Michael Flynn expected to plea GUILTY! LOCK HIM UP!!!!!!

jamiche

Reaction score
The one thing that has changed is that if trump remains in office after 11/3, he will seek to have his political opponents (real and perceived) jailed. With Barr as AG, the DOJ has been weaponized to carry that out.

howeda7

Reaction score
He did not plead guilty to "multiple felonies". That's patently false. He pled guilty to one count of "willfully and knowingly" making "false, fictitious and fraudulent statements" to the FBI.
In exchange for not being charged with other crimes he admitted to.

bga1

Reaction score
In exchange for not being charged with other crimes he admitted to.
In exchange for them not going after his son. If you had a son, I think you would protect him in the same way Flynn did.

atsgopher

Reaction score
The bottom line is in order for the FBI to interview Flynn there had to be a legal predicate. Since there was no legal predicate, everything else is a moot point.

This is what makes it not a scandal and just politics. Flynn did lie, and would have been guilty, except the FBI made a procedural misstep. I.E. they closed their investigation on January 4th..... However, did they? Look in Barr's report (also in one of your posts). it shows messages between them where they screwed up the formal closing. A technicality, but it does give them their legal justification as it is continuing an ongoing investigation.

I will grant you that is splitting hairs.

That is why I am trying to do though.... show this is splitting hairs. or in other words, this is normal political gamesmanship.

The FBI investigated Michael Flynn because they hated Flynn & Trump.
Agreed, except I think it was just Trump they hated. Flynn was just collateral damage. Trump had been around for 40 years, playing around near the edges of the law.

I'll bet, He had the FBIs ire from his 1980s dealings with Gambinos and Genovese families, when Trump just said he didn't know they were mafia (i'm paraphrasing). Or at least that is what I assume, as the Trump case was part of the proof of racketeering for Fat Tony Salerno, et al.... He also gave those Cars to Gotti's associate (forget who). Comey probably hated that he was a Republican.

bga1

Reaction score
This is what makes it not a scandal and just politics. Flynn did lie, and would have been guilty, except the FBI made a procedural misstep. I.E. they closed their investigation on January 4th..... However, did they? Look in Barr's report (also in one of your posts). it shows messages between them where they screwed up the formal closing. A technicality, but it does give them their legal justification as it is continuing an ongoing investigation.

I will grant you that is splitting hairs.

That is why I am trying to do though.... show this is splitting hairs. or in other words, this is normal political gamesmanship.

Agreed, except I think it was just Trump they hated. Flynn was just collateral damage. Trump had been around for 40 years, playing around near the edges of the law.

I'll bet, He had the FBIs ire from his 1980s dealings with Gambinos and Genovese families, when Trump just said he didn't know they were mafia (i'm paraphrasing). Or at least that is what I assume, as the Trump case was part of the proof of racketeering for Fat Tony Salerno, et al.... He also gave those Cars to Gotti's associate (forget who). Comey probably hated that he was a Republican.
Was Nixon politics as usual, just a few dirty tricks? You will find out that a far worse scandal happened under Obama, regardless of what you think of Nixon. The Flynn case was terrible, but just the tip of the iceberg. You would be singing a different tune about how minor this was, if you were Flynn.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
The one thing that has changed is that if trump remains in office after 11/3, he will seek to have his political opponents (real and perceived) jailed. With Barr as AG, the DOJ has been weaponized to carry that out.
Only the ones that broke the law and deserved to be jailed.

Trump isn’t going to have a thing to do with any of this. John Durham is making the call on this and will make his recommendations to Bill Barr. If there’s any benefit of the doubt, it will go to the Obama administration officials that probably deserve to be in jail and that they publicly embarrass but show leniency to.

atsgopher

Reaction score
Was Nixon politics as usual, just a few dirty tricks? You will find out that a far worse scandal happened under Obama, regardless of what you think of Nixon. The Flynn case was terrible, but just the tip of the iceberg. You would be singing a different tune about how minor this was, if you were Flynn.
The Flynn case is not terrible. It's nothing. Never was anything. Quit getting your blood pressure elevated over politics. Flynn got himself into trouble. We don't need to rehash that. it is something he admits. They went after him because he was leverage. Barr is playing politics back; its strategic. No scandal.

The White house wouldn't lose by releasing the call. They fired Flynn. I.E. they have all the plausible deniability they need. If they are claiming privilege, well that's weird, that would be before the inauguration (thus privilege wouldn't apply). Why would a call, before the inauguration have anything to do with National security - it can't, that would be illegal. He was not National Security advisor yet. The only thing that it could do is prove his innocence or guilt. Yet they listened to it, and fired him.

