the Mueller investigation and Trump joking about a congressman’s body slam.

I missed the part about them “coming to kill us all” though.

bga1

Reaction score
The white protestants in the 19th and 20th century came in by the millions. We only turned people away who failed a medical check. There were no quotas. All the Germans and Scandinavians were allowed in unlimited numbers.

In the early 20th century the Italians, Polish, and Irish started flowing in. Apparently those Catholics and the Jews also coming over weren't acceptable, so the country instituted immigration quotas in the 1920's.

Trump said he was ok with Norwegians immigrating.
Right. And when those early whiteys rolled in we just covered them with the extra safety net dollars if they couldn't find work, right??? Gave em a free education, medical care, the works. Oops your mask slipped. Big Government TS. BGTS

Last edited:

golfing18now

Reaction score
Serious question Howie. What is the upside in allowing a group like this one a free pass? Should citizenship even matter at this point? Or just come one, come all?

GoodasGold

Reaction score
They should cross the border at Ellis Island like everybody else.:mad:

howeda7

Reaction score
Serious question Howie. What is the upside in allowing a group like this one a free pass? Should citizenship even matter at this point? Or just come one, come all?
I never said we should let them in. I'm guessing most of them don't qualify for refugee status and will be sent home. That's what should happen. I just find the hysteria about it so predictable. OMG this proves we need a wall! We need to send massive military forces to the border! etc. etc.

golfing18now

Reaction score
I never said we should let them in. I'm guessing most of them don't qualify for refugee status and will be sent home. That's what should happen. I just find the hysteria about it so predictable. OMG this proves we need a wall! We need to send massive military forces to the border! etc. etc.
You are probably right. Almost as ridiculous as fixating on the yearbook entries of a high school kid and his alleged transgressions from 40 years ago and extrapolating those ideals to an entire political party. Politics.....

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Tucker Carlson can phone it in for another week. Gypsy Caravan II is sure to be a hit.

jamiche

Reaction score
They will pay a ton of taxes. If you hadn’t noticed, revenue is down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bga1

Reaction score
Right and you are going to figure out who qualifies for refugee status ! LOL - we can check them out on E verify or just google them!

That's a typical pussy foot post by you Howie.."I never said we should let them in".

howeda7

Reaction score
Right and you are going to figure out who qualifies for refugee status ! LOL - we can check them out on E verify or just google them!

That's a typical pussy foot post by you Howie.."I never said we should let them in".
Are you claiming we don't already have a process for refugees?

howeda7

Reaction score
If you guys want to make some serious comments about the caravan, I’d invite your opinions.
What is your opinion? What should we do to them when they arrive? Jail the kids, send the parents home and then put the kids up for adoption?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
What is your opinion? What should we do to them when they arrive? Jail the kids, send the parents home and then put the kids up for adoption?
I think Trump is taking a wise approach by making it difficult for them to get here. There is a AP report that says the People for Open Borders have paid workers guiding this caravan.

When they get here, you have to go my existing law. The current laws suck for deterring illegal immigration. Just the way you like it.

howeda7

Reaction score
I think Trump is taking a wise approach by making it difficult for them to get here. There is a AP report that says the People for Open Borders have paid workers guiding this caravan.

When they get here, you have to go my existing law. The current laws suck for deterring illegal immigration. Just the way you like it.
B.S. I say let them all vote once each in AZ and TX, but then send them right back where they came from!

jamiche

Reaction score
If you guys want to make some serious comments about the caravan, I’d invite your opinions.
If we let them in the country they will get jobs and pay a ton of taxes like millions of other immigrants from all over the world over the last 150 years or so.

We are short on tax revenue. We can use the dough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jamiche

Reaction score

We have a huge deficit, Humble Beggar. Let’s get them in here and get them working so they can pay some taxes.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
B.S. I say let them all vote once each in AZ and TX, but then send them right back where they came from!
There’s probably a Democrat voluteer embedded with them taking registrations as we speak.

Just make damn sure they get the spelling correct and the addresses of their illegal friends that they’re going to be moving in with.

howeda7

Reaction score
If we let them in the country they will get jobs and pay a ton of taxes like millions of other immigrants from all over the world over the last 150 years or so.

We are short on tax revenue. We can use the dough.

There are crops rotting in some places for lack of field workers. But I was told Real 'Muricans were just waiting for those jobs?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
We have a huge deficit, Humble Beggar. Let’s get them in here and get them working so they can pay some taxes.
I’m sure they’ll be right in that middle income tax bracket.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
In all seriousness, unless you want uncontrolled waves, you can’t let them in unprocessed.

Top Bottom