Meet QB Philip Nelson the Renegades starting quarterback for Week 1

Spaulding!No!

Reaction score
I am looking forward to Nelson having success and the eventual article with Jerry Kill quotes. 'I always knew the kid had it.'

Spoofin

Reaction score
I am looking forward to Nelson having success and the eventual article with Jerry Kill quotes. 'I always knew the kid had it.'
Has Jerry ever said that before or even commented on PN9 at all since he left? I guess if you run out of things to rip on Jerry for you can start on hypotheticals.

Gold Rush

Reaction score
Who was the walkon WR we had that was our best WR and Kill yelled at him and said when he was at Northern Illinois he had 8 better WR's than him? The kid wrote a huge, ill-advised letter that got publicized and left the team. That was the strangest story I heard when Kill was coaching. Here was a kid who was paying his own way, was starting on the team, and then got into a huge fight with Kill and left the team. Do you remember who this was?

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Who was the walkon WR we had that was our best WR and Kill yelled at him and said when he was at Northern Illinois he had 8 better WR's than him? The kid wrote a huge, ill-advised letter that got publicized and left the team. That was the strangest story I heard when Kill was coaching. Here was a kid who was paying his own way, was starting on the team, and then got into a huge fight with Kill and left the team. Do you remember who this was?
AJ Barker

LakevilleBro

Reaction score
AJ Barker

AJ Barker

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
Yeah that was Barker.

It was a really meandering rant he posted online too. Lots of insinuation but no specifics that you could nail down.

I kinda chalked it up to a personality conflict. Some folks just don't take certain types of coaches well.

He transferred and then got caught with pot one day at the new school... But he wasn't on the other school's football team (at least not yet) and I never heard of him resurfacing in football again.

Spaulding!No!

Reaction score
It appears Nelson made a full recovery from his concussion following the Mankato attack.

Gold Rush

Reaction score
Thanks -- AJ Barker - of course!! I wonder whatever happened to that guy. You really hate to see that - he had some good games for us, too.

PitinoFan

Reaction score
Thanks -- AJ Barker - of course!! I wonder whatever happened to that guy. You really hate to see that - he had some good games for us, too.
I don’t know what he’s up to now, but I found his Twitter account. He’s clearly a Gopher fan.

I hadn’t seen this before, but this was on there. Watch this ridiculous catch by PJ.

Gold Rush

Reaction score
I don’t know what he’s up to now, but I found his Twitter account. He’s clearly a Gopher fan.

I hadn’t seen this before, but this was on there. Watch this ridiculous catch by PJ.

Wow -- great find - and good detective work, too!

Spaulding!No!

Reaction score
First, Streveler then Nelson. Up next, Leidner! Let’s get all theee of these guys in the NFL.

PitinoFan

Reaction score
Pretty much what I meant by “a moment”
I know what you meant. I’ve wondered whether being in a camp or playing in a preseason game really counts as “making it to the NFL.” In my opinion, they need to at least make a practice squad.

Oregon Gopher

Guardian of the Western Front
Reaction score
He pls
. He played well. Nelson, streveler and leidner are rewriting Jerry’s qbs recruiting history.
Must have been watching a different game than me. Despite completing over 75% of his passes he averaged less than 5 yards an attempt- ugh. Longest play 21 yards. A couple longer pass attempts late in game looked like noodle arm throws with one easily picked off.

HeHateMeMn

Banned
Reaction score
Has Jerry ever said that before or even commented on PN9 at all since he left? I guess if you run out of things to rip on Jerry for you can start on hypotheticals.
Why you always argue with people for no reason?

CurveballJesus

Reaction score
Didn't see him play. Did he cut his hair? If yes then he made another terrible decision

Top Bottom