From your earlier post:
Obama wasn't president when Mueller was appointed. Trump (through authorizing Rosenstein) appointed Mueller. Mueller investigation didn't get authorized till the next May. An ex post facto attempt to tie in Obama fails Prima Facie.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Is it true Trump called Putin today and had a conversation about Flynn?

bga1

Reaction score
The Flynn case is not terrible. It's nothing. Never was anything. Quit getting your blood pressure elevated over politics. Flynn got himself into trouble. We don't need to rehash that. it is something he admits. They went after him because he was leverage. Barr is playing politics back; its strategic. No scandal.

The White house wouldn't lose by releasing the call. They fired Flynn. I.E. they have all the plausible deniability they need. If they are claiming privilege, well that's weird, that would be before the inauguration (thus privilege wouldn't apply). Why would a call, before the inauguration have anything to do with National security - it can't, that would be illegal. He was not National Security advisor yet. The only thing that it could do is prove his innocence or guilt. Yet they listened to it, and fired him.

From your earlier post:
Obama wasn't president when Mueller was appointed. Trump (through authorizing Rosenstein) appointed Mueller. Mueller investigation didn't get authorized till the next May. An ex post facto attempt to tie in Obama fails Prima Facie.
Mueller ran the FBI through 2013. The spying started to go off the rails in 2012. You are wrong. Sit back and relax- you will see. I am going to enjoy this.

Reactions: SDR

atsgopher

Reaction score
Mueller ran the FBI through 2013. The spying started to go off the rails in 2012. You are wrong. Sit back and relax- you will see. I am going to enjoy this.
You really think there is some legal conspiracy that is brewing about Obama? It's just ready to break in a few short years.

What's your opinion on the Dunning-Krueger effect?

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
You really think there is some legal conspiracy that is brewing about Obama? It's just ready to break in a few short years.

He's been saying it will break next week for a few years now. Welcome to the insanity that is beeg. He needs help from medical professionals.

bga1

Reaction score
He's been saying it will break next week for a few years now. Welcome to the insanity that is beeg. He needs help from medical professionals.
Yep. Welcome. I will make note that you think nothing is going to happen.

bga1

Reaction score

I doubt that you are stupid. Have a little confidence in yourself!

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Yep. Welcome. I will make note that you think nothing is going to happen.
That's not what I said. I said you have been saying this story will break next week now for years and that you are truly insane. Both facts.

bga1

Reaction score
That's not what I said. I said you have been saying this story will break next week now for years and that you are truly insane. Both facts.
Oh,I see you are covering yourself just in case. Got it. Glad for you to label me crazy. That's a good thing.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Oh,I see you are covering yourself just in case. Got it. Glad for you to label me crazy. That's a good thing.
I'm not covering myself for anything. Just letting the new guy know that he's trying to argue with someone who is clinically insane. He deserves to know the truth.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
This is what makes it not a scandal and just politics. Flynn did lie, and would have been guilty, except the FBI made a procedural misstep.

Falsifying documents, lying to judges, hiding evidence, fabricating false evidence, setting perjury traps,, threatening family members, and repeating these steps multiple times is hardly a "mis-step" by the FBI. The fact that Obama was in on this deal means it's now reached the White House as well. Using the FBI (and CIA and IRS) to go after a political opponent is not a "procedural misstep". This is going to be interesting. I don't think the Comey defense of "sure she committed a bunch of serious crimes, but she didn't mean to do that, so it's all okay" is going to fly this time. Time will tell...

bga1

Reaction score
I'm not covering myself for anything. Just letting the new guy know that he's trying to argue with someone who is clinically insane. He deserves to know the truth.
Good to know! Thanks for the heads up!

stocker08

Reaction score
The evidence is all over. Game. Set. Match.
Clapper lies in his cnn interview. Lied. Just like Strzoker. Just like Obama.

Yes. Flynn lied. He admitted it. Get your helmet back on and keep worshiping President Dump, brokenbrain.

howeda7

Reaction score
I thought his ODS would go away with a new savior to worship. Instead it's somehow gotten worse. Sad.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
I thought his ODS would go away with a new savior to worship. Instead it's somehow gotten worse. Sad.
It's because more and more evidence is showing that Trump is a worse president than Obama and beeg's tiny psychotic brain just can't handle that fact.

howeda7

Reaction score
It's because more and more evidence is showing that Trump is a worse president than Obama and beeg's tiny psychotic brain just can't handle that fact.
Therefore Trump's failings are due to evil mastermind Obama plotting against him.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Therefore Trump's failings are due to evil mastermind Obama plotting against him.
I thought it was hilldawg, but that can't be cuz beeg said she'll be locked up next week.

howeda7

Reaction score
I thought it was hilldawg, but that can't be cuz beeg said she'll be locked up next week.
How can she be locked up? She died from Parkinson's in September 2016. The Fellas need to re-group and sort out their conspiracies.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Yes. Flynn lied. He admitted it. Get your helmet back on and keep worshiping President Dump, brokenbrain.
Flynn case dropped. Strzoker. Obama and his henchmen lies. Clapper lied. Strzoker lies.
Flynn case dropped. Game. Set. Match.

Top Bottom